El Paso County Texas St. Vincent De Paul assistance programs.
When you need help in El Paso Texas, one of the agencies to call is St. Vincent De Paul. They may be able to coordinate assistance with local churches and charity organizations. A number of volunteers and members give back to the less fortunate, and can help people acquire emergency assistance and learn about longer term support.
Most financial assistance is only offered at maximum once per year, and is coordinated by the churches and religious centers below. Services are available for people of all religions, backgrounds, races, and creeds. However funds are limited. Assistance with paying for some basic needs, such as rent, is limited and is optional/determined based on the St. Vincent church in question. Some money for gas, electric, and water bills may be available as well. Most of the aid, whether utilities or housing, is focused on those who are faced with a crisis and who have no other options or programs available to them. The churches in El Paso Texas and the St. Vincent De Paul organizations are listed below by zip code.
Note there are currently over 20 churches that are part of Saint Vincent in El Paso County and the list below continues to change. It is recommended to call a local Catholic Church for referrals.
- Sacred Heart Church, phone 544-4970
- St. Patrick Cathedral covers 79902 zip. 533-4451
- St Joseph's 566-9396 is for zip code of 79903
- Blessed Sacrament, phone 545-4005, supports the needy in 79904 zip code.
- Our Lady of MT Carmel (telephone 545-4223) and Our Lady of the Valley (859-7939) both cover 79907.
- Queen of Peace, zip code 79912. Phone number is 545-4097
- Zip code – 79912. St. Luke's Parish. Call 545-4053.
- St. Matthew. Call 545-4263. Zip code 79922.
- Christ the Savior, dial 545-4079
- St. Raphael 545-4025. Zip code is 79925
- Zip code of 79930 is supported by Our Lady of Assumption (545-4279) and Our Lady of Guadalupe 562-4304
- Saint Thomas Aquinas 545-4008
- Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini (545-4217) and San Juan Diego (dial 248-6785) both cover zip code of 79938.
- Saint Mark of zip code 79936. Phone 545-4252.
- St. Stephen. If you are in zip code 79936, call 855-1661.
- St Patrick's Canutillo, telephone 545-4278. Supports the low income in zip code 79835.
El Paso St. Vincent Food Pantry – Families and individuals of all backgrounds need food for many reasons and they may be struggling to meet that need and provide for their family. High jobless rates, escalating gasoline expenses, and expensive rent and housing (among other reasons) are making it difficult for many El Paso Texas families to pay the bills and make ends meet. In most people's budget, unfortunately food dollars are the last dollars spent, as many try to pay the rent, prescriptions, or utilities first. Then, if any other crisis comes up many people will not have enough to buy the groceries and food items they need.
So this is where the food bank/pantry can help. Canned items, groceries, emergency food boxes, formula, and much more may be available on location. The main center is at St. Patrick's Church, 6950 3rd St, Canutillo, Texas, 79835-5477, dial (915) 877-7030. The churches and St. Vincent agency always appreciates contributions too. Donations of nonperishable and canned food are always needed. The pantry is open limited hours.
Thrift stores are located in the region. Regardless of your income, all are welcome to come to take advantage of the daily specials and discounts. Note these stores do not provide direct assistance. The stores have a wide selection of items available, such as clothes, household items, furniture, collectibles, jewelry, electronics, and used-books for sale at mostly affordable prices.
Charities and St. Vincent members try their best to keep everything well-organized, stocked and clean in the centers. The El Paso Texas St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store Locations are at 2104 N. Piedras, El Paso, Texas 79930 (915) 564-4357, 14523 Van Lane, El Paso, TX 79938 (915) 248-6785, and 6950 3rd Street, Canutillo, Texas 79835 (915) 877-7030.