latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rocky Mount area rental assistance programs.

Several local non-profits and government affiliated agencies in the Rocky Mount can provide emergency rental assistance. The housing services are wide ranging, and will depend on whether the applicant has a source of income, how far in rent arrears they are, and other factors. Programs may be able to help with the following listed below.

Note that funding is limited, and most of the rent support as well as shelters operate on a first come – served basis. Unfortunately a number of tenants (or the homeless) may be turned away or referred to other local programs in Wilson County or Rocky Mount. This is especially true of applicants with no source of income or no prospects of being able to pay the rent or energy bills on their own in the future.

  • Safe shelter is arranged, especially for children, DV survivors, veterans, and men.
  • Free legal aid and representation in housing court from Wilson and Nash County pro-bono firms can be used to stop evictions.
  • The charities advocate for the homeless and working poor.
  • Referrals are given to other rental assistance programs, ranging from section 8 to federal grants from SSVF or HOWPA.

Project H O P E
Main office: 209 S Grace St.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27804
Phone number is (252) 985-1041
Limited funding may be available in an emergency. Rent, utility bills or security deposits may be paid as part of their housing services.

The Salvation Army - Nash/Edgecombe Counties
420 Paul St
Rocky Mount, NC 27803
Dial (252) 446-4496
The charity provides emergency financial aid for paying rent, shelter needs, or even motel vouchers. There may also be loans provided for paying for housing, including rental costs. Clients in the region range from senior citizens to the working poor.





Wesley Shelter, Inc.
Address: 106 Vance St E
Wilson, NC 27893
Phone: (252) 291-2344
They support Wilson County women and children that are fleeing domestic violence. They also offer support in Spanish. There may be free legal aid, shelters, support groups, and information on emergency rent and financial aid programs.

Wilson County Interfaith Services
209 Douglas St E
Wilson, NC 27893
Phone: 252-291-7278
Homeless men can be placed into transitional housing. Once stable, they may offer free furniture, money for moving costs or a security deposit, and credit counseling.

Tarboro Community Outreach, Inc.
Address - 701 Cedar Ln
Tarboro, North Carolina 27886
Main number is (252) 823-8801
This is a homeless shelter for Edgecombe County individuals or families.

United Community Ministries of  Nash and Edgecombe
Address is 916 Branch St.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27801
Phone: (252) 985-0078
Families can be placed into transitional housing or shelters.




Rocky Mount Housing Authority
Location is 1065 Pinehurst Dr.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27801
Dial the non-profit at (252) 977-3141
They administrate public housing programs, including section 8 HUD vouchers. This is an income subsidized program in which the tenant also needs to contribute some of their income towards their energy as well as rental costs.

Nash-Edgecombe Economic Development
Main address is 200 N Church St.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27804
Phone: (252) 442-8503
Referrals can be given to federal government grant programs, ranging from funds for housing, rent, LIHEAP energy bills, and many others.

Pro-Bono Legal Aid in Rocky Mount NC
148 S Washington St
Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27801
Phone number: (866) 219-5262
Lawyers, paralegals, and attorneys can offer free advice and representation to tenants with a pay or quit notice. Learn about tenant rights and responsibilities, government housing and rent programs, landlord rights, and other support.




By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site