latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs St. Croix County.

Charities, churches and government agencies provide funds to help pay rent, utility bills, transportation costs and offer other emergency financial help in St. Croix County. There is also free food, health or dental care, school supplies or other stuff for low income families. Find financial assistance near you in St. Croix County.

The agencies can also provide information on state of Wisconsin and federal government programs such as LIHEAP (WHEAP) or weatherization. That is often combined with free debt relief, child care assistance, or even seasonal support such as free Christmas toys or holiday meals. The goal is to offer emergency help in the Hudson WI area as well as long term social services.

Financial help with bills, housing, rent and referrals

Assistance & Resource Center provides help to people in River Falls Wisconsin. Some of the social services and financial assistance programs offered to qualified individuals include the following. There are details on hardship grants to help pay Utilities and Heating Bills. Or get emergency money for paying rent. There may also be free Auto Repairs, groceries, Gas Bill Assistance, and loans to help with Security deposits. Dial 715-338-0755.

Neighbors' Place may be able to help people facing eviction and the homeless. A focus is on low-income families, single mothers or fathers and the elderly. They can also direct people to other local non-profits and government programs. Dial 715-426-9000. They want to ensure people become self-sufficient. The address is 122 W Johnson St, River Falls, WI 54022.

The St. Croix County Salvation Army is on of the leading agencies to contact. Dial 715-247-2944 or (715) 246-1222. They offer a multitude of resources, free or low cost items and assistance programs.

  • Housing - Access homeless shelters. There is also immediate rent help and tenants can get free counseling if they are struggling to pay housing costs. Get help to avoid eviction. Or homeless shelters or free motel vouchers.




  • Job development - It may be possible to use their services to find a job. Free clothes for work, gas vouchers, car repairs for an interview and more.
  • Children services - A lunch program and food. There are also Salvation Army summer camps and information on child care help in WI.
  • A free Food Pantry - The Salvation Army helps feed elderly, seniors and the unemployed in St. Croix County. Receive food, groceries, Christmas or Thanksgiving meals and commodities.
  • Seasonal support - They offer free Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas toys or gifts from Angel Tree or Adopt a Family, and even stocking stuffers.

Additional services are available from the Salvation Army, including housing support from resources such as Grace Place. Find more details on Salvation Army assistance programs in St. Croix.

Operation Help is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization that provides short-term financial aid to those in a crises situation. The main goal of the agency is on homeless prevention.  Their financial assistance programs focus on rent, utilities and car repairs to help keep people in their homes or apartments.

  • Staff from the organization also connect people with other agencies and social services. Low income families in St. Croix County will get free groceries from local food shelves, social service agencies, government agencies and specialized referrals.  Other programs available in St. Croix County include (1)  a "Christmas for Kids" program that provides free children's gifts, food, and household items for families in the Hudson, WI school district; and (2) a "Warm in Winter" program that provides jackets, hats, mittens and boots for children as well as adults.





The non-profit is funded through donations from United Way, local businesses, churches, foundations, individuals and events. Operation Help has provided hundreds of thousands of dollars of financial assistance in the past years. Call (715) 386-0881. The charity is based at 901 4th St #214, Hudson, WI 54016.

St Croix County Economic Support signs people up for government benefits. Get free government money from Wisconsin Works or SNAP Foodshare. Other programs include government health insurance from Medicaid, grants, SSI and more. The office is at 1752 Dorset Ln, New Richmond, WI 54017. Phone: (715) 246-8257. Or more on ACCESS Wisconsin benefits.

Free Clinic of Pierce and St. Croix Counties helps with medical needs. There is free general health care and dental work. Get medications, free dentures, eye exams, primary care for the uninsured or low income and more from 1687 E Division St, River Falls, WI 54022. Call (715) 307-3948 for details.Financial help St. Croix County

St. Croix County community action free grant programs

West Central Wisconsin CAA, Inc. (West CAP) - The local community action agency runs these services, among others. Both free government grant money as well as employment, job placement and other resources are arranged.

  • Housing programs - Families in Transition Program - This includes Homelessness prevention, Foreclosure as well as eviction prevention. Or get referrals to Counseling, Shelters, or applications to Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers.
  • HomeWorks - Asset Management and Weatherization as well as free home repairs. The goal is on energy conservation, and learn more on weatherization.
  • Foreclosure and mortgage programs - Homeowners will get information on mortgage relief. Receive free counseling and advice on Wisconsin foreclosure programs.
  • JumpStart Program - This transportation assistance program from West CAP offers facilitated automobile purchase help for the low income. They need to be government public assistance households. This is also part of Ideal Auto, which helps people find a new, high quality car. Trucks or sedans may be offered. Even find other free car distribution centers.
  • West CAP Food Access and Resources - The case workers also offers. Pantries in St. Croix are usually able to provide the needy with a 3-5 day supply of food, which may include dairy products, fresh vegetables, and meat. Each recipient of the food program is generally eligible to receive emergency food or other assistance from a pantry up to once a month based on need.
  • Employment from West CAP is an option. Job training and skills enhancement can help people find a job, or increase their income. Career and IT training, manufacturing, trade jobs, and other resources are offered.

Those are not the only programs administered by the non-profit. Call the West Central Wisconsin CAA, Inc. (West CAP) at (715) 265-4271. Or click here West Central Wisconsin community action.







Free food assistance programs

River Falls Community Food Pantry is a charity organization and partnership of local churches. Together the agencies provide low income and working poor with free groceries, food and personal stuff. Hot meals may be served too. Call (715) 425-6880, or the address is 705 St Croix St, River Falls, WI 54022.

SNAP friendly Farmers Markets in the area also allow people to pay using an EBT card. This will allow families in St. Croix County that are on Foodshare, food stamps or government benefits to get fresh produce and healthy stuff to eat. More on farmers market that accept EBT near you.

Five Loaves Food Shelf provides free groceries, produce and other items in St. Croix County WI. The pantry is at 144 W 3rd St, New Richmond, WI 54017. Phone: (715) 246-5255

Or, residents of the county can call upon the Salvation Army or CAA community action agency, which are referenced above. They have details on local pantries and government programs. Or learn about Salvation Army soup kitchens near you.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site