Lake County rent assistance programs.
The housing solutions from Lake County based agencies can help with rent payments or place clients into transitional housing. Programs are available from several organizations. While funding is very limited, there may be rental or security deposit assistance for low income families, the disabled, or seniors citizens in the county, including the cities of Sanford and Leesburg.
Funds are intended to both prevent evictions as well as locate affordable homes for those that need to move. Each non-profit organization, or government sponsored agency, will have a strict application process before offering any assistance with rent. Any type of financial support will also generally require the client to participate in case management services, which is done to break the cycle of homelessness.
Catholic Charities – Lake County and Central Florida
Address is 1321 Sunshine Avenue
Leesburg, Florida 34748
Phone - (352) 460-0700
Partnering with a case manager, there may be limited funds for dealing with the emergency, such as for rent or energy costs.
Lake Community Action Agency
Leesburg Neighborhood Center is at 1010 North Boulevard East. Phone - (352) 787-1156.
Clermont Neighborhood Family Center is located in Eustis at 501 North Bay Street. Phone - (352) 357-5550.
Very limited rent or mortgage help is offered. Other services range from counseling to referrals to low income apartments or loans.
Non-profit Lake County and charity housing programs – For information on everything from government grants for security deposits or rent to shelter in Lake County Florida, dial 407-839-4357 for intake. Other foreclosure and eviction support is available as well.
These locations can offer public housing or section 8 rental vouchers.
Sanford - Telephone - (407) 323-3150
Eustis - phone - (352) 357-4851
Veterans Organization Of Resource And Recovery For The Homeless
Address is 902 S Grove Street
Eustis, Florida 32726
Military members and their families can get help in applying for programs such as SSVF or shelters. Government aid can be used for a deposit on a new home, they coordinate job training, and assist with rent to stop homelessness from occurring.
Salvation Army service centers – A couple locations are in Lake County. Case managers can place families, including the elderly, into low income housing. In some cases there may be money for paying a portion of rent, or clients can apply for other services. Leesburg location is at (352) 365-0079. Another site is at 870 N. Main Street in Bushnell. Call (352) 568-2284.
Lake County Legal Services
Call the helpline at (352) 629-6257. Lawyers will give advice to qualified tenants with a pay or quit notice.
Short term and transitional housing in Lake County
The organizations below will not offer direct financial aid, but rather support to people that are struggling. Individuals leaving the programs can then be referred to support for payments such as a security or rental deposit or job placement and more.
- Christian Care Center - Samaritan Inn – Address is 115 N. 13th Street, Leesburg, FL 34748. Phone - (352) 434-1832.
- New Beginnings Of Lake County is located at 792 E. Montrose Street in Clermont. Call (800) 789-7717. There is housing for both women and men.
- Our Father House Of Refuge – Eustis Florida. Call (352) 801-9682.
- Women In Truth Ministries, 1709 Palm Aire Drive, Lady Lake, FL 32159, call (352) 454-2502
- Christian Care Center - Women's Care Center – Call the Leesburg agency at (352) 787-8929. Low income transitional housing is available.
- The Catholic Community Of St Paul, 1330 Sunshine Avenue, Leesburg, Florida 34748, dial (352) 787-6354.
- Debbie's Doorstep is a shelter for women, including domestic violence. Sorrento, FL 32776, dial (352) 314-8000.