latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rent assistance in Little Rock and Pulaski County.

Find low income housing, homeless shelters, or rental assistance in Little Rock and Pulaski County Arkansas. A number of charities, government agencies, churches, and other groups can help low-income tenants, single moms, seniors and the disabled with housing needs. Get emergency rent assistance, security deposit help, section 8 HUD vouchers, free legal aid to stop evictions and other support.

Financial assistance, rental loans, and information on resources is offered by the locations below. There is often priority for rent help given to people with an income as well as an eviction notice. Residents that are homeless or just need to move into a new apartment or home, then look for low income housing, hotel vouchers, or funds for security deposits, grants and financial aid first month’s rent.

The number of programs available for qualified Little Rock area Arkansas area low income families as well as the elderly is extensive, and get details on them below. Or find housing for senior citizens based on income.

Central Arkansas Development Council - The main phone number is (501) 778-113, but offices are located below. Offers emergency funds for bills, which may include housing, and they are a great place for information. Get information on government grant money for rent to stop homelessness, ESG grants, job placement, motel vouchers and other support.

  • Jacksonville CADC (501)457-5621, 2 Crestview Plaza, Jacksonville, Arkansas 72076
  • Little Rock CADC (501)603-0909, 5401 South University Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72209
  • North Little Rock CADC(501) 771-0745, 3901 McCain Park Road, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72116

Helping Hand of Greater Little Rock has limited cash aid for housing and other needs. Primary location - 1601 Marshal Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72206. Call (501) 372-4388. If funds are available, may have very limited cash assistance or grants for paying housing and rent expenses. More on housing assistance from Helping Hand.




Arkansas Human Development Corporation is a Pulaski County organization. Administrative phone number - (870) 382-2050 or (501) 374-1103. One of the leading non-profit organizations in the Little Rock area. They can help individuals with everything ranging from first time home buying programs, help for rent, foreclosure assistance, up through reverse mortgages for seniors. The office is at 130 W Waterman St, Dumas, AR 71639.

Metropolitan Housing Alliance - Little Rock Housing Authority is at 100 Arch Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201. Phone - (501) 340-4821. Learn about government housing assistance, including section 8 vouchers and rent subsidized units. There are also senior citizen and other low income programs. Case workers can help people apply for emergency rent help and eviction prevention. Other resources include LIHEAP, food stamps, WIC, and referrals.

They administer the federal government Housing Choice Voucher Program, including emergency section 8 vouchers for seniors and the disabled. This resource is one of the federal government's major housing and rental programs for helping very low income families and seniors obtain decent, safe, and sanitary housing. It limits the amount of money that people need to pay towards their rent. Continue with HUD section 8 vouchers in Arkansas. Call (501) 340-4821.

Saint Francis House - The Benefit Bank Of Arkansas is on site. Provides a referral helpline for low income, unemployed, and seniors. They also run the Homeless Shelter For Veterans, which is administered thru the VA Drop In House .Clients can get information on loan products, subsidized rental units, and other financial aid. Location is 2701 South Elm Street, Little Rock, AR 72204. Phone (501) 664-5036

Mission Global Ministries helps ex-offenders and people on parole. Address - 3719 East Broadway, North Little Rock, AR 72114, Phone (501) 945-2645. Men’s homeless shelter for people on parole. Once stable, get information on job programs, rental assistance and more.

Nehemiah House, A Division of Union Rescue Mission is a Men’s homeless shelter. Offer housing, a work program, and case management. They also give referrals to moving or first months rent help, food, and other support. Address is 3000 Confederate Blvd, Little Rock, Arkansas 72216. Call (501) 374-1108 / 607-3837





Our House is located at 302 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, Arkansas 72206. They operate a homeless prevention program known as Central Arkansas Family Stability Institute or CAFSI. There is case management, permanent housing placement, information on benefits including assistance for renters or those close to eviction. Other budgeting and housing resources are offered too. Call (501) 374-7383.

Homeless prevention and Rapid Rehousing programs are available. Agencies including Our House and the United Way (among others) work together to provide shelter, rental assistance, money for job placement services and other housing help. More on Pulaski County homeless prevention assistance.

Salvation Army has multiple sites in Pulaski County. Different programs are run for housing and emergency rent, eviction prevention, and more for the Pulaski County Arkansas region. Access a food pantry, LIHEAP, and clothing closet, among other services. There are also free motel or hotel vouchers as well as transitional housing.

  • 1111 West Markham Little Rock, AR 72201. Call (501) 374-9296
  • Salvation Army North Little Rock is at 5100 North Locust, North Little Rock, AR 72116. Call  (501) 313-2405

VA Drop-in Center - Center address - 1000 S Main St, Little Rock, AR 72202. Call (501) 257-4499. This location provides access for veterans to VA programs including the Saint Francis House and federal government programs. Offers low income housing shelter, and other aid. For example, offered on site are educational programs, clothing, food, meals and classes available, domestic violence recovery.

Pulaski County Office of Community Services helps the poor, vulnerable and single parents or mothers among others. Apply for rent assistance, deposits, hotel and motel vouchers, and other aid from the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. Location is 201 Broadway St, Little Rock, AR 72201. Dial (501) 340-6157

Catholic Charities of Arkansas assists tenants, immigrants, and the poor in Pulaski County. Whether free furniture, or one time rental assistance or mortgage help, funds are offered. The goal is on homeless prevention, locating affordable apartments, and support the vulnerable, including single moms, disabled, and seniors. Location is 2500 N Tyler St, Little Rock, AR 72207. Phone: (501) 664-0340

Little Rock Department of Housing and Urban Development gives referrals. Has information on government housing programs, such as section 8. They also offer home loan repair services, rehab programs, and advocate for fair and equal housing. Office is at 500 W Markham St Little Rock, AR 72201. Call  (501) 371-6825.

Center For Arkansas Legal Services - Little Rock and Pulaski County is at 1300 West 6th Street
Little Rock, AR 72201, Call (800) 950-5817. Low income families, including the homeless, may qualify for free legal aid. Lawyers can help with eviction matters, resolve security deposit disputes, and address unsafe or unfair housing, such as low income apartments. Landlord and tenant mediation may be offered.

Society of St. Vincent De Paul District Council is a charity that may be able to direct families to emergency grant programs, or in some cases loans. The funds can be used for paying rent and other housing expenses, such as a move in or security deposit. the SVDP parish is at 6150 Remount Rd, North Little Rock, AR 72118. Call 501.753.3977.





Center For Women In Transition may have emergency financial assistance programs (including for rent or utilities) that focus on women and families with children in the Pulaski County community. Address is 1114 Garland Street, Little Rock, AR 72201. Dial (501) 372-5522.

Helping People With AIDS (HPWA) helps patients with AIDs or HIV, as well as their immediate family members, may qualify for a number a number of resources. They range from short term housing, to prescription medicine vouchers and eviction prevention advice and services. The non-profit is at 1021 Jessie Road, Little Rock, Arkansas 72214. Phone: (501) 666-6900.

Candlelighters Of Central Arkansas - Heart of Arkansas United Way gives free information. The location is 516 West Pershing Boulevard, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114.  Cash grant, emergency loans or other one time, immediate rental assistance is offered along with referrals. Learn about low income and transitional housing, security deposits and other programs for tenants in Pulaski County. Dial (501) 376-4567.

Low income housing units, homeless shelters and transitional units

The following locations offer low income housing units for income qualified residents in Pulaski County Arkansas. They can include section 8 housing vouchers, motel vouchers, homeless shelters, referrals to future first month rent resources and more.

ABBA House - Missionaries of Charity is mostly a shelter with other social services. The Address is 1012 South Oak, Little Rock, Arkansas 72204. Dial (501) 666-9718. This is a shelter for homeless and/or pregnant women. The location is managed by the Missionaries of Charity.

The Center Youth Emergency Shelter - 6425 West 12th Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72204. Telephone - (501) 666-8686. Runs a homeless shelter for youth.

Firm Foundation Ministries is a homeless shelter for men. They can also provide individuals with job placement and day labor. Location is 2200 East Broadway, North Little Rock, AR 72114. Phone number - (501) 945-7412

Freewill Baptist Family Ministries is at 3600 West 11th Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72204. Phone - (501) 663-3129. An on-site emergency shelter for DHS involved children ages 6 to 17.

Gaines House is at 1702 Gaines Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72206. Call (501) 376-4015. Offers transitional home and housing for women with disabilities.







Hicks Mattie Sober Living Home for Women helps with substance abuse. Shelter location - 2020 South Main Street, Little Rock, AR. Call (501) 374-0015

Little Rock Compassion Center is a Men’s shelter at 3618 West Roosevelt Road, Little Rock, Arkansas 72204. Dial (501) 296-9114

Little Rock Compassion Center (Women’s) is at 4210 Asher Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72204, dial (501) 663-2972. Shelter for women and their children, provides information on public assistance, and other support.

  • Cumberland Towers, 311 East 8th Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, (501) 340-4724
  • Fred W. Paris Towers, 1800 South Broadway, Little Rock, AR 72206, call (501) 340-4752
  • Jesse Powell Towers, 1010 Wolfe Street, Little Rock, AR 72206, phone (501) 340-4766
  • Sunset Terrace, 2800 Battery Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72206, call (501) 340-4730


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site