latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Oklahoma County rent assistance programs.

Several non-profits, government programs, churches, and charities in Oklahoma County focus on offering rental assistance as well as low income housing to the less fortunate and needy in the community. They may have direct financial assistance that they can offer for paying rent, or be able to refer individuals to emergency crisis programs.

Many of the Oklahoma City rent assistance programs and agencies do have limited funds. They will also have strict income criteria that need to be met before distributing funds. In addition, there is oftentimes a waiting list, especially for the section 8 housing voucher program. With that being said, every year thousands of low income individuals, senior citizens, disabled, and unemployed individuals do receive support and payment for rent, security deposits, and other aid. These emergency funds do go a long way towards preventing evictions in the Oklahoma County region.

The Bethel Foundation - Single mothers may be able to benefit from this non-profit organization. The agency can provide temporary housing for single parents and mothers. They can also arrange other necessities in times of struggle. Dial (405) 286-3700 in Oklahoma City.

HEARTLINE - This is a regional non-profit. Referrals are given to clients. Programs people facing a short term hardship. The government supported agency provides referrals to loans to renters, supportive services, and home ownership opportunities.

There is also information on SSVF Homeless Financial Assistance Veterans in Oklahoma County, ESG grants for paying back rent or security deposits, short term loans for families with poor credit and more. An SWCOC-ESG intake form is required. The office is in Oklahoma City, OK 73116, or call 211. If this agency does not assist with housing needs, find other resources for help paying rent.

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City - Affordable housing is offered for seniors as well as transitional housing and rent help for single mothers. 1501 N. Classen, Oklahoma City, OK 73106, dial (405) 523-3000




Homeless Alliance - Provides help and guidance to people at risk of evictions/foreclosures and the currently homeless. There may be referrals from the Alliance to resources such as the Continuum of Care or Emergency Solutions Grant Program. These are federally funded and, as funding allows will offer emergency rent help, security deposits, utility assistance, and other financial aid. They can also direct individuals to section 8 housing vouchers. The address is 1724 NW 4th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73106, (405) 415-8410, or read more Oklahoma City eviction assistance.

Central Oklahoma Community Action Agency - Can provide utility and rental assistance. Shelters are offered at some locations too. Other government benefits may be administered from the non-profit. Some clients are issued a interest deferred loan to pay rent or other bills, such as energy. Dial (405) 701-2120 or (405) 282-4332

Travelers Aid Society Of Oklahoma City, Inc. - This non-profit organization is focused on helping the homeless, low income and poor. There is also support for people that are stranded in the region. They are involved in assisting the homeless and people facing eviction by providing stabilizing resources, such as housing and rent help, to meet basic social needs. They also work with families for long term success.

Exodus House - People who are being released from prison can find temporary housing, possible money for security deposits and first months rent. 433 N.W. 25th St, Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73103, dial (405) 525-2300

St Lawrence Ministry provides rental and maybe other assistance in a limited area of the churches boundaries. They include Britton to north; Portland to west; Kelly to east; 50th by Western & Penn; 39th Expressway by Portland. Call (405) 242-4590.

Latino Community Development Agency - The non-profit can provide transitional housing assistance for homeless families fleeing domestic violence situations. Legal support and other aid is available as well. 420 S.W. 10th Street, Oklahoma City, 73109. (405) 236-0701





Mission of Hope - Homeless and people who were evicted can find resources, counseling, and help. 1804 S. Perkins Road, Stillwater, Oklahoma City. (405) 624-3674

Christ the King Church - The faith based group may have very limited assistance for paying rent, housing needs, shelter, and more. (405) 242-4590

Carolyn Williams Center
405-236-0414 ext. 305-Reina Escalante
Services available include Transitional Living Program for homeless young men ages 18-24. There may also be charge due from clients. This can include $100.00 for paying a security deposit, $175.00 monthly program fee (includes utilities and food). Other resources from the center include a Case Manager and Resident Manager on Site, Individual furnished bedrooms, community living environment, and also health and social service referrals are provided.

Neighborhood Services Organization - Call for a variety of housing assistance programs, including permanent housing for the mentally and chronically ill, transitional living and rent assistance for families who are homeless. There is also help for those that are now living in shelters. The non-profit also provides transitional housing for homeless pregnant mothers, and low income housing for homeless young men ages 18-24. They are also a church / faith-based organization that offers both rent and housing solutions and teaching skills to transform lives.431 S.W. 11th ST, Oklahoma City 73109, (405)236-0413

Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma assists with civil legal matters. Services can help with security deposits disputes or illegal or unneeded evictions. Get advice on preventing evictions and homelessness. Tenant / landlord mediation may be provided for rent issues. (866) 817-8151

Saint Vincent De Paul society - Leave a message, and only on Tuesday or Wednesday may rental assistance be available. The OKC churches offers other financial aid too, around housing, eviction help, and homeless prevention services. Dial 405-445-0414 for information on rent help or grants.

Epiphany Of The Lord Catholic Church - After an interview from St. Vincent De Paul, emergency funds or loans may be issued for paying rent. Applicants need to live in the zip code of 73078, 73142, 73162, or part of the 73132 zip code. Other aid includes information on low income housing, security deposit programs, and other housing solutions. (405) 722-2110.

Oklahoma City Housing Authority - Provides rental assistance for elderly, low to moderate income families, people who list jobs, as well as home ownership opportunities and self-sufficiency. 1700 NE 4th St., Oklahoma City OK 73117, 405-605-3264

Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency - Assists homeless individuals and families with special needs, and helps people obtain rental assistance and section 8. 100 N.W. 63rd, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73126-0720, (405) 848-1144

YWCA - Women and children who are victims of domestic violence can access housing. 2460 W. I-44 Service Rd, Oklahoma City OK 73112. Call (405)948-1770

Martha’s House and Gatewood
405-236-0413 ext. 305 Reina Escalante
405-525-7409 Aloha Clarke
Transitional Living Program for homeless women with children or women expecting their first child.

In His Name Ministries, Inc. - This charity can help the disenfranchised, and other needy individuals, particularly by giving financial aid for security deposits and rent. Bethany, Oklahoma. (405) 773-0777







Oklahoma Indian Legal Services - Low income Native Americans can receive free legal support. Programs can deal with housing and tenant issues, including discrimination, unsafe living conditions, as well as eviction prevention support. They support the city and greater Oklahoma County region. (405) 943-6457

Other Oklahoma County agencies to call for rent assistance

The following churches, non-profits, and charities may also all offer emergency funds to pay rent and/or security deposits.

  • Jesus House - 1335 W Sheridan, Oklahoma City, OK 73106, (405) 232-7164
  • Hope Center of Edmond - 1251 N Broadway, Ste A&B, Edmond, OK 73034, (405) 348-1340
  • St John the Baptist Catholic Church - Edmond, OK 73034, (405) 216-7554. Only services income qualified people in the parish area.
  • St James the Greater Catholic Church -  4201 S McKinley, Oklahoma City, OK 73109, (405) 636-6804


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site