Assistance programs Bullitt County
Low-income families, seniors and the disabled will get immediate financial help or free stuff in Shepherdsville as well as Bullitt County. There is emergency assistance to help with housing needs, transportation, or electric bills. Or locate free food, applications to government benefit programs and more. Find financial help near you in Bullitt County, including the Mount Washington area and Shepherdsville KY.
Financial assistance for bills, food, rent and more
The place to call in Shepherdsville and Bullitt Kentucky is the the local Multi-Purpose Community Action Agency, Inc. They offer numerous programs and options, including those listed below.
- A program known as Emergency Assistance provides low income and elderly with financial help. Get access to funds to help with paying for food, utility, clothing, rent and mortgages. There is also a homeless shelter, prescriptions and free or low cost medical or dental, even for the uninsured. Families and individuals who are experiencing a temporary crisis receive budget and debt counseling along with the financial assistance for paying bills to help them identify problem areas and to avoid situations in the future.
- Learn about and apply for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, (LIHEAP) It provides free grants, HVAC repairs, and hardship money to the low-income. This program provides utility and cooling bill assistance during the winter and summer months. This program is funded by the state of Kentucky and the federal government, and the program has a subsidy component which runs from November through December. The resource is open to low income families in Bullitt County, the elderly or disabled, and they must meet income guidelines and be responsible for their heating expenses and bills.
- Another option known as the LIHEAP Crisis component runs from January through March or until the funds are expended, whichever comes first. To qualify for the Crisis assistance the participant must meet income guidelines, they must also have a disconnect notice, or they need to be within 4 days of having no heat due to a loss of service or an empty fuel tank.
- Weatherization is another program that provides free energy related home repairs and energy conserving updates. The goal is to help lower heating bills and cooling expenses. Repairs and improvements that can be made to the home include fixing or replacing the cooling or heating system; adding insulation to the home; and stopping air infiltration.
- Debt and budget help, and self-sufficiency program from community action. Work one on one with a counselor to get access to services which include case management, debt counseling, goal setting, employment skill development, housing and mortgage advice, educational enhancement, household financial management and financial support with bills.
There are offices located in Shepherdsville, and the Multi-Purpose Community Action Agency, Inc. can be called at (502) 633-7162 to learn more or to apply for help. The address is 207 Washington St, Shelbyville, KY 40065.
Additional financial resources, free medical and groceries in Bullitt County
Free basic needs can be met by food pantries in the area. The locations mostly offer free groceries, meals, and boxes of food, but other support may be provided too. Many of the charities that operate these centers also pass out clothing, serve Christmas meals or gifts, and provide other assistance to low income families. Some may even offer financial aid. Locate Bullitt County food pantries.
Family Support of Bullitt County processes public assistance and government benefits. The low-income, unemployed, single moms and other will be able to get everything from a SNAP EBT card to pay for free to free health insurance from Medicaid, TANF cash aid, SSI applications and more. Job training and free placement is also offered for Bullitt County residents. The address is 31 Mount Rushmore Ct, Shelbyville, Ky 40065. Call (502) 633-3530. Or look here for details on cash assistance in Kentucky.
Shepherdsville Family Health Clinic provides free or sliding fee dental and health care. There is help for people with no insurance or money. Dentists give free teeth cleanings, there are exams, dental implants, STD checks, and free telehealth. Free women’s health care is also offered such as an OB/GYN and pregnancy services. The address is 130 W Joe B Hall Ave, Shepherdsville, KY 40165. Call (502) 921-1231.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com