latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rent assistance in Kane County.

Find where funds for paying rent can be obtained in Kane County. Charity organizations as well as churches or the local town office will offer some type of emergency and/or long term housing assistance. The goal is to provide support, whether rental or security deposit assistance, for a new home or apartment to help keep people housed. Find where to get help with rent near you in Kane County below as well as other housing programs for low-income families..

Many of the agencies in the region are faith based organizations or non-profits. While they will help people of all backgrounds, religions, and ages, the amount of money available from the charities for rental assistance is limited. However there are also section 8 income based homes or apartments, free legal services for tenants as well as government grants for paying rent. More often than not they will only pay a small portion of what is due and then offer referrals for the balance.

Kane County Illinois families can also apply for a free government grant or voucher from their local town. They will have funds for rent as well as a wide variety of other housing expenses, including motel or hotel vouchers, if it will prevent homelessness. Each town wants to to prevent people from being on the streets, so a combination of rental assistance as well as counseling and transitional housing are all used.

Find information on emergency rental and deposit assistance in Kane County

Veterans Assistance Commission of Kane County
Address is 719 South Batavia Ave, Government Center, Geneva, Illinois 60134. Call (630) 232-3550
Emergency financial aid, including for rent, is for veterans and their families. They can't be receiving any other government support, such as VA benefits, and need to meet income conditions. There is also information on programs such as SSVF and HUD-VASH, which help veterans with motel rooms, mortgage or rent payments, employment, moving costs and more.

Rent and homeless prevention from local township
All across Kane County are General Assistance Programs. These resources will offer grants for everything from paying future rent to mortgage or energy bills. It is only available every year or two, depending on the town. Some town agencies will only issue residents a zero percent loan for bills such as rent.

  • Aurora Township, 80 North Broadway Avenue, Aurora, Illinois 60507, dial (630) 897-8777
  • Geneva Township, 400 Wheeler Drive, Geneva, IL 60134, phone (630-232-3602
  • Hanover Township can be called at (630) 540-9085
  • Or call a local municipality as they almost all offer support.




Kane County Rental Assistance and Housing Support Program - Lazarus House
Call (630) 587-2144 or 630.587.5872
This is only for people that live in RHS designated properties. Rental assistance is available from government grants in partnership with the Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA). There is also grant money for security deposits or first months rent as well as landlord/tenanat mediation services.

Salvation Army, Joe K. Anderson Community Center
Address: 1710 South 7th Avenue, St. Charles, IL 60174. Phone - (630) 377-2769
 The Tri-City Corps center has emergency rent assistance, shelter, and more. They also take part in resources such as ESG and are focused on homeless prevention. Among other Kane County program is the Shelter Assistance Committee.

For referrals to shelter or rent programs, call the non-profit for intake. There is also a Family Store for free or low cost furniture, emergency utility bill help (to prevent homelessness) and possible motel vouchers, including online in some cases.

  • Salvation Army Center in Aurora also support portions of Kane County with basic needs, financial help for housing (rent, mortgages, utilities, etc) and other aid. Address - 550 Redwood Dr, Aurora, IL 60506. Main phone - (630) 897-7265.
  • Other assistance is offered too. More on Salvation Army Kane County assistance programs.

Two Rivers Agency -  River Ridge Location
Office is at 1661 Landmark Road, Aurora, IL 60506. Call (847) 717-6048 or (800) 847-9010
Referrals are given for social services, including housing. CSBG may from time to time have funds for deposits or rent. The goal is to stop evictions. Case management is also coordinated for tenants, including senior citizens in Kane County.

Prairie State Legal Services - Kane County
The Office is at 31W1 North Ave Ste 200, West Chicago, IL 60185. Dial (630) 232-9415
Attorneys work on a pro-bono basis. They will help families with a pay or quit notice. Other support can include help in applying for benefits such as section 8 or public housing, disability applications and more. Struggling tenants, the disabled and poor in Kane County can meet with a free lawyer to help fight eviction or get housing benefits.





Society of St. Vincent de Paul housing programs - There are several churches that are part of this charity. Each is involved in raising money from the community for basic needs. Rental assistance programs are combined with other resources to help end the cycle of homelessness.

  • Thomas More Church is in Elgin. The number is (847) 628-5170
  • Society of St. Vincent de Paul of St. Monica's Catholic Church has an address of 90 North Kennedy Drive, Carpentersville, Illinois 60110. Dial (847) 428-2646 or (847) 428-5467
  • St. John Neumann Catholic Church, 2900 East Main Street, Saint Charles, IL 60174, phone - ((630) 377-2797
  • St. Rita of Cascia Conference - 750 West Old Indian Trail, Aurora, IL 60506, phone - (630) 892-6186 or (630) 892-5918
  • Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Holy Cross Conference serves residents of Batavia Illinois. Call (630) 879-4750 for information.
  • St. Charles Borromeo Parish at 297 E Jefferson St, Hampshire, IL 60140. Call (847) 683-2391

Aurora Quad County Urban League
Location is 1685 N Farnsworth Ave, Aurora, IL 60505. Call (630) 851-2203
They offer information on social services and financial aid for immigrants, minorities, single parents and the disadvantaged. One program for referrals is the emergency rent assistance program as part of homeless prevention and rapid rehousing. They also have information on deposits, low income apartments, government aid and more. Financial literacy, information on housing rights and landlord discrimination concerns and other support is offered too.

Community Crisis Center
Mailing address is 37 S Geneva St, Elgin, IL 60120. Call (847) 697-2380
A local government affiliated non-profit. Everything from information on low income, affordable apartments is given to emergency rent help, money to pay security deposits, free motel vouchers, information on immigration services and more. The working poor, single moms or dads, senior citizens and others can get help with housing, rent, or mortgages. More details on Kane County Crisis center financial assistance.

Catholic Charities of Kane County and Aurora is based at 314 N. Lake St.. Outreach will help residents of the county. Many clients are elderly or they are single parents. The church will offer applications to funds for heating bills to stop homelessness or one time rental assistance. Or they will help a family move into a new home in Kane County. There is also housing resources for immigrants as well as women facing DV. Call (630) 820-3220.

Hesed House
659 South River Street, Aurora, IL 60506. Main phone - (630) 897-2156
The service they offer is PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter). This offers money to pay for security deposits for those leaving their transitional housing program. Immigrants and Spanish speakers can use the non-profit services too. There is also housing placement services, including information on low-income housing units that have no wait list.

Lazarus House Emergency Shelter and Financial Aid
Address: 214 Walnut Street, St. Charles, Illinois 60174. Call (630) 587-2144
Not only is short term housing arranged, but there are also funds or loans for expenses such as rent to stop homelessness. Staff also provide advice to clients.





HUD Eviction Prevention Services can help tenants facing an emergency as well as the currently homeless. Federal government grants can help pay for housing needs including security deposits, moving expenses, or back rent. Other services in Kane County for single parents and the low income range from temporary housing to legal aid and money for rental deposits. Find more details on Kane County eviction assistance.

Aurora Housing Authority
1449 Jericho Cir, Aurora, IL 60506. Call (630) 701-9977
Families in poverty, with an income, can apply for low income apartments or rental subsidies from HUD section 8 vouchers. Some emergency vouchers may help the elderly, people facing violence or sick as well. Find more details on section 8 HUD vouchers in Illinois.

  • Another PHA is at Housing Authority of Elgin is based at 120 S State St, Elgin, IL 60123. Phone - (847) 742-3853


Related Content From



By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site