Rental payment assistance in Johnson County Kansas.
Low-income families who need help with paying their rent in Johnson County Kansas will get assistance from several different local resources. Locate charities, churches, and government agencies that provide immediate financial assistance to tenants. There are grants that pay back rent, free attorneys for tenants, security deposit help and more. Find rental assistance near you in Johnson County, Olathe and Overland Park KS below.
A combination housing resources are offered. The rent assistance is often combined with help moving, security deposit money, or section 8 HUD vouchers for low-income apartments. The leading agencies to call are listed below. They will each have their own application process and funding is always limited. So while they all try to help as many people as possible pay their rent and avoid eviction, unfortunately not everyone will qualify.
Financial help for paying rent or no-wait list housing is usually focused on Johnson County KS families with children, the seniors, and disabled. These individuals are usually considered most at risk if they were to lose their housing.
Additional support may be provided for people who are in the process of being evicted or who are currently homeless. Typically a social worker can help these individuals find a homeless shelter or a free motel voucher in Overland Park or Olathe. Then ideally help find more permanent, longer term housing or apartments as well as rental assistance to pay for it.
Organization that help with rent in Johnson County KS
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas has multiple offices around Johnson County Kansas. Services provided include limited rent assistance and other support like free furniture or household supplies too. The emergency Assistance Program can offer financial help with rent payments or security deposits to those low income families that qualify. Any help is offered on a limited basis when funds are available. A major focus is on rent help for single mothers, veterans and seniors.
They are located at 9806 W. 87th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212 (dial (913) 384-6608) as well as 333 E. Poplar St, Olathe, KS 66061 (telephone 913-782-4077).
Center of Grace can help with a number of needs, including housing and eviction prevention. The charity address is 520 S. Harrison St. Olathe, Kansas 66061, call 913-764-1353
El Centro, Inc. provides family support services as well as Hispanic outreach services. Applications to rental assistance and other social services are in Spanish as well. Address is 500 E. Santa Fe, Ste A, Olathe, KS 66061, call 913-829-7800
Johnson County Kansas Multi-Service Centers – There are several of these centers around the county, as listed below. A number of support services are offered, including emergency rent help, information on section 8 vouchers, and short term transitional housing. Case managers will offer advice and support to people who need help. The staff will refer tenants to loan programs, and coordinate other support for back rent.
- De Soto Multi-Service Center, 32905 West 84th Street; De Soto, KS 66018, telephone (913) 585-1762
- Gardner Multi-Service Center, 510 W Main St., Suite D, Gardner, KS 66030, dial (913) 715-6653
- North Central Multi-Service Center, 12425 W 87th St, Lenexa, KS 66215, phone (913) 715-6653
- Roeland Park Community Center, 4850 Rosewood Drive, Roeland Park, Kansas 66205, telephone (913) 826-3160
- North East Multi-Service Center, 6000 Lamar Ave., Mission, KS 66202. Phone 913-715-6633
Save Inc. runs subsidized housing for the disabled, mentally ill, and substance abusers. They can also refer clients to low income apartments in Johnson County. There will be rent subsidized homes, low-cost housing and more. Call (816) 531-8340.
Salvation Army of Olathe - The non-profit provides emergency rent and financial help. Grants may also be issued for electric bills and other housing needs for the working poor. Other programs including motel vouchers for the homeless and free furniture for low-income tenants. The site is at 420 E Santa Fe, Olathe, KS 66061. Call (913) 782-3640
- Another Salvation Army center with housing and rent payment help is at 123 N Holden St, Warrensburg, MO 64093. Dial (660) 422-4304.
- Other resources are offered too. More on Salvation Army Johnson County rent help.
HPRP is the regional eviction prevention/rehousing program. A network of charities and non-profits provide support to tenants, including grants for rent, utilities, money for deposits, and moving costs among other housing needs. Mobile home lease rent is offered too. Read more on Johnson County Kansas homeless prevention programs.
Johnson County Human Services is based at 12425 W 87th Pkwy, Olathe, KS 66061. Call (913) 715-6653. Qualified residents may receive loans or other government aid for back rent, deposits, water or sewage bills, and more.
Legal Services in Johnson County can be reached at 1-800-723-6953. Attorneys can help with illegal evictions and other civil issues. Low-income renters can get consultation from a free lawyer on a number of housing needs. Senior citizens can receive advice at no cost to them, regardless of their income.
Section 8 Johnson County Housing Choice Vouchers
The Housing and Urban Development (HUD) section 8 program is offered at two local housing authorities. The program pay a portion of rent on a home, apartment, or unit. Financial help is for very low-income families, seniors, the disabled and working poor. Emergency section 8 can expedite the application process too.
- Olathe Housing Authority - 200 W Santa Fe St, Olathe, KS 66061. Dial (913) 971-6260
- Johnson County Housing Authority - 12425 W. 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa, KS 66215. Call 913-715-6600
Cross Lines Community Outreach has various programs for KCMO, Johnson County, Overland Park and other regions. There is financial help for rent or moving costs; applications to government grant money, housing stability services and more. Call (913) 281-3388.
American Red Cross is based out of Kansas City, and can be reached at 816-931-8400. This agency will focus on people who are faced with a disaster, such as a fire, earthquake, tornado, or some other emergency.
Johnson County housing programs
People who are currently homeless, or on the verge of eviction in Johnson County, may be able to access a shelter or hotel voucher. In addition, most locations will also work with individuals to help them find more stable housing as well. Learn about programs and resources that can help with paying deposits, moving costs, and other housing and rent expenses.
- Homeless Shelter Hotline is a great number to call for details. 816-474-4599
- City Union Mission, 1108 E. 10th Kansas City, MO 64106, 816-474-9380. A shelter for men.
- Johnson County Interfaith Hospitality Network, 11503 Strang Line Road, Suite C, Olathe, Kansas 66062. Call 913-345-2121. The center can provide homeless families with social services, emergency shelter, future rent payment help, and a renewed sense of dignity, hope, and independent living.
- ReStart is a shelter for men, women, families, and youth. Address is 918 E. 9th, Kansas City, MO 64106. Dial 816-472-5664.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com