latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs Johnson County Indiana.

Low-income families in Johnson County Indiana will get financial assistance. Locate charities, churches and government agencies that provide grant money to pay for housing, including rent, utilities or a mortgage. Or get free items including food or medical care. Locate financial help near you in Franklin, Greenwood, and Johnson County IN.

The assistance is focused on senior citizens, single moms or dads, and the disabled. Immediate financial help is combined with long term support, such as a free car or gas for work, debt relief, and free job training in the Greenwood and Franklin IN area.

Get financial assistance for utility bills, rent, or food in Johnson County IN

Human Services is a non-profit community action agency committed to ending poverty in Johnson County. The low-income, people with no m money and underemployed will get help. Several emergency assistance programs are administered by the organization.

  • When funds are available, they may be able to provide rent and energy bill assistance funds to income-eligible persons. The money will help keep electric, lights or heat on. They also process applications for the federal government energy assistance program in Indiana, or EAP.
  • Johnson County families have several other resources available to them as well. Human Services can help people apply for low income apartment (including with no wait list) or the section 8 housing voucher program. While this will have a waiting list, vouchers can help address housing needs. Click here Section 8 houses in Indiana.
  • Free food pantries and clothing closets are also available and can distribute diapers, food, a box of groceries and other infant services. There is support for families, kids and single adults. Generally, qualified low income clients receive enough free food and groceries to provide three meals for three days, based on their income as well as household size. Service is limited to two visits per month per family.
  • Free home repairs, including weatherization, fix to a window or energy saving updates, will be made too. The non-profit will fix a roof, repair a furnace, and otherwise help save money on utility bills. These will be free to the low-income, including from volunteer handymen or women. Find free handyman services near you.




The non-profit is also a great place to call for information and referrals on other government aid. The main location is at 600 Ironwood Dr, Franklin, IN 46131. Phone (317) 736-0755.

Salvation Army Johnson County Corps is a leading social service agency. The corps center will offer emergency financial assistance to eligible persons living in Johnson County. The Social Service Department may offer free food or funds for rent/mortgage, utilities. There are also free holiday programs, including toys from Angel Tree or Thanksgiving meals.

The charity will also offer free clothing, school clothes or supplies, and other basic needs. Location is 325 Market Plaza, Greenwood, IN 46142, call (317) 881-2505. More on Salvation Army assistance in Johnson County IN.

Towns in Johnson County have general assistance funds. Each town in the region offers this. The government may be able to assist persons with some or all of the following. Housing (rent/mortgage); free food; Fuel oil/propane/coal or transportation for work, which will be a repair to a car or gas card. There is also help with burial expenses; clothing; and Work transportation. Medical care may be offered too. While each town offers this, some of the phone numbers to call in Johnson County are below.

  • Pleasant Township Trustee, 70 North Railroad Street, Whiteland, IN 46184, call (317) 535-7571
  • Nineveh Township Trustee, telephone number is (317) 933-2097
  • Franklin Township Trustee, 150 West Jefferson Street, Suite A, Franklin, Indiana 46131, dial (317) 736-7511
  • Union Township Trustee, 1820 North County Road 575 West, Bargersville, IN 46106 call (317) 422-9444

Catholic Charities help migrants, women (including those facing DV in Johnson County) and the poor. The main church is at 114 Lancelot Dr, Franklin, IN 46131. The faith based charity will offer low cost legal aid, free food or baby formula, and help with employment. There is also safe housing, possible emergency motel vouchers and other help, including help getting Section 8 apartments or homes. Call (317) 738-3451, or locate housing choice vouchers from Section 8 near you.





Saint Vincent De Paul Society of Greenwood supports the entire county. Various social services and case management is offered. This includes food, clothing, referrals, and other social aid. Staff and volunteers from the charity may even be able to coordinate shelter or financial aid for bills or rent. Other resources include clothing, a thrift store, and holiday assistance. There will be free furniture vouchers including couches or appliances, clothes for kids or adults and other support. Call (317) 888-2861, or more on assistance from St. Vincent in Johnson County.

DFFR of Johnson County, or Department of Family Resources, provides help with government assistance and benefit programs. There is applications to SNAP food assistance or EBT cards for the low-income. Families in or near poverty will be able to get free health insurance from Hoosier Care (Medicaid) Emergency cash help is also offered to paying for bills, ranging from housing to an electric or gas bills, moving costs and more.

The government agency offers other support. This will be details on assistance for seniors, SSI disability applications or grants, job training and even free or low-cost internet. The main address is 1774 E Jefferson St, Franklin, IN 46131. Call (800) 403-0864, Free high speed cable internet is for kids and adults too, including across the county. More on free internet for a home.

Johnson County IN food banks and pantries

Edinburgh Food Pantry may have food boxes, fruits, frozen foods and more for low income families and children. Location is 110 E Main Cross St, Edinburgh, IN 46124. Phone: (812) 526-5840

Interchurch Food Pantry - Provides free food to eligible persons in need and living in Johnson County Indiana. Any assistance offered is limited to once every 30 days. Address is 211 Commerce Dr, Franklin, IN 46131, call (317) 736-5090

Johnson County Senior Services will help the elderly, adults over 55, and their spouses. Examples of services include meals, transportation, and information on programs such as Medicare. The homebound may also even get home delivered meals. Call (317) 738-4544

Living Bread - Mount Pleasant Christian Church runs a food pantry and distribution center for individuals in need from Johnson County and surrounding areas. Location is 755 North Bluff Road, Greenwood, IN 46142, call (317) 889-9650

Saints Francis and Clare is a local food bank. The non-profit welcomes canned food and monetary donations for the pantry. Families can only use the center once per month. 5901 West Olive Branch Road, Greenwood, Indiana 46143, call (317) 859-4673

The Refuge food pantry - This location may also have clothing or free Christmas assistance, gifts, and meals. (317) 889-7338

Lord's Locker may have housewares, toiletries, diapers (baby and adult), food, paper supplies, clothing, fruits and other resources when available. 101 South Pleasant Street in Trafalgar. (317) 878-7708

Free community medical and dental clinics

Low-income families will get free medical, dental, or insurance too. There are multiple locations and programs available. Both kids and adults will get care, including applications to CHIP, government insurance policies and other benefits. Learn how to get free insurance in Indiana.





Windrose Health Network, Edinburgh Family Health Center is a community clinic that will help patients regardless of their health insurance status or income. Discounted rates may be in place too. Services include the center provides lab work, immunizations, women's and pediatric care. There is a free OB/GYN too.

Low-income patents, and those on Medicare will also get wellness care, treatment of acute and chronic health problems and family planning. The center also accepts Medicare and Medicaid/Hoosier Healthwise and staff can process the paperwork. Free basic dental work in Johnson County is also provided, including root canals, cleanings or dentures. Call (812) 526-9999 for Edinburgh. Another location is at 14 Trafalgar Square, Trafalgar, IN 46181. Dial (317) 878-2301

Saint Thomas Medical Clinic helps low income and uninsured adults. Nurses, physicians, dietitians, social workers, nurse practitioners, chaplains and  pharmacists all donate their time and advice. Address is 600 Paul Hand Boulevard, Franklin, Indiana 46131, dial (317) 535-6057 for an appointment.

Several other free health centers are located in the state. Find Indiana free medical clinics.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara














Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site