latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs Lane County Oregon and Eugene.

Find non-profits, charities, government agencies or even churches to apply at for financial assistance or free stuff. There is help in Lane County for paying everything from utility or heating bills to rent or a mortgage. Also find grants or vouchers for gasoline or medical bills, free groceries from pantries, and get other aid in an emergency or for long term support in the Eugene area.

Students can get free back to school supplies in Lane County and families can get help at Christmas, including meals or free toys. Also find details on TANF short term cash assistance, free clinics for medical or dental care, and other social services in the Eugene region.

Get help with bills and find organizations that provide financial assistance

There are several different places that families can turn to for aid in Eugene and Lane County. There are organizations and resources that provide help with rent, energy bills, weatherization and energy conservation programs, and other everyday expenses.

Energy bill credits from Eugene Water & Electric Board help the very low income and unemployed. The goal is to help households keep their lights, water, and power on. The utility company created an assistance program that provides the unemployed with credits on their utility bills. Eugene Water and Electric Board works closely with local organizations, including the Lane County Human Services Commission, which contracts with St. Vincent de Paul of Lane County, the Campbell Senior Center, and the Catholic Community Services to get people signed up for the assistance program.

The amount of assistance being provided varies. As part of the company’s customer care program, EWEB can offer anywhere from $200 to $300 to help participants pay their bills. The energy bill credit from EWEB’s will apply to any unemployed customer, regardless of their current or past income. However customers need to have proof of receiving state unemployment benefits within 14 days of the date of their application for the assistance.

To learn more or apply, contact St. Vincent de Paul, call the utility help line 461-8794 or stop by the Lane County Human Services Commission social service office at 456 Highway 99 North.




The Lane County Human Services Commission (HSC) has several other options for local families and administers numerous other programs. They include those listed below. Contact them at (541) 682-3798 to apply or learn more. They offer the programs listed below.

  • A free/sliding free medical clinic will provide free and / or sliding-scale primary health care and services for uninsured as well as low to moderate income households in Lane County. Services offered by the clinic, which is run by the Human Services Commission (541) 682-3798 will include exams, basic lab work, medications, and free prescription drugs. Find additional free health care programs.
  • The Human Services dental clinic will provide free or reduced cost ongoing and preventative dentistry to low-income adults and children. The populations targeted by the dental clinic program includes those people who are unemployed, disabled, uninsured, and or homeless. Human Services Commission - Phone number above.
  • Oregon Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) applications are processed at HSC. The program provides grants and other forms of financial assistance to low-income households for paying utility and heating bills. The program is seasonal and winter services are available as early as funding allows, which is typically in November of each year. There are some people it focuses on, including households with lower income residents, a person age 60 or over and households with a permanently disabled member are priority groups.
    Grants and funds from this federally funded program are dispersed on a first-come, first-served basis, so apply early. Home bound applicants can be assisted with completing their applications at home. Services for LIHEAP available in Oakridge, Florence, Eugene, Cottage Grove and Springfield Oregon.
  • Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing is a financial aid program. The purpose is to prevent evictions. Financial assistance, cash grants, counseling, and stabilization services are offered to help prevent individuals and families from being evicted, becoming homeless or to help those who are experiencing homelessness to be quickly rehoused and stabilized in new short term and long term housing. Find more rent assistance.
  • Weatherization Services are free from the government agency. In addition to services listed above, The Lane County Human Services Commission works closely with organizations including the Housing and Community Services Agency of Lane County (HACSA) to provide energy conserving as well as home weatherization services throughout Lane County. The Weatherization program will assess homes for weatherization needs and it will install, for free, insulation and windows, seals heating ducts, caulking, furnace repairs and tune ups. Find more details on weatherization in Oregon.
  • Food, groceries, meals and more from Hunger Relief/Food Bank is an option. Many families are facing hunger, and the food program from HSC will solicit, collect, warehouse, prepare, transport, record, manage, purchase, and allocate groceries to support the needs of Eugene and Lane County Residents.
  • City of Eugene Homeless Prevention Project is available. Also offered by the Human Services Commission, this will prevent evictions and homelessness by providing direct client assistance through a consortium of providers and referrals to government programs and local agencies.

Call Human Services Commission at 541-682-3798 for information on these and other resources.





Community Sharing Program - The agency provides a wide range of basic-need and emergency financial assistance to low to moderate income residents of South Lane County Oregon. Cottage Grove. Phone (541) 942-2176

Family Services of Eugene is a Salvation Army affiliated agency. Programs offered include limited energy, heating, and utility bill help for Blachley Lane and Lane Electric customers only. They offer emergency rental assistance or loans to those with an eviction notice, a free food box program, prescriptions, and vouchers for basic needs such as clothing or furniture. (541) 343-3328.

Catholic Charities of Eugene - The agency offers assistance to meet basic needs of the low to moderate income, and services offered include groceries, food assistance, rent help, funds for paying utilities and heating bills, prescriptions, hygiene, LTD day passes, and clothing. The charity and its partner churches support all of Lane County Oregon. They also work closely with the regional energy companies in an effort to help people with paying their heating and utility bills. (541) 345-3642, or learn more about Catholic Charities assistance programs in Eugene.

Centro Latino Americano - Assistance programs and information for the local Hispanic Community. Advocacy, health care, referrals to shelter, medical assistance, and counseling programs. CARS-Crisis Assistance Referral Service. Jobs-Assist in connecting client with employer for day labor. Los Ninos-Assists families with children 0-17 years old. Rental, heating and energy bill assistance, as well as an emergency food box program. Call (541) 687-2667

ShelterCare -They run the Homelessness Prevention Program, which can help families with children who are at risk of eviction or homelessness to remain in stable housing or their apartment. It combined help from government grants with supportive services. The key is to keep the Eugene family in their home.

The housing assistance program provides minimal financial assistance and cash grants for paying rent or utility bills, coupled with a year of appropriate one-on-one assistance. This includes counseling and job training to help keep these families in their homes. The agency is based in Eugene Oregon. Phone (541) 689-7156, or more on ShelterCare housing programs.

Lane County Senior and Disabled Services - Offers a variety of services to seniors and family caregivers throughout Lane County, including help with paying energy bills, food, information on health care, and more. There is also information on government aid, including Temporary Cash Assistance benefits and similar resources. Call (541) 998-5367, or more details on TANF cash assistance.

Lane County Salvation Army - While the non-profit does not offer extensive financial assistance, they do offer the low income and working poor a number of wide ranging programs. Families can get help with basic needs such as clothing and free food boxes or school supplies.

The organization provides free Christmas assistance, including meals, toys, and the Angel Tree programs. Another focus of the Salvation Army is on homeless prevention, and this can include limited amounts of rent or energy assistance. Or get vouchers to pay for motel rooms, homeless shelters in Eugene and other support from the faith based charity. Veterans can also get help as well, including housing and job training. More on Lane County Salvation Army assistance programs.





St. Vincent Depaul - Provides appliances, furniture, groceries, emergency food boxes, clothing, housing aid, household goods, rent, utility and energy bill assistance, prescription medication vouchers, transportation, and loan of medical equipment. Find additional prescription programs, or call the agency at (541) 689-6747.

The Saint Vincent organization also works with numerous churches and charities in Lane County. They combine resources and partner with these groups in an effort to help the greatest number of people. A significant focus is on addressing housing and homelessness. Read Lane County St. Vincent assistance programs.

Lindholm Center administers a number of resources. They include emergency rent help, free food boxes, clothing, furniture, appliances, household goods, loans of medical equipment, prescription medications, and transportation assistance. They also process LIHEAP applications. 456 Hwy 99, Eugene, OR 97402, (541) 461-8688

Assistance with Lane County water bills may be provided by programs administered by the Eugene Water and Electric Board. Examples of the programs available include Customer Care, assistance for the unemployed, credits, and support for military members as well. Find Eugene Water and Electric Board programs.

Springfield Community Service Center is another leading non-profit for Lane County. Get information on diapers, personal hygiene products, prescription assistance, food boxes, and more. There may be grants from the center for paying certain household expenses, such as for utility bill and rental assistance. The Lane County non-profit may also have vouchers for school clothes and related supplies as well as other aid. (541) 345-3628, or learn more on Springfield Community Services.

Lane Electric Cooperative Member Assistance Program (MAP) is a energy bill assistance program for those that are struggling. The MAP program is generally available after federal funds are exhausted. Referrals to non-profits are offered too. Location is 787 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene, Oregon 97402.

Lane County senior citizens often need help with mobility for doctor appointments, shopping, grocery stores, and other high priority needs. There are government and non-profit programs that help with this need. The rides are effective for those who can’t drive. Find more details on senior citizen transportation programs.

Senior and Adult Program Campbell Community Center provides heating and utility assistance for seniors 60. It can pay for natural gas, heating oil, propane, or even wood. 155 High St, Eugene, OR 97401. Dial (541) 682-3378.







Junction City Local Aid offers emergency financial assistance for Junction City school area only. There is help for needs such as food, bus tokens, clothing, utilities or propane gas, or prescriptions. Call (541) 998-3992 to apply. Or find more details on Junction City Local Aid assistance programs.

Blachly Lane Energy Share is an assistance program for those people with a shut off notice on their utilities. There are income restrictions and the program is formally known as Blachly Lane Electric Cooperative.

St. Benedict Lodge Catholic Church of Mckenzie Bridge Oregon (phone (541) 822-3249) can give people groceries and food boxes, limited rental and electric bill assistance, Caring Tree at Christmas, shoe vouchers and holiday gifts, family visits, emergency gas, trips to town, furniture and appliances. All aid is limited.

Short term and emergency funds to pay rent or security deposits are also available for income qualified residents. Find a comprehensive listing of non-profit agencies that administer rent assistance in Lane County.

Looking Glass and the New Roads service is for Lane County residents age 16-21 only. The organization can provide provide basic needs, such as for rent. Other resources include behavioral health, outreach, employment development, and referrals to other agencies. The program is open Monday-Friday and is located at 931 W 7th Ave, Eugene, OR 97402, or call 541.686.4310.

Lane County government assistance - The local government, Human Services Division, and other agencies administer a number of cash and other assistance programs for the needy. The unemployed, working poor, seniors, and others may be able to receive help. Services can assistance with medical bills, rent, food, energy expenses and much more. Community Service Centers also work closely with the county. More on public assistance in Lane County.

Foreclosure prevention and counseling in Lane County Oregon

NEDCO Homeownership Center - Non-profit that provides mortgage delinquency, default and foreclosure counseling. HUD approved non-profit center. Also, learn about debt reduction programs. Dial (541) 345-7106. More on government mortgage programs.

Free food pantries, groceries and distribution centers

Call any of the following for food assistance. Triangle Food Box ((541) 927-3404), Community Sharing Program (dial (541) 942-2176), Deadwood Community Services ((541) 964-5031), as well as St. Matthews Episcopal Church ((541) 689-4010).

There are additional pantries as well as soup kitchens in the region. Soup kitchens are also located in Eugene and other towns. All are focused on low income families. If these centers can’t help you, find more Lane County free food banks.

Free health care and community clinics

The White Bird - Clinic offers both dental and health care assistance on a sliding fee scale. Provides both dental and medical care focused on those with little or no income and no insurance. Eugene Oregon. Call (541) 484-4800.





Volunteers in Medicine Clinic - The center is a volunteer medical clinic dedicated to providing primary medical health care, labs and testing, medications, mental health, information and referrals to low income and uninsured adults in Lane County. Primary medical care will be provided for all individuals who meet eligibility guidelines. Services include: doctors appointments, minor trauma, information on drug assistance programs, such as that from Walmart and Humana.

Low income and/or un insured people can also access free prevention and health maintenance, health education, mental health services, prescription assistance, specialty and diagnostic referral. There are also diabetic management and education programs and other provider-dependent procedures. Call (541) 686-3797

Other community clinics to call for low cost or free medical care include Mckenzie River Clinic ((541) 822-3341) as well as Lakeside Clinic ((541) 937-2134).


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site