Indiana free health care community clinics.
Families and individuals can receive free health and medical care from Community Health Centers (CHCs) as well as clinics that are located across the state of Indiana and that may be near you. While the clinics will try to provide their services at no cost or affordable rates to residents, some individuals may need to contribute towards their medical bills if their income meets certain thresholds. Low income patients, the disabled, elderly and uninsured in Indiana can get free healthcare, vision tests, medications, hearing aids or exams and more. Find free clinics below and a phone number at the bottom of the page for more locations.
Patients of these centers will receive access to health care regardless of their income, race, or background. The clinics are run in partnership with the Indiana Primary Health Care Association. Find the location and name of a clinic in your town or city below, and call them to make an appointment for free medical care, prescription assistance, physicals, prescription drug help, diabetes care or insulin and other aid. While the resources available at each location will vary, some will offer vision care, wellness checks, flu shops, and basic check ups. Many clinics will be able to provide specialty referral if needed.
Each county in Indiana also has various other financial, medical, and general assistance programs available, including ambulance bill help. Some of the medical centers will have a social service department or they may be able to provide referrals to these. Feel free to ask them for other support or referrals as well for help with health and medical care, energy bills, and other expenses. There is also a referral phone number at the bottom of this page for information on other free community clinics that may be near you in Indiana.
Local Indiana community clinics
Find information and phone numbers of community clinics and health care centers that cover your city or county, and that are specific to those locations. Free programs and medical services may be offered to qualified Indiana families from the clinics.
Neighbhorhood Health Clinics, Inc.
1717 S. Calhoun Street
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802
Basic check ups, information on discounted prescriptions, and diagnostic laboratory and radiological services may be offered.
Hope Community Health Clinic (Windrose Health Network)
Main address is 543 Washington Street
Hope, IN 47246
Dial (812) 546-6000 for intake.
Boone County Community Clinic
404 W. Camp Street
Lebanon, IN 46052
Offers free medical services, prescriptions, immunizations, eye tests and charitable aid to Indiana patients. Volunteer doctors as well as nurses and other professionals help the low income and uninsured.
North Central Nursing Clinics
901 Prince William, PO Box 597
Delphi, IN 46923
Telephone - (765) 564-3016
General medicine, screenings, and other assistance is administered.
Cass County Community Health Center - (Indiana Health Centers)
1700 Dividend Drive
Logansport, Indiana 46947
Main phone (219) 722-7407
A federal qualified community clinic.
Family Health Center of Clark County
1319 Duncan Avenue
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
(812) 283-2308 or call 812-283-2308
Clay City Center for Family Medicine
Clay City, IN 47841
Clinton Cty WIC Program
2120 Washington Avenue
Frankfort, IN 46041
Patoka Family Health Center
P.O. Box 168
Eckerty, IN 47116
Main number - (812) 849-4475
Clients include the low income people, people who are homeless or uninsured/underinsured. Immunizations, check ups, referrals to specialists and local dentists can be obtained.
Daviess County Family Health Clinic
415 West Walnut Street
Washington, Indiana 47501
There are multiple free clinics and federally qualified health care centers. They offer a broad range of primary, pediatric, family planning and preventative health care services at affordable rates, based on income. There are eye tests, drug testings, STD checks, preventative care, x-rays and more.
- Open Door Health Services, 905 S. Walnut Street, Muncie, IN 47302. Phone (765) 286-7000 or 765-747-2971.
- Another Clinic address: 3715 S. Muncie Street, Muncie, IN 47302. Call (765) 747-2936 or 765-747-2971.
- Family Planning Clinic is at 806 W. Jackson Street, Muncie, IN 47302. Dial the health center at (765) 281-4263
- Southway Urgent Care focuses on emergency assistance, surgery, and crisis for the low income and uninsured. It is at 3809 S. Muncie Street, Muncie, IN 47302. Call 765-747-2971
Multiple clinics and health centers. Even get information on applying for Medicaid, Medicare, or Affordable Care Act (obamacare) health insurance plans.
- Heart City Health Center, 236 Simpson Avenue, Elkhart, Indiana 46516. Call (574) 293-0052.
- Maple City Health is at 213 Middlebury Street, Goshen, Indiana 46526. Phone (219) 534-3300
Family Health Center of Floyd County
1917 Bono Road
New Albany, IN 47150
Telephone number is (812) 941-1701
Tulip Tree Health Services of Gibson County
123 North McCreary Street
Fort Branch, IN 47648
Indiana Health Center at Marion
923 South Nebraska Street
Marion, IN 46923
Phone - (765) 664-7492
Hamilton County WIC Program
Location - 942 N Tenth Street
Noblesville, Indiana 46060
Main phone number is (317) 776-3445
Family Health Center of Harrison County
Corydon, IN 47112
Knightstown Health Care Center
437 North McCullum Street
Knightstown, IN 46148
- Healthy Children, Healthy Teens, 117 W Sycamore, Kokomo, Indiana 46901. Call (765) 854-2440. Health physicals, CHIP health insurance enrollment, vaccinations and other assistance programs for teen medical care.
- Indiana Health Center at Kokomo is at 3118 S. LaFountain Street, Kokomo, Indiana 46902. Phone number - (765) 864-4160
Community Health Center of Jackson County - (Indiana Health Centers)
113 Chestnut Street
Seymour, Indiana 47274
(812) 524-8388 or 317-576-1335
The community clinic can offer non-emergency, outpatient medical services. Referrals may be offered for dental, mental health and pharmacy services in the region or state.
Get affordable or free non-emergency, outpatient medical services. Doctors may offer physical exams, health risk screenings, preventative health services, defibrillator & pacemaker clinic, diabetic services, and other support.
- Trafalgar Family Health Center - (Windrose Health Network), 14 Trafalgar Square, Trafalgar, IN 46181. Call (317) 878-2301 or 317-878-2301 x106
- Another option in Johnson County is the Edinburgh/Trafalgar Family Health Center, 911 East Main Cross Street. Edinburgh, IN 46124-1501. Dial - (812) 526-4909
A number of medical clinics, hospitals and other assistance programs are offered. Clients range from seniors to the disabled, low income, single moms and others. Get preventive health care services, cancer check ups, insulin and other help. A Federally Qualified Health Center. The not for profit, its medical professionals, doctors, and dentists provide low cost care to income qualified families.
- Catherine McAuley Clinic, 5514 Hohman Avenue, Hammond, IN 46320. Call (219) 933-2074
- Healthy Lifestyles CHC, 1313 West Chicago Avenue, East Chicago, IN 46312. Phone (219) 392-4966
- Community HealthNet at Gary is at 1021 W. 5th Avenue, Gary, IN 46402. Call (219) 880-1190. The free or low cost clinic provides Internal Medicine, Orthopaedics, and Walk in Care to the low income and uninsured.
- NorthShore Health Center - Lake Station - 2490 Central Avenue, Lake Station, IN 46405 or 3099 Central Avenue, Lake Station, IN 46405.
LaPorte Dental Clinic and Community Health Center
Clinic address is 400 Teegarden Street
LaPorte, Indiana 46350
Dial (219) 326-1943
- Or try HealthLinc - Michigan City Health Center, 710 Franklin Street, Michigan City, IN 46360. Telephone number - (219) 872-6200
Community Health and Wellness Clinic
2415 Mitchell Road
Bedford, IN 47421
- Madison County Community Health Center, 1547 Ohio Avenue, Anderson, IN 46015. Call (765) 641-7499 or 765-641-0255 x241
- Another option is at Northern Elwood Center, which is part of the(Madison County Community Health Center, 1817 1/2 South A Street, Elwood, IN 46036. Phone (765) 552-0841 or 765-641-0255 x241.
- Open Door Health Services Family Planning Clinic is at 215 W. 2525 E. 10th Street, Anderson, IN. Call (765) 641-1185
There are numerous free or low cost community clinics, charitable hospitals, prescription assistance programs, and other resources offered. They give financial assistance as well as affordable, or free, medical care to the low income, disabled, poor, and uninsured. Charitable resources help patients pay their bills or debts too. Children and teens can get help too. Or locate other resources, such as resources to settle medical debts.
Services include some or all of the following. Free hearing and/or vision testing along with glasses or hearing aid. Prostate or breast cancer screening as well as heart testing, EKGs, and surgeries. Screenings for sexually transmitted diseases and HIV, mental health counseling, free pregnancy testing, and general health (primary) care and so much more.
- Barton Health Center - (Citizens Health Center), Location is 501 N. East Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Phone (317) 637-3449. The non-profit center may offer prenatal care, check ups, primary care, well and sick child services. Nurses on site may provide school and work physicals to Indianapolis area children.
- Blackburn Health Center - (Wishard), 2700 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46208. Dial (317) 921-9589
- Care Center at the Tower - (HealthNet), 1633 N. Capital Avenue, Suite #500, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202. Phone (317) 962-5014
- Citizens Health Center, Inc., 1650 N. College Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46203. Call (317) 924-6351 for hours
- Countyline Family Health Center (Windrose Health Network), 8404 Siear Terrace, Ste. 208, Indianapolis, IN 46227. Telephone is (317) 534-4660
- Cottage Corner Health Center (Wishard), 1434 Shelby Street, Indianapolis, IN 46203. Phone (317) 655-3200. Call for hours or to schedule an appointment.
- Forest Manor Health Center (Wishard), 3840 N. Sherman Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46226, call (317) 541-3400
- Grassy Creek Health Center, 9443 E. 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46235. Phone (317) 890-2100
- Jane Pauley Community Health Center, 8931 E. 30th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46219. Phone (317) 355-8704. The center may offer some form of free, charity care. Seniors can also use the center and it accepts Medicare.
- Martindale-Brightwood Health Center (HealthNet), 2855 N. Keystone Ave., Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46218. Telephone - (317) 920-5760
- North Arlington Health Center, Address is 2505 N. Arlington Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46218. Phone (317) 554-5200. The location has a sliding fee scale is in place. Check ups, family care, and information om prescription medications is available. Private insurance and Medicaid is available as a form of payment..
- Pecar Health Center (Wishard), Address: 6940 N. Michigan Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46268, Telephone - (317) 259-8845
- Pediatric & Adolescent Care Center is part of HealthNet, 1633 North Capitol Avenue, Suite 236, Indianapolis, IN 46260. Telephone number - (317) 962-8067
- People’s Health and Dental Center, Location is 2340 E. 10th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46203. Telephone - (317) 633-7364. The less fortunate may qualify for assistance with their dental needs. This can include check ups, cleanings, extractions, and preventative care.
- Raphael Health Center is at 401 E. 34th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46205, Call (317) 926-1507. Some referrals to low cost dental care, cleanings and more is available.
- St. Francis Neighborhood Health Center is at 234 E. Southern Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46225. Call (317) 781-9669
- Shalom Health Care Center, Inc., 3400 Lafayette Rd., Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46222, phone (317) 291-7422
- Southwest Health Center of HealthNet, 2202 W. Morris Street, Indianapolis, IN 46221. Call (317) 488-2020. Or dial 317-488-2021
- Southwest OB/GYN Annex is at 1621 West Howard Street, Indianapolis, IN 46221, call (317) 488-2063
- Westside Health Center, 2732 W. Michigan, Indianapolis, IN 46222. Phone (317) 554-4600
- Wishard Primary Care Center address is 1002 Wishard Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46202, Call the center at (317) 692-2323. Some emergency health care services are offered.
Martin County Health Center
250 High Street
Shoals, Indiana 47581
Dial (812) 247-2733 for outreach or referrals services.
Community Health Center of Miami County - (Indiana Health Centers)
Address of the center 1694 W Logansport Road
Peru, Indiana 46970
Phone number - (765) 472-2519
Volunteers in Medicine of Monroe County. Call them for free medical and health care.
333 East Miller Drive
Bloomington, IN 47401
Rising Sun Medical Center
230 Sixth Street
Rising Sun, Indiana 47040
Income qualified patients may receive physical examinations, immunizations, and other medical attention.
Johnson Nichols Health Clinic
911 West Hillside
Spencer, IN 47460
Family Health & Help Center is a free medical clinic for the low income and uninsured.
109 S. Jefferson Street
Rockville, IN 47872
Primary and preventive health care services, Pharmaceutical vouchers, pediatric and geriatric care, family planning, health education classes and other assistance is given.
Petersburg Medical Clinic
Main address - 611 Main Street
Petersburg, Indiana 47567
Telephone number is (812) 354-6666
Several government qualified health care centers-clinics are offered. These are sliding fee centers. They also accept Medicaid or Medicare. Get help such as dental screens, immunizations, Dermatology, health specialists, Pediatric, social services and other support. A sliding fee discount clinic to help uninsured or low income patients pay their bills.
- HealthLinc, 454 S. College Avenue, Valparaiso, IN 46383. Telephone - (219) 462-7173
- HealthLinc - Porter-Starke Services is at 2301 Cumberland Drive, Valparaiso, IN 46383. Call (219) 462-7173
- The Stacy McKay Health & Education Center of Northshore Health Centers, 6450 U.S. Highway 6
Portage, IN 46268. Call (219) 763-8112
- Scottsdale Facility is at Northshore Health Centers, 3564 Scottsdale St., Portage, Indiana 46268. Phone Phone - (219) 764-5301
Monterey Community Health Services
6194 E. Main Street
Monterey, Indiana 46960
Family Health Center of Winchester
409 Greenville Avenue
Winchester, Indiana 47394
Family Health Services
509 Harcourt Way
Rushville, IN 46173
Dial (765) 932-3699
Programs offer pediatrics, home health, family planning, and an on site lab.
St. Joseph County
Free medical care such as chronic disease management, treatment of illness, diagnosis, vision care, referrals to affordable hospitals and other care is provided by the free community clinics in the county. They also help college students too.
- Health Family Center, 201 Lincolnway West, Mishawaka, IN 46544. Call (574) 252-3699
- Indiana Health Center at South Bend, 1901 Western Ave., Suite #B, South Bend, IN 46619. Call (574) 234-9033 or 317-576-1335
- Indiana Health Center Project Homecoming - 701 S. Main Street, South Bend, IN 46601. Phone (574) 235-7990
- Memorial Neighborhood Health Center (Southeast Clinic), 1708 South High Street, South Bend, IN 46613. Phone (574) 237-6640
- Memorial Neighborhood Health Center (Central Clinic). 813 S. Michigan Street, South Bend, IN 48613. The Indiana clinic offers health screenings, pediatric care and general medicine. Some very low income or indigent patients will receive free care.
HealthLinc - Starke Cty. Satellite Site
104 E. Culver Road, Ste 100
Knox, IN 46534
Switzerland County Nurse Managed Clinic
727 Hwy. 56, Suite 300
Vevay, IN 47043
Telephone - (812) 427-4038
Riggs Community Health Center
1716 Hartford Street
Lafayette, Indiana 47904
Main phone number is (765) 742-1567 or 765-429-2734
Tipton County WIC Program
116 S. Main Street, Ste. E
Tipton, IN 46072
The focus of the center is on preventive health care services such as treatment for medical problems, flue shots, care for children, and pro-active check ups. Volunteers nurses and doctors are on site too.
- ECHO Community Health Care, Location - 501 John Street, Suite 12, Evansville, Indiana 47713. Phone (812) 421-7489 or dial 812-436-0214
- ECHO Community Health Care is also at 25 W. Division Street, Evansville, IN 47710. Call (812) 436-4501. Or call 812-436-0214
- ECHO Sue Woodson Memorial Site, 907 SE 8th Street, Evansville, IN 47713. Telephone: (812) 436-0224. The Federal qualified medical center offers psychosocial services, check ups, podiatry care, check ups for the family, and pulmonary medicine, among other programs.
Cayuga Community Health Center
(Vermillion Parke Community Health Center)
114 North Division Street
Cayuga, IN 47842
Vermillion Parke Community Health Center
Address: 777 South Main Street, Suite 100
Clinton, Indiana 47842
Main phone - (765) 828-1003
Wayne County Health Department
Location of the center - 201 E. Main Street
Richmond, IN 47374
Call - (765) 973-9245
North Central Nursing Clinics
Address - 420 W. Market
Monon, Indiana 47959
NORTH CLARK SATELLITE CLINIC
240 Harrison St.
Charlestown, IN 47111-1206
VERMILLION-PARKE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
777 S. Main St. Ste 200
Clinton, IN 47842-3008
Phone number - 765-828-1006
EAST CHICAGO COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, INC.
100 W. Chicago Ave.
East Chicago, IN 46312-3260
Healthy Lifestyls Community Health Center
1313 W. Chicago Ave.
East Chicago, IN 46312-3316
HEART CITY HEALTH CENTER
236 Simpson Ave.
Elkhart, Indiana 46516-4671
Call for free medical care - 574-293-0052 x233
PARK CENTER INC.
909 E. State Blvd.
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805-3404
Call 260-458-2644 for intake
Vision testing, obstetrics, immunizations, and other care is available from the Indiana center. Basic check ups, referrals, Pediatrics, and more is available. Some health care is available for reduced rates to those that qualify.
NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CLINICS, INC.
1717 S. Calhoun St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802-5257
HOPE FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
Address: 543 Washington St.
Hope, Indiana 47246-1217
Non-emergency medical care is provided. Some prescriptions may be offered for life threatening conditions.
BARRINGTON HEALTH CENTER
3401 E. Raymond St.
Indianapolis, IN 46203-4744
BARTON ANNEX CLINIC
501 N. East St.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-1632
The community clinic provides well-child check-ups, free or low cost primary and preventive health care services such as treatment for medical problems, immunizations, lab work, prenatal care, cancer screening. There may be occasional dental exams and services administered as well.
SOUTHWEST OB ANNEX
1621 Howard St.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46221-1623
Location - 2400 N. Tibbs Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46222-2458
245 N. Delaware St.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2137
The very low income and homeless in the city may qualify for assistance at this clinic.
Location is 21 N. Rural St.
Indianapolis, IN 46201-3207
2855 N. Keystone Ave. Ste 100
Indianapolis, Indiana 46218-2790
PEOPLES HEALTH CENTER
2340 E. 10th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46201-2008
CITIZENS AMBULATORY HEALTH CENTER
1650 N. College Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46202-1715
RAPHAEL HEALTH CENTER
401 E. 34th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46205-3754
INTERFAITH HOSPITALITY NETWORK
520 E. 12th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202-2630
SHALOM PRIMARY CARE CENTER
3400 Lafayette Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46222-1146
Rivera Health Center
3099 Central Ave.
Lake Station, Indiana 46405-2207
Hearing and vision tests, lab testing, and more is offered from health specialists.
INDIANA HEALTH CENTER AT MARION
925 S. Nebraska St.
Marion, IN 46953-1874
Services include immunizations, prescription drug medication, referrals to hospitals, and laboratory assistance. Other health care may include breast and cervical cancer screenings.
Scottsdale Health Center
3564 Scottsdale St.
Portage, Indiana 46368-5420
HILLTOP COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Main address 454 College Ave.
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383-6512
Dial - 219-462-7173
Details on other community clinics in Indiana
Individuals can also dial 317.630.0845 for a listing of other non-profit and free or low cost community clinics that operate in Indiana. Numerous medical and dental services are offered.