Fairfax emergency assistance.

Get information on emergency financial assistance programs in Fairfax County Virginia from Coordinated Services Planning (CSP). The government funded social services agency offers referrals, assistance in applying for aid, and in some instances the organization may also provide extensive case management and support to families who are in a crisis.

The organizations primary focus is on distributing information. They offer referral, information, advocacy, and linkage to government, public and private human services and charities. All referrals provided by CSP will offer Fairfax County residents with various services and programs that can help them pay bills, obtain food and housing, and more. Through a wide range of partnerships with community-based non-profit organizations and other Fairfax County agencies, they can refer individuals to resources such as those below. Call Coordinated Services Planning at 703-324-7329 to speak to a social worker and to get referrals or help in applying for aid.

Grants and financial assistance – Apply for mortgage or rent assistance to prevent foreclosures or evictions, utility payments to prevent disconnection, security deposit assistance to secure permanent housing, prescription drug assistance, and other special needs. Any financial assistance or grants provided will be determined on a case-by-case basis and funds are generally only available once a year to the needy in Fairfax County.

Basic Needs – Access and find furniture, emergency food, shelter, holiday meals, clothing, and even get transportation to medical appointments.

Free or low cost health care services - The Coordinated Services Planning organization can help people complete enrollment forms or provide referrals to free health and dental clinics. For example, get assistance with enrollment to the Northern Virginia Free Dental Clinic. Social workers from Fairfax County can also provide referrals for other health care services, such as dental, eye glasses, hearing aids, Medicaid, general medical care, family planning, and pregnancy.

General referrals to resources and services – Social workers from CSP have extensive knowledge of a number of resources that may be available to meet the needs of low income and struggling Fairfax County residents. For example, they run the Human Services Resource Guide, which is a database that contains detailed information on non-profit agencies and other government funded and private resources that are available to Fairfax County residents, regardless of where they live. The guide can refer people to assistance for rent, health care bills, and electricity too.





Also, all of the services are available in multiple languages through the use of interpreter services, including Arabic, Bangla, Creole, Farsi, French, Hindi, Korean, Punjabi, Somali, Spanish, Urdu, and Vietnamese.

When you call the Fairfax County Coordinated Services Planning number, a county social worker will listen to your situation, and they will also provide individuals with the information that they are seeking. Specifically, they do one or more of the following.

Case workers can offer assistance with completing Public Housing as well as Section 8 housing voucher applications for low income, elderly, and disabled residents who are unable to do this themselves.

Initial screening and intake can help the low income and needy secure in-home services, financial assistance for bills and housing, nursing home placement, or help in accessing other related services provided by the Fairfax County Department of Family Services Adult Services and Family Preservation Divisions. Programs referred to include Food stamps (SNAP); Child care; Foster and adoptive parenting; Medicaid; Health care for children; Kinship care; Job training; Rent assistance; and Shelters.

Transitional housing and shelter - Screening is offered for families of Fairfax County who are short term housing or shelter placement.




By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy