latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rent help in Johnson County Kansas.

Individuals who need help with paying their rent in Johnson County Kansas can get assistance from several different local resources. Some are located in Olathe and the surrounding Johnson County region; however other organizations may be based in the greater Kansas City region.

The leading agencies to call are listed below. They will each have their own application process and funding is always limited. So while they all try to help as many people as possible pay their rent and avoid eviction, unfortunately not everyone will qualify and only a small fraction of people may receive the help they need.

Financial aid is usually focused on Johnson County families with children, the seniors, and disabled. These individuals are usually considered most at risk if they were to lose their housing. Additional support may be provided for people who are in the process of being evicted or who are currently homeless. Typically a social worker can help these individuals find shelter, access short term transitional housing, and ideally help find more permanent, longer term housing or apartments.

American Red Cross is based out of Kansas City, and can be reached at 816-931-8400. This agency will focus on people who are faced with a disaster, such as a fire, earthquake, tornado, or some other emergency.

Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas has multiple offices around Johnson County Kansas. They are located at 9806 W. 87th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212 as well as 333 E. Poplar St, Olathe, KS 66061 (telephone 782-4077). Services provided include limited rent assistance and other support like medications too.

The emergency Assistance Program can offer financial help with rent payments or security deposits to those low income families that qualify. Any help is offered on a limited basis when funds are available. If you would like more information or to apply, call them at 384-6608.

Center of Grace can help with a number of needs, including housing and eviction prevention. 520 S. Harrison St. Olathe, Kansas 66061, call 764-1353

El Centro, Inc. provides family support services as well as Hispanic outreach services. Address is 500 E. Santa Fe, Ste A, Olathe, KS 66061, call 829-7800




Johnson County Kansas Multi-Service Centers – There are several of these centers around the county, as listed below. A number of support services are offered, including emergency rent help, food, information on section 8 vouchers, and short term transitional housing. Case managers will offer advice and support to people who need help, refer tenants to loan programs, and coordinate other support for back rent.

  • Blue Valley Multi-Service Center, 7500 W. 149th Terrace, Room 413, Overland Park, Kansas 66223, call 239-4560
  • De Soto Multi-Service Center, 32905 W. 84th St., PO Box 551, De Soto, Kansas 66018, telephone 583-1152
  • Gardner Multi-Service Center, 510 W Main St., Suite D, Gardner, KS 66030, dial 715-8980
  • North Central Multi-Service Center, 12425 W. 87th St. Parkway, Suite 200, Lenexa, KS 66215, phone 715-6650
  • Roeland Park Community Center, 4850 Rosewood Drive, Roeland Park, Kansas 66205, telephone 826-3130
  • Spring Hill Multi-Service Center, 102 S. Main, Spring Hill, KS 66083, call 715-8960

Save Inc. runs subsidized housing for the disabled, mentally ill, and substance abusers. They can also refer clients to low income apartments in Johnson County. (816) 531-8340.

Salvation Army of Olathe - The non-profit provides emergency rent and financial aid. Grants may also be issued for electric bills and other housing needs for the working poor. The site is at 420 E. Santa Fe, or call (913) 782-3640 for intake.

HPRP is the regional eviction prevention/rehousing program. A network of charities and non-profits provide support to tenants, including grants for rent, utilities, money for deposits, and moving costs among other housing needs. Read more on Johnson County Kansas homeless prevention programs.

Johnson County Human Services
Address is 11811 S. Sunset, Suite 1300, Olathe, KS 66061
Call (913) 715-6653
Qualified residents may receive loans or other government aid for back rent, deposits, water or sewage bills, and more.





Legal Services in Johnson County can be reached at 1-800-723-6953. Attorneys can help with illegal evictions and other civil issues. Senior citizens can receive advice at no cost to them, regardless of their income.

Johnson County homeless shelters

People who are currently homeless may be able to access a shelter. In addition, most locations will also work with individuals to help them find more stable housing as well. Learn about programs and resources that can help with paying deposits, moving costs, and other housing and rent expenses.

  • Homeless Shelter Hotline is a great number to call for details. 816-474-4599
  • City Union Mission, 1108 E. 10th Kansas City, MO 64106, 816-474-9380. A shelter for men.
  • Johnson County Interfaith Hospitality Network, 11503 Strang Line Road, Suite C, Olathe, Kansas 66062, 913-345-2121. The center can provide homeless families with social services, emergency shelter, and a renewed sense of dignity, hope, and independent living.
  • ReStart is a shelter for men, women, families, and youth. Address is 918 E. 9th, Kansas City, MO 64106, 816-472-5664.
  • Salvation Army in Olathe can offer shelter for families with children under 18. 400 E. Santa Fe, Olathe, Kansas 66061, call 829-0578. This charity can also offer emergency funds for paying rent and other housing costs.
  • City Union Mission Family Center, 1310 Wabash Ave., Kansas City, MO 64127, telephone 816-474-9380 ext 2


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site