latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs Garfield County.

There are several emergency financial assistance programs and places for free stuff in Garfield County. Find how to get help with back rent or utility bills, or free food, clothes, or furniture Garfield County. Or find government grant money, free back to school supplies for students or other financial as well as material resources.

The assistance is offered at churches, charities or government offices in Glenwood Springs and the county. A major focus is around both financial help as well as case management/stability, even information on job programs, debt counseling and more. Even find jobs with no experience needed.

Find financial help with rent, medical transportation, utility bill assistance, and emergency lodging in Garfield County

Residents of Glenwood Springs and Garfield County can receive assistance from the Salvation Army. They provide a wide variety of financial aid programs or free items to those in need. They can provide short term rental assistance and help with paying security deposits. In addition, they can help someone catch up on unpaid utility bills and keep electric service going. They also work with organizations that can provide emergency lodging and a homeless shelter, as well as medical transportation.

The Salvation Army can help all people as resources allow. Currently, they are helping hundreds of low income and/or struggling families per month. The Salvation Army also gives out free items to address basic needs, including groceries, Christmas toys from Adopt a Family as well as back to school supplies (among other resources). Call (970) 945-6976 to speak to someone from the Salvation Army, or read more on the Glenwood Springs Salvation Army assistance programs.

Rental, section 8, and housing assistance is offered from Garfield County Housing Authority. The main office is in Rifle Colorado, and the phone number is  970-625-3589. The Garfield County Housing Authority runs for local residents the federal government funded Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program for Garfield County low income families. Learn more on Colorado section 8.

The Rental Assistance Program that is administered helps pay rent for existing housing. In general, participants in Section 8 and rental programs are required to contribute 30% of their adjusted monthly income towards paying their monthly rent and utilities.





Catholic Charities of Western Slope is a charity to call for access to emergency financial assistance for families and individuals who are in need of housing support, such as rent assistance, heating and utility bill assistance, dental care and aid, transportation, shelter, lodging, and more. Some limited funding is available, but Catholic Charities may also refer people and direct them to other agencies and both federal and Colorado state government programs that can provide further assistance with bills. Please call Glenwood Springs at 970-384-2060 to make an appointment or learn more.

Garfield County Department of Human Services (phone 970-625-5282) runs the local version of the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) which program provides financial assistance, grants, and advice to help low income households with utility bills. There may be grants to help with paying winter home heating costs and cooling bills for the summer too.

Human Services processes other public assistance programs too. That ranges from SNAP food stamps to free health care from Medicaid. There are also cash assistance benefits as well as government resources focused in the disabled and elderly in Garfield County. They also partner with local charities, and food banks in Colorado.

LIFT-UP-Life Inter Faith Team on Unemployment and Poverty is a Garfield Colorado based nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping those who are struggling providing essential humanitarian assistance in the communities we serve. The non-profit has food pantries and offices in Aspen, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Rifle and Parachute Colorado. For example, one service they offer is the Extended Table Soup Kitchen which serves warm, nutritious meals each Monday through Friday to the needy in the community. 970-945-2005


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site