latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Will County and Joliet rent assistance.

Find how to get rent assistance in Will County and Joliet Illinois. Services available to qualified applicants include low income housing, emergency financial assistance to pay rent to prevent an eviction, and referrals to non-profits, charities, and other government programs.

A comprehensive listing of Will County Illinois rent programs, agencies, and government programs are listed below. Call each agency to apply for help, or to get details on the services and resources they can provide low income residents. Get information on all services including the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program, Section 8 vouchers, and General Assistance, all of which can be used to help pay rent and housing expenses.

United Way of Will County - This agency funds many local non-profit organizations, charities, and churches across Will County. Any funds and programs are then managed by those funded agencies. The goal is to help people get resources and services they need to make it through difficult times. Call the agency at 815-723-2500. Note that some non-profits in the county may issues loans for expenses, such as rent or other housing costs. Address is 54 N. Ottawa Street Suite 300, Joliet, IL 60432

Will Community Development Division of Land Use, phone number (815) 774-7894, offers the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program, which can offer funds to pay rent in a crisis.

Will County Center for Community Concerns - Runs an energy bill program, low income housing, and other referrals. This is the local community action agency, and they can offer referrals to grant programs for rent that are part of the Continuum of Care.
Location - 304 N. Scott Street, Joliet, IL 60432
Dial (815) 722-0722 for information. Or find details on Will County Center for Community Concern.

Veterans Assistance Commission of Will County - Rent help may be available for Military Veterans and their families. Also call them for housing Advocacy, Assistance, and other Financial Services for paying bills, debts, and more.
Address of center - 128 N. Scott St., Joliet, Illinois 60432
Telephone - (815) 740-8389




Catholic Charities - Free food, emergency rental assistance to prevent evictions, and other financial and non-financial aid is offered. They also run the DAYBREAK Center, which offers housing for lower income Single Women with Children. The Daybreak Shelter, which provides shelter for the homeless as well as emergency financial assistance with basic needs such as food, clothing and rent or mortgage assistance is another option. Daybreak's Transitional Housing Program also provides housing for single mothers and their children while they work towards permanent housing and employment
Main office - 611 E. Cass Street, Joliet, IL 60432
Telephone - (815) 774-4663

Prairie State Legal Services - Offers free legal assistance for low-income persons and the elderly. Qualified clients can get advice and support in an effort to help prevent evictions or deal with landlord-tenant issues. The main office is at 5 West Jefferson Street, Lower Level, Joliet, Illinois 60432, Dial - (815) 727-5123. Or find other information on free legal assistance in Illinois.

Martha's Youth Service Center
409 W. Jefferson Street, Joliet, Illinois 60432
Telephone number (815) 768-8750
Services offered by this agency include crisis intervention and general support. They may be able to arrange housing assistance and shelter for those who qualify. Referrals, case management, and other services are available.

Lamb's Fold Center only offers assistance for women and children, as well as single moms. There may be grants to pay for rent to prevent an eviction, rehousing, shelter and more. Those staying in the transitional housing apartments may receive help with for paying a security deposit when moving out. (815) 723-5262

Will County Legal Assistance offers free civil legal aid. This can be to prevent evictions, landlord and tenant mediation, and information on Illinois law when it comes to security deposit returns. The Joliet Illinois pro-bono law firm is at (815) 727-5123.





Continuum of Care - Homeless Services is run by non-profit community action. Help with locating low income apartments, loans to pay for a portion of rent, referrals and case management is offered for housing needs. (815) 722-0722

Will County General Assistance

Each town throughout the county offers the low income, working poor, and those in poverty this resource. The Will County general assistance program is monthly cash assistance that can be paid out to help meet basic maintenance needs and other expenses, and support and funds are paid out by your local Township Office. The exact type of services and application processes vary from office to office, however funds for paying rent and housing expenses may be included. They rely heavily on government grants to pay for these resources. Please call you local town below.

  • Channahon - (815) 467-2569
  • Crete - (708) 672-8279
  • Custer - (815) 458-2252
  • DuPage - (630) 759-1317
  • Florence - (815) 478-3150
  • Frankfort - (815) 469-4907
  • Green Garden - (815) 277-9884
  • Homer - (708) 301-0522
  • Jackson - (815) 423-5771
  • Joliet - (815) 726-4781
  • Lockport - (815) 838-0380
  • Manhattan - (815) 478-3123
  • Monee - (708) 534-6020
  • New Lenox - (815) 485-6431
  • Peotone - (708) 258-9192
  • Plainfield - (815) 436-8308
  • Reed - (815) 458-6068
  • Troy - (815) 744-1968
  • Washington - (708) 946-2026
  • Wesley - (815) 476-7869
  • Wheatland - (630) 851-3952
  • Will - (708) 258-0980
  • Wilmington - (815) 476-9272
  • Wilton - (815) 478-4488

Will County Housing Authority information

This is another government run program. It can offer section 8 housing in Illinois, as well as local public housing and rent assistance. The non-profits that run the programs include:

  • Housing Authority of Joliet -
    Address - 6 S. Broadway Street, Joliet, Illinois 60436
    Phone number - (815) 727-0611
  • Housing Authority of Park Forest
    The office is at 350 Victory Drive, Park Forest, Illinois 60466
    Telephone - (708) 748-1112





Transitional housing

This agency offer short term transitional housing.

  • Agape Missions - Services are targeted at HIV/AIDS population; Single Men/Women and Families
    Address - 840 Plainfield Rd., Joliet, Illinois 60435
    Telephone - (815) 723-1548
  • Lamb's Fold Center for Women and Children
    Address - 153 S. Ottawa Street, Joliet, IL 60436
    Call (815) 723-5262 for information on housing, shelter, and rent services.
  • MorningStar Mission - Assistance is offered for both families as well as Single Men and Women.
    Location - 350 E. Washington Street, Joliet, Illinois 60433
    Dial (815) 722-5780


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site