Assistance programs Union County Pennsylvania.
Get financial help, free stuff, and government assistance in Union County PA. Charities, churches and the government provide grant money to help with rent or electric bills, free food, clothes and other support to low income families. The goal is to provide basic needs to parents and families among others. Find financial assistance near you in Lewisburg and Union County.
Grants to help pay bills in Union County and job programs
The community action agency known as Union-Snyder Office of Human Resources administrates assistance for the working poor, seniors and low income. Services that are available can help pay rent, provide free food boxes or meals, health care, and other support as well as financial aid.
- Housing programs operate for those residents, including homeless adults, that are currently living in a temporary residence, shelter, or that have an eviction notice. The community action agency, working with other non-profits and charities, may be able to assist those that qualify. The goal is on homeless prevention in Union County.
- Families in need of emergency rental assistance may be eligible for help with paying your security deposit, moving costs or back rent. Community action provides free money to pay for housing costs. Or look here for details on where to get rental assistance in PA.
- Referrals to utility help and transitional housing is available. Call for more details regarding eligibility requirements for housing, including free motel or hotel vouchers in Union County. In many cases the community action agency will provide a referral to another local rental program or organization if the household does not meet eligibility criteria set by Union-Snyder community action office.
- Energy bill assistance is an option. This can include cash grants and financial to households, including senior citizens, that need help paying some type of utility bill, including gas, natural gas, and heating. Or if you are out of fuel you may be able to qualify.
- The agency also can offer people PPL's and UGI Penn Natural Gas Customer Assistance Programs. This provides a reduced rate to customers based on their family size, income, amount of usage and other factors. Some arrerage components are administered too for past due balances. Read utility bill assistance in Pennsylvania.
- Work Ready can offer outreach and other services. It focuses on TANF individuals in the Lewisburg PA Pennsylvania are who should be engaged in job training and employment activities. The agency will also help facilitate their reporting to their local County Assistance Office for a decision on their status. A case manager will perform a home visit and provide more information on Work Ready. Additional community resources and supportive services are offered to assist with overcoming barriers. Find TANF applications near you.
- Transportation assistance known as STEP/Self-sufficiency helps low income job seekers, single parents and the unemployed. There is the Union County PA Transportation Employment Program is available in Union County. Some of the transportation assistance includes help with the purchase of a car, access to USTA, driving lessons, assistance with car repairs, and the possibility for car insurance costs.
- Get a free vehicle or car for work. Staff from the community action agency work with the client to set and complete goals that help remove your immediate transportation problems. A focus is on helping people keep a job and get to critical appointments. More on free car programs.
- The Supportive or Transitional Housing Program is for currently homeless individuals and families. If you are selected, the Union-Snyder Community Action Agency will help pay security deposits and up to three months of rent. Then the tenant will need to pay and contribute to their rent as well. Through this process case management, individualized life skills classes, employment assistance and counseling and other resources are made available.
- Apply for section 8 housing and also the Family Self-Sufficiency Program in the Lewisburg PA area. They are run in partnership with the local Housing Authority. While someone is in this program, they will, among other things, earn an escrow account to help them save money.
- Head Start is available for both Union County and nearby regions. It is government funded as a free early childhood development and family support program for children from low income families. The program is a fully comprehensive preschool readiness program designed to meet the emotional, social, health, nutritional, and physical needs. It can provide dental care, education, early intervention, medical assistance, mental health, and food/nutrition. It also addresses parent involvement and provides them with social services.
Call Union-Snyder Office of Human Resources, 713 Bridge Street in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania 17870. The main number is (570) 374-0181 or (570) 374-8938. They also administer several other services for the poor and low income. Click here for Union-Sydner community action programs.
Union County Housing Authority address is 1610 Industrial Blvd, Lewisburg, PA 17837. Phone: (570) 522-1300. They help arrange rent assistance, including section 8 and low-cost apartments, as well as job training and placement in Union County. The goal is a place to live and employment for long term stability.
Medical clinics and free health care Union County PA
A Community Clinic serves people in the region. It is based in Sunbury Pennsylvania and the center provides help to low income and uninsured individuals and families. The clinic will assist them with medical assistance and getting the care they need. Services include appointments, prescriptions, help with testing and specialty care. Call (570) 988-1270. The location is 344 Market St, Sunbury, PA 17801.
Susquehanna River Valley Dental Health Clinic - Provides affordable care to patients, families and individuals in need. Patients with insurance such as Access Dental are accepted as well. For those individuals without dental insurance, services are provided on a sliding scale based on their total household income. 335 Market St., Sunbury, PA, call (570) 286-7500.
Food banks and pantries in Synder and Union County
First Baptist Church is located at Corner of Third and St. Louis Streets, Lewisburg, PA 17837, call 570-374-0181. Gert free groceries, holiday meals, hygiene supplies and other stuff for low income Union County families at 713 Bridge St Suite #10, Selinsgrove, PA 17870.
Mifflinburg Food Pantry, 279 Market Street, Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania 17844.
St. Paul's UCC Church is located at Corner of Market and Mill Streets, Selinsgrove, PA 17870. Call 1-877-497-1257 for hours. The center may have free groceries, canned goods, Christmas and Thanksgiving meals, and surplus government commodities.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com