West Alabama assistance programs.
Get help with rent, utility bills, free food, and other financial assistance in the western portion of Alabama. There are many counties supported, including those of Bibb, Fayette, Greene, Hale, and Lamar counties Alabama.
Good Samaritan Clinic - This community clinic can provide free or low cost health care to the low income and patients with no or limited health insurance. Click here for a listing of free clinics and the services they offer. Dial (205) 343-2212
Salvation Army, which can be reached at (205) 758-2804, offers emergency financial assistance to low income and other struggling clients. Applicants need to be found to be qualified for aid, and need to have low to very low incomes. In addition they need to have residency in Bibb, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Lamar, Pickens, and/or Sumter counties in Georgia.
The programs extend across all counties. These services offered include discounted clothing, free food bags and boxes of groceries. Fund funds may also provide for financial assistance with utility, rent or mortgage payments, and also furniture for fire/disaster victims. There there are also free Christmas and holiday programs for residents in Bibb, Greene and other towns. More on Western Alabama Salvation Army centers.
Temporary Emergency Services is a non-profit organization. They can provide people with various assistance programs, including free food, clothing and emergency medicine. While funding is limited, they must also be able to provide help with utilities, diapers, baby food, housing help, and more. (205) 758-5535
Hale County Community Service, phone (205) 624-4455, helps people in need with utility and cooling bill assistance. There may also be food referrals, rental apartments, groceries, home repairs and home counseling and foreclosure prevention
Community Service in Centerville - The non-profit agency provides assistance with paying for gas and electric bills. They also provide help with rent expenses and mortgage payments, with the possibility of loans as well. Centreville Alabama. Dial (205) 926-9384.
Brent Baptist - This church runs a program known as United Christian ministries, which is an organization that meets once a month and they provide financial assistance of up to $200 for people in need. The church also operates a caring center that provides clothes and free food each Thursday. Brent Alabama. (205) 926-7687
Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc. is the community action agency that supports individuals all across the western Alabama region. Just a sampling of the counseling and programs administered include -
- Default and foreclosure prevention - They are a HUD approved foreclosure counseling agency. Learn about state and federal government assistance programs, how to get help from your bank or lender, and other mortgage assistance programs.
- Rental counseling and evictions prevention - Speak to a counselor to get landlord/tenant mediation and learn about rent assistance options. Or inquire about security deposit assistance programs in the region.
- Utility bill help - One or more of the following is administer. The federal government funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Project SHARE, Alabama Business Charitable (ABC) Trust Fund, and the federal Emergency Food & Shelter (EFSP) all can help with energy bills.
- Food vouchers - Various local churches and charities provide food to the needy, and they work with the community action agency.
- The non-profit offers additional social services for the poor and low income in the western portion of Alabama, including Bibb and Greene County. Learn more.
Call the Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc. at (205) 752-5429.
Hero Housing Resource Center - A HUD approved agency that provides HUD certified housing and foreclosure counseling, loss mitigation for foreclosure, eviction prevention, reverse mortgage counseling, pre- and post-occupancy counseling for renters and homeowners, debt reduction and money management and budget planning assistance. Greensboro Alabama. (334) 624-0842
Green County Community Services - This non-profit agency helps low to moderate income residents, the unemployed and working poor in Green county with various needs that include: utility bill assistance, free food, housing counseling, weatherization, and mortgage counseling. Eutaw. (205) 372-4562.
Helping Hands Food Pantry - This non-profit charity agency helps with providing free food and clothes. A person or family can get help 6 times a year and no more than once a month. Vernon. (205) 695-6463