latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Assistance programs in Wagoner County

Rent, utility, and financial assistance

If you need help paying your rent in Wagoner County, Coweta (CARD Inc.) may be able to provide rent assistance to eligible Wagoner county Oklahoma residents who have an eviction notice or who are facing imminent homelessness. The center can also provide free food to the low income in the community. Call (918) 486-2471.

An organization that can provide utility bill help is Wagoner Area Neighbors. Phone number (918) 485-2309. The non-profit provides utility-bill assistance and funds for paying energy bill for residents of Wagoner County Oklahoma. The applicant must have a disconnection notice. Read more on utility disconnection laws and your rights.

Wagoner Community Outreach offers individuals in the community several programs. They include free legal aid for civil matters, food and groceries, information on rent and utility assistance programs, and extensive counseling on federal government and state of Oklahoma government assistance programs. Call the center at (918) 485-6830.

Community Action Resource and Development, Inc. is the local community action agency. The programs they run include.

  • Weatherization Program - This government funded program provides assistance for families who are unable to pay high utility bills. The weatherization program accomplishes this by ensuring that low income applicants homes have improved energy efficiency and conservation measures after the weatherization is completed to their home. Clients of the program save an estimated 25% on their monthly heating and energy bills.
  • Rent and utility assistance - Limited funding may be available for emergency rent and utility bill assistance.
  • Prescription and medications - The community action agency can direct people to programs that can provide them with free or low cost prescription medications. Click here for more on low cost or free medications.




  • Food pantry - Receive free food, groceries, and other aid.
  • Gasoline vouchers - If you need gas for a job interview or medical appointment they may be able to coordinate gasoline vouchers for you.
  • Head Start is also run by the community action agency. Receive medical and dental care, food, and other programs for children.

Call the Community Action Resource and Development, Inc. at (918) 341-5000.

Food pantries and soup kitchens in Wagoner County can help feed the working poor and struggling. When facing a crisis, provided that resources are available and qualifications are met, the pantries may have emergency food. Other basic needs, such as clothing, holiday meals, and even school supplies are often provided from the charities. Click more Rogers County food pantries.

Government energy assistance

Oklahoma DHS - This state controlled agency runs the federal government funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The program is basically a summer cooling, winter heating, energy bill crisis, and/or weatherization program. They also provide other energy-related home repair assistance to eligible low to moderate income households throughout each year during specific application periods.

The LIHEAP program does not provide free fans in the summer cooling, however that being said the program may be able to provide air conditioner or repairs to existing small air conditioner equipment. All application periods are dependent on available funding from this government program. See list below for details on LIHEAP.

  • Summer cooling bill assistance applications and funding for aid is usually taken for 2 weeks starting between (approximately) July 15 and August 1 of each year.
  • Heating bill assistance and money for winter bills are usually taken for 2 weeks beginning the first Monday in December of each year.
  • Energy crisis assistance applications, which is for people facing a disconnection of their service, are usually taken for 2 weeks starting the first Monday on or following March 15.

Call Wagoner DHS at (800) 734-7518





Wagoner Community Outreach has food distribution on the 4th Thursday of each month for the residents of Wagoner, OK. Clients will need to provide proof of residency and a photo ID. Call (918) 485-6830.

Debt help and credit counselors

Oklahoma Credit Counselors can work with clients to help them reduce debts, improve credit scores, and even offer foreclosure counseling and prevention. Learn more on how to get mortgage and foreclosure help in Oklahoma, or dial (800) 737-2933.

Free health care in Wagoner County

There are regional and statewide clinics in Wagoner County Oklahoma. They offer numerous services, including free eye care and prescriptions (learn more on free eyeglasses), optical and dental services, and other health care to those who qualify for aid. There is free dental or medical for children and adults too. Strict income guidelines apply to potential patients of the community clinic. Find free Oklahoma community clinics.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site