Harrison County West Virginia assistance programs.
Find how to get help with rent, utilities, free food, and debt assistance in Clarksburg and Harrison County West Virginia. Non-profits, charities, and organizations provide assistance.
CRISS CROSS Information & Referral Service - Residents of Harrison County may be able to access emergency financial assistance for utility service termination. Other forms of help offered include prescription assistance, free food and referrals to food pantries in Harrison County. The agency is located in Clarksburg, and it also provides Information & Referral service to other government programs and non-profits. Call (800) 410-3734. For example, learn about nation debt and credit counseling agencies. Learn more.
Harrison County DHHR is the local government agency that provides information on grant programs and may have some limited financial assistance offered. Some of the services include Emergency Assistance, Prescription Assistance and Rental Assistance, Food Stamps and more. Call (304) 627-2295
Clarksburg and Harrison County is served by the Central West Virginia Community Action Association, Inc. Phone 304-622-8495. Assistance programs offered to low income, the unemployed, and working poor include the following.
- Infant and baby assistance - Service offered include baby food, juices, formula, free diapers, and wipes to infants and children up to age five. In addition, personal care kits, clothing, and nursery items are also distributed under this particular program.
- Housing, mortgage, and foreclosure - Housing counselors can help homeowners deal with credit and debt problems, mortgage delinquencies, foreclosure issues, and help people get financing.
- Winter heating and summer cooling bills - The agency administers the Low Income Energy Assistance Program. The program assist families with paying for summer air conditioning bills and home heating costs: i.e. gas, wood, coal, propane and electric. This utility assistance program also eliminates reconnection fees.
- Food assistance - The Temporary Emergency Food Assistance Program may be able to provide families and individuals with groceries and foods once every 90 days to help supplement the family's food budget.
- Job assistance - Get help finding a job. Get your resume reviewed, and locate job finding services.
Call the Central West Virginia Community Action Association, Inc. at 304-622-8495
Clarksburg Area Utility Assist - This organization can offer utility assistance in the Clarksburg West Virginia area. Information on Low Income Legal Counsel for Utility Assistance is (304) 623-6649 for the Clarksburg/Fairmont area.
Salvation Army of Harrison County (phone (304) 622-2360) runs a food bank. This has free groceries as well as Christmas meals and toys. There is also grants used for Emergency Financial Assistance, clothing, holiday assistance, counseling and other aid.
Some programs operate year round, others (such as Angel Tree and back to school supplies) are seasonal. The non-profit will also direct families to shelters, government benefits, security deposit programs, and other aid. More Salvation Army Clarksburg assistance programs.
Food aid in Harrison County
Emergency Infant Foods Program - Harrison - They run a feeding program that is involved in serving infants from birth to age 5 years. Offering free baby food, formula, diapers and clothing to those children in an emergency situations. Clarksburg, WV. (304) 622-8495