latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rental assistance Green Bay and Brown County.

Assistance available for rental expenses in the Green Bay region can be provided in the form of vouchers or direct financial aid. The terms and conditions of any charity, church or government assistance program will vary based on many factors, including whether the tenant has an eviction notice and their total household income. In some cases, a grant is issued for helping with rent or a security deposit, and in other instance the family is refereed to free legal aid or mediation.

Priority for any rent assistance will usually be for Brown County families on the verge of homelessness. Any financial aid or section 8 HUD voucher will also be combined with case management and a long term solution, such as maybe placement onto the government funded section 8 housing list. While not as common, some individuals can also apply for security deposit help or funds for a first months rent payment. So many resources are available.

How to get help with rental payment in Brown County WI

De Pere Christian Outreach Center
Address is 506 Butler Street
De Pere, Wisconsin 54115
Dial (920) 339-1060
Volunteers from the non-profit will help clients apply for vouchers for a portion of a back rent payment. Both in office as well as home.

Center For Veterans - Supportive Services For Veteran Families
Address: 201 West Walnut Street
Green Bay, WI 54303
Main phone - (920) 435-1965
Homeless veterans, or those threatened with an eviction, can apply for a government grant for their rent. If the veteran needs a place to live in Brown County, then money may be offered for security or utility deposits, moving costs, and they can also get help in locating an apartment.

Forward Service Corporation
701 Cherry Street
Green Bay, WI 54301
Telephone - (920) 448-6760
Supportive Housing can provide emergency rent assistance. Applicants need to be currently in a shelter or transitional housing. They also offer loans for expenses and subsidized rental housing for the disabled and seniors.




Integrated Community Solutions - Housing Choice Voucher Program
2605 South Oneida Street Suite 106
Green Bay, WI 54304
(920) 498-3737
Applications to section 8 can be processed, when the waiting list is open. Case management, job placement, budgeting, and other services are arranged too.

Society Of St Vincent De Paul - Personal Service Center
Main address is 1529 Leo Frigo Way
Green Bay, WI 54302
Phone: (920) 432-2579
A thrift store has furniture, clothing, and more. After all resources are used, the charity may offer rental assistance up to once per year. They focus on tenants with a pay or quit notice. Partial funds for first rent payment is offered too by this church agency.

Green Bay Housing Authority administers section 8 HCV vouchers, public housing, and rent subsidized homes and apartments. The HUD office is at 1424 Admiral Ct, Green Bay, WI 54303. Most of the section 8 program is for very low income families, senior citizens, the disabled and poor. Vouchers can help them pay some of their rent. Call (920) 492-3790.

The Brown County Community Action Agency (NEWCAP) offers housing resources. ESG grants for rent, permanent housing, eviction defense support, job programs and other assistance is given. A goal is on homeless prevention and rehousing. More on NEWCAP rental assistance.

The Salvation Army
626 Union Court
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54303
Telephone - (920) 593-2376
For an appointment, dial (920) 497-7053
Various social services are available in Brown County. Find money for paying back rent, free furniture for an apartment, and financial help with deposits/first months rent when moving out of a shelter. More on Salvation Army in Green Gay.

Legal Action Of Brown County Wisconsin
201 West Walnut Street Suite 203
Green Bay, WI 54303
Telephone - (920) 432-4645
Attorneys offer advice to low income families. Get assistance in applying for government aid or grants such as section 8, support on housing discrimination, eviction help, and more.





Ribbon Of Hope Foundation Incorporated
Main address is 421 George St. #199
De Pere, Wisconsin 54115
Phone - (920) 339-9300
They only support women with cancer.

Reedom House Ministries
2997 Saint Anthony Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311
(920) 432-4646
Shelter and transitional housing is for families, including those with children.

Second Office of Forward Service Corporation
Address is 725 Pine Street
Green Bay, WI 54301
Up to $500 for rent or utilities; not both. The Emergency Assistance program (EA) offers grants for housing needs in a crisis. The funds can pay security deposits, back rent, heating, or energy bills. There is also Eviction Prevention, and advice on Tenant/Landlord Rights.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site