latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Reno and Washoe County rent assistance.

Learn how to get rent help in Washoe County as well as Reno Nevada. Various non-profits, churches, and government programs can help those individuals as well as families who need rental, security deposit or any form of housing assistance.

Many of the programs are targeted at people who are faced with eviction or homelessness. However even if you do not qualify for emergency security deposit or rental help in the Reno Nevada area, you still may be able to get referrals or information to other programs or solutions that may be able to provide you assistance.

It is important to note that funding and the amount of cash that can be paid out is limited and there could be a waiting list. However, call or stop by one of the non-profits below to learn about Homeless Prevention Programs, Section 8 housing Vouchers, and eviction help. Find how and where to get help with paying security deposits, utilities and back rent in the Reno Nevada area.

Nevada AIDS Foundation – Local residents who have a medical diagnosis for HIV/AIDs can receive rent assistance as well as other support, such as referrals, information, and assistance with housing expenses and debts. 348-9888

Catholic Community Services of Northern Nevada CCSNN – Emergency Assistance Program can offer short-term family housing and/or limited rental assistance for the low income. Address of the office is 500 E. 4th St, Reno, Nevada dial 322-7073.

Reno Community Resources Division (call (775) 3342305) can provide money for deposits and rent from the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program.

Family Promise of Reno/Sparks – A faith based organization/church that offers programs, including rent assistance. The non-profit also has comprehensive housing assistance and case management for homeless families and people on the verge of eviction. Reno, Nevada 89515, call 284-5566

Reno Housing Authority – Offers and can administer both public housing as well as Nevada section 8 housing vouchers. There are rent subsidized homes and apartments for the low income, poor, senior citizens, and disabled in the county. The address is 1400 Silverada Blvd., Reno, phone 331-5138. Or read more on section 8 in Nevada.




The Salvation Army – A great place to call for information and referrals to emergency rental assistance, housing programs, advice for landlord tenant issues, shelters, and much more. One time rent assistance, including grants, is for those in a short term housing crisis. Address is 1931 Sutro St., Reno, Nevada, phone 688-4555. Or find more details on Reno Salvation Army programs.

CCSNN – Emergency Assistance Program – May be able to offer rental assistance, short-term family housing , furniture, baby items, general financial assistance, and referral to other agencies and charities in the Reno Nevada area. 500 E. 4th St., Reno, 322-7073

Tahoe Women Services is ONLY for women who are facing, fleeing, or are domestic victim survivors. There is everything from rent help to legal aid, shelter, and transitional housing. The goal is to keep women (and their kids) safe and give legal aid, support, financial aid for rent or utilities, and other assistance. Females, no matter their income, can dial (530) 582-9117.

St. Vincent de Paul is a volunteer, faith based charity. Financial aid, housing, emergency rent assistance or eviction prevention is offered for the poor, low income, immigrants, and needs. The goal is to fight, and ideally stop, homelessness in Washoe County. Call (775) 322-9824.

City of Reno runs the TBRA Deposit Assistance Program. Among other housing expenses, this may have grants for paying utility or security deposits on a new, low income apartment in Washoe County. It is for the formerly homeless. Note, there is not any funding for back rent, only deposits are paid to qualified families. Address is 1 East First Street, or call 775-334-4636.





Legal Services operates in Washoe County. There is free assistance in housing matters, ranging from help with eviction cases to helping tenant in mobile home parks too. Lawyers also assist with unsafe housing and disputes over not returning security deposits. Call 775-753-5880. they are based at 948 Incline Way, Incline Village, NV 89451.

Community Service Agency (CSA) – Offers housing programs such as weatherization, Homebuyers Program, and several other resource/housing programs. 1090 E. 8th St., Reno, 786-6023

Restart, Inc. – A private not for profit that offers many services targeted to low income families and individuals who are at risk and/or homeless in Washoe County and Reno Nevada. Although services are targeted to primarily the Washoe County residents, they can refer applicants to other solutions as well, including no interest loans for back rent. 324-2622.

EGS grants, free legal aid, housing court as well as rent help, and other services are part of eviction and homeless prevention programs. Non-profits, charities, and HUD all offer funds to help Reno and county area families pay their rent, move or find an affordable home. More on relocation and homeless assistance in Washoe County.

City of Reno - Housing Authority – Call them for information and referrals, and the government sponsored agency can also provide housing assistance, subsidies, and grants for rent and housing expenses, such as electric bills. The financial aid is for privately-owned apartments, houses and mobile homes. Main office is located at 1525 E. 9th St., Reno, Nevada 89512, phone number 775-331-5138.

Volunteers of America Northern Nevada
Address is 335 Record Street
Reno, NV 89512
Phone - 775-322-9574
Emergency shelter is offered. Families with children, including single moms and dads, can get short term housing. Referrals may be given for rent or deposit funds, senior programs, and more.

Washoe County Nevada Family Resource Centers

There are several locations around the county that can provide the low income or people facing an emergency with free advice, referrals, and consultations. Learn about rent and shelter programs, low income housing, short term loans, and emergency rental and security deposit assistance when funds are available.

  • Northeast Family R.C., 2750 Elementary Dr., phone 353-5563. This office services Northeast Reno
  • Rose McGuire R.C., 1160 Carlyle Dr., Reno, Nevada dial 677-5437. Serving North Valleys area of Nevada
  • Sparks Family Resource Center. 912 12th St., dial 353-5733, Serving Sparks
  • Sun Valley R.C., 115 W. 6th Ave., phone number 674-4411





Other assistance and support is given by the Family Resources Center. Whether low cost elderly housing, government grants or back rent or electric bills, legal eviction defense help, or something else, all offices can assist. More on rental assistance from Washoe County Family Resource Centers.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site