Hillsboro area rent assistance.

Hillsboro and Washington County Oregon are served by several rental assistance programs and services. If you need help with paying rent or meeting your housing needs, find information on who to call and where to look. Various agencies and programs offer eviction prevention services or other programs to help with other housing needs.

Emergency rent, low income housing, and other resources are offered to low income residents as well as anyone who may be facing eviction from their home or apartment, provided they meet criteria and eligibility. Thousands of Hillsboro Oregon area families receive some form of financial and/or rent assistance every year from the non-profit organizations and other agencies. In addition, many locations partner with federal government programs such as Section 8 housing, Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing, or they may work closely with state of Oregon housing and rent assistance programs.

Community Action – This may be the leading not-for profit organization to call for help in Washington County Oregon region. They offer a number of services to the low income, people facing poverty, and working poor. The assistance programs try to help individuals meet short term needs, like rent and housing help, and find and access longer term housing solutions. Call or stop by at the Hillsboro and Washington County Oregon community action agency to learn about emergency rent and housing assistance.

The other phone numbers to call include Housing and Homeless Services (503) 640-3263 as well as a number dedicated to offering Emergency Rent Assistance: (503) 615-0771. Get information and referral for all renter resources, emergency rent vouchers, etc. 1001 SW Baseline Street, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123, Phone number - (503) 648-6646.




Care to Share – If you have an eviction notice, or disconnect notice for your utilities, emergency assistance may be available. Address is 17175 TV Hwy C2, Aloha, Oregon 97006. Dial 503-591-9025.

In order to apply for help, some conditions that need to be met, include, but are not limited to, the applicant needs to have someone laid off or fired, death in the family, domestic violence at residence, or a medical emergency. The program serves the eastern part of Washington County. The non-profit organization provides and coordinates short-term emergency services, including rent assistance programs, to low income and needy residents of E. Washington County, Oregon. Food, rent help, energy bills, and other housing and homeless prevention aid.





Fair Housing Council of Oregon – Deals more with housing discrimination, but can be a resource for other information too, including on loans for bills or rent. 506 SW 6th Ave. Telephone 800-424-3247

Washington County Veterans Service Office, which is located in Hillsboro Oregon on 5240 NE Elam Young Parkway and can be reached at (503) 846-3060, supports veterans their families with back rent to stop an eviction. The government agency offers help for bills, such as electric, and may have funds to help the low income meet their housing needs. There may also be short term grants arranged for security deposits, home repairs, and no interest loans for rental expenses.

St Francis Social Action – While they do not directly provide rent or utility bill assistance, they do work with qualified clients to help them find other resources. They can offer referrals to rental and utility programs. They also have a homeless shelter, free weekly dinner and clothes closet, and more. 15659 SW Oregon Street, Sherwood, Oregon 97140. Phone (503) 625-7067

Washington County Oregon Housing Services -  This government affiliated agency may be able to provide housing/rent assistance and affordable rental opportunities for low-income families in Washington County Oregon. In addition, apply for Oregon Section 8 vouchers as well as public housing programs. Address is 111 NE Lincoln, Ste 200-L, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124 phone 503-846-4794.




Washington County Oregon Office of Community Development (phone (503) 846-8663) administers the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. It can provide security deposits, help for rent, and other housing aid, even including debt reduction to help people get back on track. Read more eviction and rehousing in Washington County.

St Alexander Catholic Church – Get help with bills and rent, up to at most once every 6 months. Dial 503-359-0304. 170 N 10th Avenue, Cornelius, Oregon 97113.


By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy