Assistance programs Newton County.
There are ways for low-income families to get financial help as well as free items in Newton County Georgia. Find how to get electric bill or rent assistance from charities or churches, learn how the government gives out free food or grant money, and find affordable medical care. Get financial assistance near you in Newton County GA.
Many resources are available in the region for low income families, the disabled, and senior citizens among others. There are also charities that giveaway free clothes or furniture, or get a car for work or gas card. Other resources in the Covington GA area include school supplies or holiday help.
Financial help for bills, food, housing and more in Newton County
For people who are struggling, there is some good news. The Newton Fund of The Community Foundation For Greater Atlanta distributes annually tens of thousands of dollars in grants to the The Center for Community Preservation and Planning, which is located in downtown Covington. The money in turn flows to local non-profit organizations. The organizations and charities that people who need help can go to include:
Community Food Pantry — This food pantry helps hundreds of people per week. They provide free or discounted meals and food to low income families. The pantry is open several days a week and several hours per day. There are free grocery boxes, holiday meals, SNAP applications for people with no money and more. Contact them at 7125 Turner Lake Cir SW, Covington, GA 30014. Call (770) 784-0037, or find other details on how to get food with no money.
Salvation Army — The Salvation Army provides a wide variety of funds and crisis grants to those who need short term help or who are facing a hardship. The local branch of the organization has a free clothing closet, thrift store, furniture bank and food pantry. They give out free stuff in Newton County, including school supplies or Christmas toys to kids.
- They can even provide grants and other assistance for mortgage payments, heating or water bills, utility payments. In addition, apply for free prescriptions and health care for people without medical insurance. Find a listing of Georgia medical centers that they may partner with.
- The grants from the Salvation Army will also offer mortgage assistance, foreclosure prevention, rent and utility bills assistance program as well as gas cards for work. Click here to find additional ways to get mortgage help.
Stop by the Salvation Army at 5193 Washington Street Southwest, Covington, Georgia. Click here for more details, or feel free to call them at (770) 786-2107. Or learn more on Salvation Army assistance in Newton County GA.
FaithWorks — The organization (phone # (770) 784-1884)) provides assistance to low to moderate income residents in Covington. People can apply for grants that can be used for rent and utility bill payments. There is also help for single mothers, seniors and the unemployed. These assistance programs are also being expanded as a result of the additional funding.
Washington Street Community Center — This local community center has numerous programs for students and youth. They offer local residents various resources, including about a dozen different assistance and educational programs, one of which is a popular after-school tutorial program. These student and education programs are receiving both grants and will be expanded.
- Internet access is arranged for students too. There are even free computer labs, internet access including information on T-Mobile and phone bill programs. More on TMobile free internet for students
Call them at (770) 786-4002. The address is 4138 School St SW, Covington, GA 30014.
A referral service Hotline is available. Callers can get information or referred to non-profits and charities that support Newton County. The organization offers numerous services and referrals to qualified clients when resources are available. The group was created as part of the nationwide poverty fighting network. They may be able to provide linkage to grants for paying utility bills, rent, and other assistance to city residents who are in need. The agency has joined with other local nonprofit organizations and government agencies to coordinate resources.
- The organization that is applied to in Newton County will need to provide applicants with an intake process. This will help them see what their specific need is and what type of bill or expense they need assistance with. They will gather personal information so any type of financial assistance is not duplicated in the same household.
- Other financial resources may also be available in the Covington Georgia region. The agency has information on food pantries, government programs for paying utility bills such as LIHEAP, and housing resources. Job training and placement may also be provided by the non-profit and its case managers.
- Transportation help is offered too. Whether information on free car giveaways from dealerships, gas cards, or trucks for work, resources are offered. Or learn more on free car giveaways for low-income families.
Anyone in Newton Coutny GA can get help from it. As noted, this is a referral service, and more on the community service infoline.
Covington and Newton County agencies offer assistance for paying rent. Families that are struggling can call a church, charity, or law firm for help. Based on the applicant’s qualifications, a cash grant may be provided for paying a portion of back rent or there may be loans to pay for deposits, shelter arranged, and other support services. More on rent help in Newton County.
Repairers of the Breach may occasionally have Financial Assistance. Funding may be offered for utility bills, a security deposit, or a partial rent payment. All resources are limited. 5120 Washington Street, Covington, GA 30014. Call (770) 787-7250
Rainbow Covenant Ministries operates a homeless shelter. The faith based group may also have meals, free food, or referrals to low income families in Newton. The charity is at 7133 Turner Lake Circle, Covington, GA, 30014. Call (770) 787-8519.
Newton County free food assistance programs - The working poor, hungry, and homeless (among others) can get assistance. Food pantries as well as soup kitchens provide groceries, supplies such as diapers or baby formula, and much more. Some centers even have staff that help with applications to SNAP food stamps. More information on free food banks Newton County GA.
Free dental, including for patients with no insurance, on Medicaid, or the low-income in Newton County. Get dentures, preventative teeth cleaning, exams, and other care. Volunteer dentists, hygients and others offer help, and more on free clinics for dental needs in Georgia.
Newton County and Covington Housing Authority operates section 8 housing choice vouchers. The address is 5160 Alcovy Rd, Covington, GA 30014. There is public housing, low-income no wait list apartments, and income based housing for low-income, disabled and seniors. Call (770) 786-7739, or more on GA housing choice vouchers.
Newton County Division of Family and Children Services process applications to government benefits. These include SNAP food stamps as well as free cash from TANF. Or Medicaid, SSI disability, daycare help and more is offered from 4117 Mill St NE, Covington, GA 30014. Call (770) 784-2490
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com