Washoe County transitional housing assistance.

When facing an eviction or homelessness, several transitional housing programs are available in Washoe County. The process will normally involve an individual staying in a very short term shelter then moving into a longer term transitional apartment or home. After regaining self-sufficiency, including decent employment, the person will then get help in moving and maybe paying the rent for a new home or apartment.

Resources are provided by non-profits, charities, and even some government agencies in Washoe County. Hundreds of families are supported every year, however everyone will not qualify. The main objective is to always help the client gain self-sufficiency. Then you can get help in finding a new, safe, and affordable home or apartment to move into. Some of the main agencies to call in Washoe County are below.

The Launching Pad
7400 South Virginia Street
Reno, Nevada, 89511
Phone number is 775-853-5441
Offers housing assistance and a sober living for those with some form of addition.

Committee to Aid Abused Women (CAAW)
The program known as Transitional Housing for Victims of Domestic Violence/Abuse is for both women and their children. The apartments/housing/rooms may be available for as much as 3 years. Also access legal advocacy, job training, and help in finding a permanent home.

Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada - St. Vincent's Residence
Address: 395 Gould Street
Reno, NV, 89502
Main phone - 775-322-2143
Short term residence is offered for low-income individuals, retired persons, seniors, and families. Rent is due, but the units are affordable. It will provide them time to save money and accumulate the necessary funds to move on to more permanent housing.




Nevada Youth Empowerment Project
2030 W 6th Street
Reno, NV, 89503
Call 775-240-2195
Supportive transitional housing and low income program for older youth in the Reno area.

Lighthouse of the Sierra
Reno, Nevada
Main phone - (775) 787-9411

The Salvation Army
1931 Sutro St
Reno, NV
Telephone - (775) 688-4555
There are several centers in the county. This is the contact information for just one of them. Emergency, short term shelter, rent and deposit assistance, and more is available.

Hosanna Home
Main phone – 775-232-5416
Temporary and transitional housing for homeless women and single parents in a Christian setting.

Casa de Vida
1290 Mill Street
Reno, NV, 89502
Call 775-329-1070 for intake.
The non-profit charity will offer housing for up to 6 months, case management, and also other emergency financial literacy and educational classes.

WestCare Foundation
Main address is 315 Record St. #103
Reno, Nevada, 89512
This is the Washoe County and city of Reno’s Homefront VA Transitional Housing program. It supports male veterans and offers life skills, case management and more.





Step 1, Inc.
1015 N. Sierra St.
Reno, Nevada, 89503
Main phone - 775-329-9830

Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada, Inc. (ITCN), Domestic Violence Prevention
Main address is 680 Greenbrae, Suite 280
Sparks, Nevada, 89431
Main phone - 775-355-0600
The non-profit offers emergency shelter, transportation, meals and food to victims of domestic, both women and children.

Committee to Aid Abused Women (CAAW)
Operates and Emergency Shelter for Domestic Abuse Victims.

Safe Embrace
1570 Linda Way
Sparks, Nevada, 89431
Short term housing and shelter is available. Case managers work with residents as well.

Veteran Health Administration
Address is 350 Capitol Hill
Reno, Nevada, 89502
Assistance is offered for Washoe County residents who are facing eviction, that are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Housing, food, job search assistance and other aid is provided.

The Whitaker House
643 University Terrace
Reno, Nevada, 89503
Offers low cost rooms to rent.

Reno Housing Authority
1400 Silverada Blvd
Reno, Nevada
Dial (775) 331-5138
Among resources offered include section 8 vouchers, information, referrals, and government low income housing units.

Hosanna Home Women's Transitional Shelter
Sparks, Nevada 89435

St. Vincent's Transitional Center
Reno, NV
Telephone - (775) 322-7073

Washoe County Domestic Violence Task Force
P.O. Box 1900
Reno, NV, 89505
Call 775-356-6369
Assists any women in the county with housing needs and other social services.




Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission
The main office is located in Reno, NV, 89512
Offers emergency lodging for men, women and children as well as shelter. More mid term transitional and rental housing is available too. Referrals to other community outreaches and services are also provided if needed.

Tahoe SAFE Alliance
948 Incline Way
Incline Village, Nevada, 89451
Main phone number is 800-736-1060
Offers housing in Mt. Rose Safe House and can also arrange emergency shelter to additional individuals in area motels and hotels.

Northern Nevada Community Housing Resource Board - Cottonwood Village Apartments
2655 Yori Avenue
Reno, Nevada, 89502
Call the center at 775-825-4999


By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy