latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Rental assistance Madison County Alabama.

Some of the services available in Madison County Alabama include homeless prevention, emergency rent help, funds for paying security deposits, housing vouchers, and eviction prevention. Families can also receive advice and referrals from case managers as well as social workers.

A summary of the programs, charitable agencies, churches and government resources available are below. Most of the centers will try to prioritize anyone who has an eviction notice and is faced with an unexpected crisis that is not caused by them. Oftentimes additional priority for any rental assistance is given to low income disabled, seniors, and families with young children.

Sometimes an individual just can’t afford their current home, so most of the agencies also have in place social workers who can try to help people find more affordable housing or apartments in the greater Huntsville Alabama region.

The CARE Center serves a large area in Alabama, including Southeast Madison County as well as Berkley as Gurley. Funds may be offered for bills such as rent or energy. Dial 256.732.2273

Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing is provided by HPRP. Emergency cash assistance and grants may be available for anyone with an eviction notice or who is currently homeless. There are conditions, such as income of three times their rent amount, that need to be met. People who meet these and other conditions may be eligible for HPRP rental assistance. Call 211 for referrals.

Catholic Center of Concern – To apply or learn more, call for an appointment on Monday or Tuesday from 9-10. Phone 256.536.0041. Address is 1010 Church St Ne, Huntsville, Alabama 35801

Community Action Agency of Madison Alabama – May have referrals to aid such as section 8. They also can often times refer people to local charities and non-profits, as well as housing authorities. Call 256.851.9800

Churches United for People – Call 256.539.8720. This assistance is usually limited to $100.00 for rent or security deposits, and funds are paid directly to your landlord or apartment manager.




Huntsville Assistance Program is another option for housing assistance. Phone 256.539.2320. The HAP programs also services Toney, Ardmore, Harvest, and Hazel Green Alabama. Call 256.828.8788

St. Vincent de Paul Society – This non-profit charity operates in many area and zip codes. Dial a church near you for help if you have an eviction letter. The churches will try to provide a grant for back rent in Madison County, but some only issue interest free loans.

  • For residents of zip codes 35810, 35811, 35750, 35759, Queen of the Universe is the contact. Call 256.852.2899
  • For zip codes 35805, 35806, 35816 you will want to call St. Joseph's. Phone 256.539.7476
  • Families in zip codes 35757, 35758, 35773, 35749 are serviced by St. John's. Phone 256.726.0100
  • The needy of zip codes 35801, 35802, 35803, 35811,35741, 35748, 35763, and 35761 can get help from Holy Spirit. Call 256.881.9663

Madison County Alabama Catholic Center of Concern. Offers emergency rent/mortgage/foreclosure assistance to those in need that qualify for these services when funds are available. (256) 536-0041

Huntsville Housing Authority – Call 256-539-0774. This non-profit organization can provide affordable housing with a focus on de-concentration of poverty. Services include section 8 HUD vouchers for low income apartments and more.

Guntersville Housing Authority – Offers affordable housing for low and very low income as well as working poor families in the community. Phone 256-582-4331.

Inside-Out Ministries is located at 103 Gin Oaks Court, Madison, AL 35758. The charity may have information on government grants for back rent and other housing programs, including help for the homeless of Madison County in the form of shelter or security deposits. Phone (256) 325-5193

Legal Services can offer advice on unsafe housing, land lord tenant eviction, and other support. Legal services of Alabama is a statewide nonprofit legal organization with offices in Huntsville. It is made up of a group of legal professionals and attorneys who are strongly dedicated to helping Alabama's low-income. Read more on free legal aid in Alabama.





St. Vincent De Paul - St Joseph as well as St. John The Baptist Catholic Church offers limited assistance. This may include rent too. Aid is offered to those that qualify when funds are available. Please contact them directly for more detailed information or to schedule an appointment. Dial (256) 726-0100 to get more information on their loan programs or to make an appointment.

Crisis Service of North Alabama and Madison runs the SAIL service, or Special Assessment Intervention and Liaison. This is only for victims of domestic violence. Shelter, transitional housing, and funds for first months rent on a new, safe home may be provided. (256) 716-1000.

Huntsville Assistance Program and Clearing House covers all of Madison County Alabama. They are located in Toney, Alabama 35773. Phone (256) 828-8788. This organization is a group of local congregations and churches that pool their resources to offer rent and other financial assistance to those in need. The name given to the non-profit is Huntsville Assistance Program and Clearing House, and the charity can offer assistance and referrals to those in need within the community.

C.A.R.E. Center – Offers financial assistance to Eastern Madison County including the cities and towns of Brownsboro, Gurley, New Hope, Hampton, Cove, Owens Cross Roads, and Berkley Alabama. Single parents as well as seniors often call for emergency rent help or transitional housing. Call (256) 723-2273


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site