latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Assistance programs Hardin County Kentucky.

Learn about programs funded by the United Way, local community action agencies, and other non-profits that can provide financial assistance in Elizabethtown area. Get help with bills, rent, free food, weatherization and other services to low income families. A number of churches, charities (including Hope and Helping Hand), and government assistance programs are used to help the low income as well as struggling in Hardin County.

Not only may emergency financial aid be provided (those those who qualify), but a number of Elizabethtown non-profits also offer case management or free stuff. They also help with disability application grants, give free books or supplies to kids for school, and so much more, as noted below.

Senior programs and prescription medications

The United Way provided funding to create the Central Kentucky Senior Corps/(SHIP) State Health Insurance Program, (SCP) Senior Companion Program and (RSVP) Retired Senior Volunteer Program. All of these services for for the elderly and/or retired in Hardin County.

Senior citizens who are living on fixed or limited incomes often have to make the difficult choice between buying their prescription medication or buying food. So in order to help seniors, the United Way of Central Kentucky began funding a program, in a partnership with the Central Kentucky Community Action Senior Corps which provides Seniors in the area with free or reduced rate prescription drugs. Dial (270)737-0669 to learn more or apply for help.

Free food, clothing and shelter

A local Hardin County non-profit, Hope and Helping Hand, provides people with emergency and crisis assistance. The agency tries to ensure that low income and others in need have access to basic necessities such as food, clothing, groceries, housing and shelter.

In some cases, there may be emergency rental assistance provided to those facing an eviction. Other financial help includes prescription drugs, grants for security deposits, and no-interest loans for housing needs. The goal of the agency is to ensure people in a crisis have what they need to survive over the long term, so budgeting is also provided to those that need it. The charity is based in Elizabethtown Kentucky and the phone number is (270)769-3092. Or find details on Helping Hand of Hope emergency assistance.




Salvation Army of Hardin - Various social services are run. They can provide referrals to families living in poverty. Clients can learn about local food pantries or free back to school and Christmas assistance programs. Basic needs such as clothing, information on job training, and more may be provided too. 1006 N Mulberry St, Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42701-2037, call 270-982-0833, or more on the Salvation Army in Hardin County.

Housing solutions, for the homeless and tenants facing eviction, are available. Several charities and churches provide one time rent help, referrals, shelter, and even security deposit assistance. The goal is to prevent both short as well as long term homelessness in the community. Find additional programs that provide rental assistance in Hardin County.

Free or low cost health care

Contact Community Health Charities of Kentucky at 1-888-336-3611. This non-profit supports local charities as well as free clinics throughout Elizabethtown, Hardin County, and other local communities. They may be able to direct patients to location for low cost or charity medical services.

Access to free or affordable health as well as dental care can be arranged. There is always a high demand. Hardin County government and non-profit resources direct families to options for medications, substance abuse counseling, physicals, immunizations, free dental cleanings and more. Find a list of free community clinics in Kentucky.

Financial help from Central Kentucky Community Action Council

These non-profit offers low income people numerous services, resources, and assistance programs. They are the local Hardin County community action agency, and their goal is to provide short term aid, and also help people gain long term success.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - This federal government and state run utility assistance program offers customers with help paying for natural gas, electric bills, and bulk fuels such as: heating oil, propane, fuel oil, kerosene, and wood.





Emergency services and assistance - Gain access to food, groceries, and other nutritional support. The FEMA Emergency Assistance program also will help qualified low to moderate income households to prevent utility shutoffs, provide financial assistance for utility reconnects, resources for winterize homes, or the program can help enroll individuals in various other utility bill assistance programs.

Conserve energy - The Weatherization Assistance Program lowers the energy bills, consumption levels and home heating bills and costs for households in the area. Qualified homeowners and renters can save hundreds of dollars per year on their bills.

WinterCare Fund - This is another option that may be have some limited funding to help with heating bills.

Job training and placement - The Community Action in Central Kentucky works with clients on increasing their income and employment stability. This is a service given to improve financial stability. Resume reviews, information on free computer coding classes, career workshops and more may be arranged.

Homeless and rent assistance - From time to time the non-profit may have rent assistance funds. If they do not, they can refer people to various programs. There may be loans or other funds from charities, national government and state of Kentucky rent assistance programs.

Applications are always needed. If you need help in difficult times, call the Central Kentucky Community Action Council at (270) 692-2136.


By Jon McNamara













Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page