King County and Seattle Christmas and free holiday assistance programs.
Across King County there are several free Christmas and Thanksgiving assistance programs. Find where to get free Christmas gifts, Thanksgiving dinners, Toys for Tots, holiday food baskets, gift cards and other items in the Seattle Washington and King County Washington area. Charity organizations as well as churches run them using donations from the community and also the support of volunteers. A wide variety of free gifts and food items may be offered to struggling families, in particular those with children, in an effort to spread the holiday joy.
There may be gifts for kids such as Legos, books, computers, video games, and others toys for children as well as food or meals for families and the elderly from Angel Tree or the USMC Toys for Tots program. Some of the charities offer more than just Christmas help. They may also administer Thanksgiving meals or Easter gift baskets. Anyone who may qualify and is interested in getting more information will need to call a center.
The free gifts, clothing and meals that are provided in King County around the holidays can make a big difference. It can free up your money for paying other bills and help people have some joy around Christmas and other holidays.
Black Diamond Community Center
Address of the non-profit is 31605 3rd Ave
Black Diamond, Washington, 98010
The non-profit does not serve the city of Seattle, and all people need to call for appointment to register/apply for Christmas help.. Phone number is (360) 886-1011
The center offers free Christmas gifts for school children, grades K-12, in Black Diamond district only.
Hopelink – Redmond
16725 Cleveland St
Redmond, Washington, 98052
An on site Holiday Gift Room offers clothing, holiday gifts, toys, stuff, and more for Redmond and Sammamish area residents.
- Another location is in Shoreline Washington and it covers low income, unemployed, and struggling families in that area. Food and hot meals may be served at Thanksgiving or Christmas too. 15809 Westminster Way N, Shoreline, WA, 98133. Dial (206) 440-7300 for intake or applications. Hope Link is also at 11011 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA, 98033, dial (425) 889-7880 as well as 14812 Main St, Bellevue, Washington, 98007, main phone (425) 943-7555. Or find more free stuff.
Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank
Address is 179 1st Ave SE, Issaquah, WA, 98027
Phone number (425) 392-4123
The Caring Through Sharing store has toys, games, clothing, and more for children and students. Qualified families can shop for what they need. There are also Thanksgiving and Christmas meal as well as grocery baskets.
Maple Valley Food Bank
21415 Maple Valley Hwy
Maple Valley, WA, 98038
Hot meals, groceries, and Christmas Gifts may be passed out. It is for children, students, and teenagers of the Tahoma School District, Maple Valley, Hobart, Ravensdale, and Covington Washington.
Mercer Island Youth and Family Services - Holiday Food and Gift Program
2040 84th Ave SE
Mercer Island, Washington, 98040
Call (206) 275-7869
Small Christmas toys, stocking stuffers, and food baskets may be offered.
Address is 1200 S 336th St.
Federal Way, WA, 98003
Phone number - (253) 838-6810
Provides free Christmas and holiday food for all clients. Volunteers and donations also can give gifts for children, ages 18 and younger. The program runs for qualified low-income Federal Way School District residents.
Storehouse at Real Life Church
26201 180th Ave SE
Covington, WA, 98042
Up to 2 free gifts, presents, clothing items or gift cards are for families with children living in Covington.
Eastridge Church - West Seattle Campus
4500 39th Ave SW, West Seattle Assembly of God
Seattle, WA, 98116
Dial (425) 392-3253
There is a Toy House. A giveaway and holiday show take place.
Mount Zion Baptist Church - Jesse Owens Fellowship Hall
1634 19th Ave, Seattle, WA, 98122
telephone: (206) 322-6500
The program is known as Christmas Day of Caring. The charity has a holiday celebration, lunch and free Christmas toy giveaway in King County for children ages 12 and younger.
University District Food Bank
Location is 5017 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, Washington 98105
Main phone: (206) 523-7060
The Holiday Gift Program combines food boxes (at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter) with holiday gifts for kids under the age of 18.
Helpline of Seattle and King County
This is a free referral service. Callers can get information on where to get free Christmas gifts, toys, meals, games, gift certificates and more. There may be information from the United Way helpline on free Christmas Trees, Thanksgiving meals, winter clothes, games, books, school supplies and more. The helpline also gives referrals to grant and financial aid programs for paying bills, free food pantries and more. Continue with King County Helpline.
El Centro de la Raza
2524 16th Avenue South
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone (206) 957-4634
A major focus is on immigrants, Latinos, the Asian community and non-English speakers, but anyone can apply. Free food, including culturally specific, may be offered at Thanksgiving or Christmas. There may be small toys or stocking stuffers. Or get winter coats and gift cards for holiday shopping.
Catholic Community Services - Annual Holiday Gift Shop
Address is 4250 S Mead St
St. Edwards Parish, Seattle, WA, 98118
Dial (206) 445-5669
The gift shop is for pregnant women, including single moms. Kids needs to be under age of or just born, and they can get toys as well as free Christmas gifts. It is for low income and working poor families.
King County and Seattle Free Toys for Tots
This volunteer driven, Christmas gift giving program provides new toys to children from struggling as well as lower income households. Everything from clothing to games, dolls, trucks, Legos, books, computers and more may be passed out for those families that register and meet qualifications. Most of the application sites are at the Salvation Army, but other locations are as follows.
- Kent Service Extension supports the zip codes of 98002, 98030, 98031, 98035, 98042, 98047, 98064, 98071, 98089, 98092, 98001, 98032. The address is 1209 Central Ave S Ste 145 Kent, Washington, 98032-7439. Call 253.852.4983.
- A Giving and Caring Heart, Address: 4206 Rainier Ave S, Seattle Washington 98118. Phone 360-580-8465.
- Centro Familiar Cristiano is a Toys for Tots application process. Get clothes, video games, Christmas gift cards and more. The address 10612 15th Ave SW, Seattle Washington, 98146. Call (206) 763-1680.
- Eagle’s Nest Community Kitchen has Thanksgiving and Christmas meals and Toys for Tots.
Address is 1209 Central Ave S, Kent Washington 98032. Call (360) 506-1730.
- Mercy Housing, 7101 62nd Ave NE. Seattle, Washington, 98115. Call (206) 838-5700.
- St Vincent de Paul, St Theresa's is at 3939 SW 331st St., Federal Way, Washington 98023. Phone is (253) 838-5924. Toys for Toys, free gifts, holiday food baskets and other goods are offered.
- Other application sites can be found online. Apply here. https://fort-lewis-wa.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/default.aspx?nPageID=100&nPreviewInd=200&nRedirectInd=3
Salvation Army - Seattle Temple Corps
There are a few social service offices in King County that run holiday programs. Please see below. Toy 'n Joy can distribute free Christmas toys, vouchers and food cards to income eligible families. Another resource known as Christmas Gift Bags For Seniors assist the elderly and homebound, and some delivered meals and gifts may be offered in King County too. There are also free Thanksgiving turkey dinners for low income families. The Giving Tree and Toy 'n Joy, or Angel Tree, is also in the region.
- Address is 9501 Greenwood Ave N Outreach Ministries, Seattle, Washington, 98103, (206) 783-1226
- Salvation Army - Social Services Department - East King, 911 164th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA, 98008. Dial (425) 452-7300.
- 911 164th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA, 98008, dial (425) 452-7300
- Federal Way/Des Moines Salvation Army center is at 26419 16th Ave S, Des Moines, Washington, 98198, (253) 946-7933
- 1209 Central Ave S Suite 145, Kent, WA, 98032. Call this center at (253) 852-4983.
- 720 S Tobin St, Renton, WA, 98057, dial (425) 255-5969 for inake.
- 1101 Pike St, Seattle, Washington, 98101, telephone (206) 442-8363
- Another Salvation Army Social Services Department is located at 9050 16th Ave SW, Seattle, WA, 98106. Call (206) 767-3150 Ext: 102.
- There are other Salvation Army assistance programs in King County.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - Council of Seattle Area and local churches
The charity and its churches administer the Christmas Family Assistance program for King County residents. Free food, toys, hot meals, gifts and clothing may all be offered.