Leon County assistance program.
Find Mortgage Help From Leon County Foreclosure-Prevention Assistance Program
Families in need of mortgage help, or foreclosure prevention aid, can receive up to $7500 in mortgage relief from the Leon County Foreclosure-Prevention Assistance Program. Leon County will provide grants for up to $7,500 in foreclosure prevention assistance to residents in Leon County who meet the program guidelines and the money will be used to allow residents to bring current their mortgage. While the maximum offered will be $7500, the total amount of assistance that will be approved will be for the amount required to bring the homeowners mortgage current after other aid and relief measures have been exhausted,. In addition, credit counseling and help with refinancing costs may be provided when appropriate. All applicants for the program will be considered on a first come, first qualified basis, and only while funds last. Find additional ways to get mortgage assistance.
Condition to be eligible for the Leon County Foreclosure-Prevention Assistance Program include:
- A homeowner needs to be delinquent at least 60 days, and in addition they must have received notification in writing from their bank or lender that the foreclosure process has begun.
- An applicants to the program must be the property owner(s) and also the home for which assistance is being requested must be their main, primary residence.
- An individual or family that is applying needs to be qualified as low or mid income at the time foreclosure help is requested
- People must live in Leon County.
- An applicants is eligible to receive foreclosure prevention assistance just one time.
- An applicant needs to be credit worthy or they need to be enrolled in credit repair, budgeting, credit or debt counseling, and also foreclosure prevention courses, and they must also have sufficient household income required to keep up with their mortgage payments after foreclosure assistance is received.
- They will be required to both demonstrate and implement the steps they are taking to resolve their financial situation.
- Call (850) 606-1900
Help and Hope Program
The United Way HELP&HOPE assistance program is an unconventional type of assistance program. The main goal of the program is to connect those individuals and families who are experiencing a crisis due to the economic recession. The program provides the applicant with access to both existing and new resources that can hasten their return to economic independence, and provide them with short term relief to help pay bills The United Way currently has over has 30 volunteers ready to help.
The program provides a wide variety of aid. Some examples include:
- They have $5,000 worth of time from Tallahassee Community College to provide job training.
- Lawyers have offered to help with legal procedures like foreclosure and credit card collectors. Find how to get help with credit cards.
An example of the programs success is a women who was on the verge of losing her home to foreclosure. The person had not made any progress with her mortgage holder or bank. So the Help & Hope program connected her with a lawyer who talked to the bank, for free, and as a result, the woman received more time to pay her mortgage.
For more information about HELP&HOPE or to apply, call 850-414-0859