Assistance programs Delaware County Ohio.
Low income families can get emergency financial help in Delaware County Ohio. Find grants to help pay rent, mortgages, utility bills, or security deposits. Or get free food, school supplies, clothes, or Christmas toys from churches or charities in Delaware County Ohio.
There is government assistance to help pay for heating or electric bills as well as free stuff in Delaware Ohio. Or learn about free grant money from LIHEAP near you. Or learn about job placement, transportation, and home buying or mortgage assistance programs in the county.
Emergency financial assistance and social services in Delaware County.
Yet another option for people in need is the Community Action Organization of Delaware County. The address is 555 Sunbury Rd., Delaware, Ohio 43015, dial 740.369.3184. The local community action agency administers several different assistance programs for low income individuals and others in need of help.
- Elderly Home Repair Program - This assistance program provides minor home repair, upgrades and maintenance services to qualified seniors homeowners. While many different upgrades are provided, priority for the program is given to repairs that focus on health and safety of seniors. Locate additional grants to pay for repairs to home.
- Ohio Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) - The primary purpose of the Ohio HWAP program is to assist low-income and other qualified households with the conservation of energy through education and home weatherization services, such as upgrades to their homes.
- Heating and cooling bills - The community action agency coordinates several energy bill assistance programs, including the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) Regular HEAP, Ohio’s Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP), the Summer Cooling Program, and Emergency HEAP.
The Delaware County community action agency is also known as CAODMU. The non-profit provides other services too, ranging from loans to Head Start, homeless prevention or rent help, and referrals to government aid including child care and more. More on Community Action Organization of Delaware.
Another place to turn to is the Delaware County Salvation Army. The Salvation Army provides various programs, but they focus on transitional housing and help ensure people do not get evicted from their current housing. They also offer holiday support (free Christmas gifts) along with free school supplies, case management, clothing, and even financial aid for paying rent or bills. Call the agency at (614) 221-6561, or more on Delaware County Ohio Salvation Army.
People In Need of Delaware County Ohio offers several services and resources to local residents. The programs offered by this agency include :
- Emergency Medical and Dental Assistance
- Eligible families can receive assistance for paying for certain medical supplies and prescriptions on a limited basis. They can get help for key prescription meds, including diabetic medications and supplies and other critical needs.
- Dental treatment is also available to both children and adults through financial allocations and cash grants
- Assistance with the purchase of eyeglasses and money for eye exams.
- Emergency rental and housing assistance
- Receive cash grants for rent assistance. Aid is available to families and individuals who are unable to pay their rent and are possibly facing eviction from their apartment or home.
- Formerly homeless families, that are now stable, can receive financial help from PIN for a security deposit on a new low income apartment. In addition, loans may be issued for utility connection fees or first months rent.
- Heating and energy bill assistance
- Limited financial assistance is available for paying heating and utility bills, and additional help is available for those facing disconnection off their utility services.
- Food Pantry
- Qualified families can receive nutritious food packages to five times per year, per qualified household.
The agency is headquartered in Delaware Ohio, but they serve residents of the entire county. Call them at 740.363.6284 to learn more about the programs and resources offered. Or find more details on People in Need financial aid.
Housing and debt issues can be dealt with as a form of free legal aid. Attorneys and firms help seniors and low income families with various matters, whether it is an illegal eviction to shut off of electricity or heating service. More information on Legal Aid Society programs.
Delaware County families, as well as many others, struggle to pay their credit card bills or mortgages. There are resources available to help. Non-profits assist with credit repair as well as eliminating credit card debts. There are details on starting saving accounts, free foreclosure services, and much more. Find Ohio free credit counseling agencies.
Lutheran Services of central Ohio - This is the local branch of the national, non-profit charity organization. Numerous services and assistance programs are administered for the poor and low income. Seniors and families with children in Delaware County may also get help. Contact them for information on rent and housing assistance, transitional housing, and free food. There is also a local Good Shepherd clinic for medical care. Or get referrals from the Ohio Benefit Bank. Click here Lutheran Services of central Ohio.
Food programs in Delaware County - There are many pantries that help less fortunate families. Depending on the generosity of people from the community and fund raisers, there may be free boxes of food, baby formula, and Christmas meals or toys. Some of the leading non-profits are below.
- LSS has both a fixed site and a mobile pantry for the homebound or people with limited mobility, such as disabled. Call (740) 362-5652.
- Delaware City Vineyard - Call (740) 362-6383 for hours. The emergency food bank offers many resources for the working poor.
- There are many other food banks in the county. Find free food pantries in Delaware County.
Delaware County agencies offer help during the holidays. The application period will normally start during the fall, but there can be Christmas gifts, free toys, winter coats, stockings, and other items given to the less fortunate. Click more information free Christmas assistance Franklin County area.
Free day care for children
If you need a place that offers free or low cost child care, and have a limited income, Liberty Community Center may be an option. The location offers qualified individuals high quality, affordable early childhood day care as well as preschool programs. The goal of the agency is to provide a safe and nurturing environment to children of all ages. Call the agency at (740) 369-3876. There are other options too, and find free daycare in Ohio.
Legal aid and support
If you can’t afford an attorney and are dealing with a civic legal case, then the Legal Aid Society is the place you want to go to for help. A focus is on helping seniors, the working poor, and struggling in the county. The non-profit law firm uses their legal skills and expertise to be a community leader in empowering elderly and low income families and individuals and positively impacting their lives.
Many free assistance programs are available for legal needs. Get help for dealing with a foreclosure, landlord/tenant issues, domestic and child custody cases, credit card debt, and much more. Click here to learn more or find free lawyers in Ohio, or call them at (888) 301-2411.