Edgecombe County assistance programs.
Edgecombe County North Carolina is usually supported by charities, non-profits, and government programs that also support neighboring areas and counties. Below you will find an extensive listing of ways to get help with rent, bills, food, medical care, and other services.
The local Salvation Army may be able to provides the working poor, unemployed, and others with limited amounts of emergency financial assistance including free food, funds for paying energy bills and utilities, rental assistance, slightly used or new clothing, medication, vouchers for other items too. Call (252) 446-4496.
The Rocky Mount area of Edgecombe County North Carolina is supported by Christ Centered Assistance Network (Christ CAN). Assistance is offered for the very low income, or if you have a tremendous need for help. The center offers household goods, Christian guidance, network persons to community resources as well as government programs and charities, provides assistance with clothing, cash for paying rent and utilities, and advice and help in applying for Medlink services and health care programs. A specialist can even offer support for other medical needs, such as information on non-profit medical bill help. Call (252) 442-0887.
EBC-ATOM, Inc. May be able to offer assistance. There are strict income limits, and programs are available for the needy to help with low to moderate-income housing, to provide funds for assistance with paying utility and summer cooling bills, and they agency can provide free food and groceries for the hungry in the Edgecombe County areas. (252) 446-2378
Helping Hands Mission - The non-profit offers emergency financial assistance for expenses such as medicine and utilities. Other aid can provide free food and clothing, and others forms of financial and non-monetary assistance for people stranded in the city of Rocky Mount. (252) 977-0031
The local community action agency is the Edgecombe Economic Development Inc. Call them at (252) 442-8081. The social services and resources offered for the working poor and people in poverty include.
- Section 8 housing - This low income housing program was designed to create affordable housing choices for low-income families. They will need to pay at most 30% of their income towards their rent. Clients of the housing program are able to choose from many housing united, including privately owned townhouses, rental housing, including single-family homes, and apartments.
- Food - The United States Department of Agriculture provides food to the community action agency, that is then distributed to the needy in the community. Receive delicious, nutritious meals, including dinner, breakfast, and lunch.
- Head Start - The federal government education and social services program provides preschool children with access to education that meets nationally recognized standards. It also offers healthy, nutritious meals and snacks to the low income. Last, but not least, learn about a variety of health and NC dental programs, including full services for children with disabilities. Head Start also provides family advocates to work with parents and the counselors can even assist them in finding and using community resources and government programs.
- For more information on their services, including referrals to grant programs, click more information.
Edgecombe County - United States Department of Housing and Urban Development administers low income housing and rental subsidies from section 8 housing vouchers. Get information on low income apartments and even home buying programs. (336) 547-4000
Project Hope is a charity that offer a few forms of assistance. Funds may be offered for paying rent, utility bills, or security deposits. Free food, clothing, and holiday meals may be served as well to struggling families. Or get referrals to loan programs or benefits such as food stamps. 209 South Grace Street, Rocky Mount, NC 27802, (252) 985-1041
Tarboro Community Outreach, Inc. – They are part of the Emergency Food & Shelter Program. Some rent, mortgage, and utility bill grants may be offered in order to prevent or reverse homelessness. Other resources include shelter, food, and groceries. Case managers work to prevent evictions. The address is 701 Cedar Lane. Dial (252) 823-8801.
Churches in Edgecombe County can help people that live in the parish. The assistance is very short term in nature. Some churches, such as St. Vincent de Paul, may provide a fee hot meal or box of food. Others offer shelter or provide money for rent and other bills. The religious group only focuses on the town where it is located through, and find more information on how to get financial help from a church.
Struggling tenants and the homeless can get help from regional housing and rent assistance programs. Based n funding and income guidelines, Edgecombe County residents may get help with the following.
- Cash grants to pay rent, security deposits, or moving costs.
- Shelter, motel vouchers, and other homeless assistance programs.
- Referrals to section 8 application PHAs, loan programs for paying bills or rent, and support for single mothers.
- Other housing support is available too. Read Edgecombe County rent help.
Edgecombe County medical and dental clinics
If you do not have health pr dental insurance, and also have a limited income, then the Tar River Mission Clinic offers a number of solutions for you and your family. It can provide free medical, dental, and even pharmacy services to low to middle income families in the Tarboro and Edgecombe region. Dial the community clinic at (252) 451-3450.
Medical Clinic of Enfield - Offers to health care services and assistance to low to middle income families, including the uninsured. Patients can dial (252) 445-2332.
Medical Community Clinic of Sharpsburg is located at 9201 County Line Rd. Basic checkups, medications, and assistance is for low to moderate income families. (252) 446-4455.
Bloomer Hill Community Center – Care includes blood pressure, children's sports physicals, , pap test and pregnancy test, physicals, and other checkups. 106 SE Railroad Street, Whitakers, NC 27891. For information, dial (252) 937-6451
Freedom Hill Community Health Center – The clinic will arrange for medical, dental, pharmacy services to low to middle income families as well as the uninsured in Edgecombe. Address is 162 Hwy 33 East, Tarboro, North Carolina 27886. Call (252) 641-0514 for intake.
Many families struggling with paying for dental services as their insurance does not provide it. Residents of Tarboro and the Rocky mount area have other resources available to them for cleanings, including many other local dental clinics.
Food banks and centers
Christian Fellowship Home ((252) 977-1273) is another local food pantry.
Community Chapel Church – Runs a free food pantry in Nashville. Dial (252) 459-9706
Hobgood Citizens Group – Address is 401 Beech St., Tarboro, NC 27886, (252) 826-0970. Offers emergency food boxes, clothing, and basic needs.
New Bethany Holiness Church – They operate a food bank. Groceries, government commodities, formula, and Christmas meals. Rt 1 Box 23x, Pinetops, NC 27864, (252) 757-3800
First Pentecostal Holiness Church Pantry is at 700 Howard Avenue. (252) 985-5918
Visions Community Development of Tarboro runs an emergency pantry. Fruits, perishable items, canned goods, social services and more is offered from the non-profit charity. (252) 824-0777
Willing Workers Miracle Tabernacle Holiness Church – The food distribution center is at 317 Woodland Avenue, Rocky Mount, NC 27801, (252) 977-7680.