Assistance programs Plattsburgh and Clinton County New York.
Low income families will get emergency financial help and social services in the Plattsburgh NY area. Find churches or charities to apply at for rent help, security deposit or mortgage assistance, and emergency utility bill help. There are also government cash assistance programs in Plattsburgh, free food pantries and medical clinics in Clinton County, transportation programs, job resources, and much more.
Or locate soup kitchens and food pantries that give free food or meals. Clinton County NY residents can also get seasonal help, including free winter clothes, back to school supplies, heating bills help or Christmas gifts. All this financial assistance and free stuff in the Plattsburgh region is combined with credit counseling, debt reduction services, budgeting resources and other case management services
Financial assistance from the Clinton Community Action Agency
JCEO of Clinton County, Inc. offers many services and assistance programs for low income individuals or families. The non-profit has grant money, hardship funds and helps others who need support.
- Housing and rent assistance - The Plattsburgh and Clinton County Community Outreach Centers offer housing/rent assistance to families facing eviction and/or homelessness. Families who qualify for rent assistance or money for a security deposit will be provided with information, advocacy and referrals to appropriate community as well as government resources.
- Free budgeting assistance and debt counseling is offered to promote self-reliance and prevent future crisis for the client of the program. This will help low-income families save money on bills including groceries, improve their financial literacy and offer other solutions around debt, food, and more. Continue with grocery budget app.
- Low-income energy assistance applications including HEAP are available. The community action agency helps low-income families, seniors and the disabled in Clinton County keep their power on. Emergency utility and heating bill assistance is offered on a case by case basis to individuals. Continue with NY HEAP applications.
- Community Action Realizing Success (CARS) - This is a program that provides cars to those in need. Vehicles need to be donated by community members, and then those cars that are meeting program standards are donated directly to a low income, employed family who need transportation. The C.A.R.S. program will also help families maintain their donated transportation by providing financial assistance.
The family that receives the car will need to contribute affordable payments to an Escrow account until a balance of $500.00 is reached in the account. This account will then serves as an account for future repairs and car insurance assistance. Last, but not least, basic car maintenance, defensive driving instruction, and child safety are offered to those receiving vehicles in order to minimize car repairs and ensure safety for them and their families. Locate other charities that provide free cars for employment.
- Food assistance and pantries - Each community action center has an on site food pantry that is available for low income individuals and those needing assistance. The centers provide families with nutritious staple foods and groceries such as pasta, canned goods, and much more. Or find a food bank near you that is open today.
- The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - It is a federal government created and funded program that was designed to provide energy conservation measures to housing within Clinton County. The program is free to qualified families.
Outreach centers and family development locations in Clinton County are operated by the Council of Economic Opportunity. The main function of these sites is to help people access the government benefits they need, such as SNAP food stamps or job training. Of particular focus is on assisting senior citizens.
Call the JCEO of Clinton County Inc. at (518) 561-6310 to apply for help or request further information. Or for more details, more on Joint Council of Economic Opportunity programs.
Information and referrals to financial help and free stuff in Clinton County
Plattsburgh New York based Catholic Charities Diocese of Ogdensburg is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that offers support to people in need. Their mission is to reach out to the most vulnerable members, including working poor and low income, of the Clinton County community. There will be free clothes, counseling services, limited financial help for housing, rent, or light bills in Plattsburgh NY and other support. They also help seniors, their caregivers and single moms. The location is 1349 Military Turnpike, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Call 518-300-0272.
United Way of the Adirondack Region helps people across Plattsburgh and Clinton County. They provide information on various local agencies, charities, and other organizations. They partner with many of these groups as well. The agency gives referrals to partner organizations. The address is 45 Tom Miller Rd, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Dial 518-563-0028.
- There are other services provided by the local, as well as national, United Way. All information is free, whether to transportation, medical, food, holiday help or something else. Get details on 211 United Way assistance.
The Plattsburgh Salvation Army can help the working poor, families with children, and low income. The branch in Clinton County is not very large and resources are limited. The non-profit may be able to help with emergency rental or heating bill assistance. Other support provided can include homeless shelter, a hot meal, or free groceries from a food pantry.
A thrift store may sell clothing, furniture, and other goods in Clinton County New York, and the low income may receive a voucher for free items. The Salvation Army in Plattsburgh may also offer free Christmas toys or food from Adopt a Family and they give students from K-12 school supplies, free uniforms, backpacks and more. Referrals, case management, and employment resources are also all available. More on Salvation Army Clinton County New York.
Clinton County Social Services (DSS) provides public assistance, applications to government benefits, welfare, cash aid and more. Most of the financial assistance or grant money is for very low income families, the elderly, or senior citizens. Everything from SNAP food stamps to Medicaid, elderly or nursing home care, LIHEAP grants for heating bills and TANF cash aid may be offered. The address is 13 Durkee St, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Call (518) 565-3300. Or learn more on applying for public assistance in NY.
Clinton County programs for paying rent can help low income families that are facing an eviction. Residents of the county can turn to any number of resources, ranging from government grants to transitional housing or non-profits that offer rental help. Based on qualifications, some of the organizations will also help with security deposits or moving costs. More on rental assistance in Clinton County.
CBSC - Champlain Valley Family Center is a free, federally qualified health center. People with no insurance, the low-income and unemployed will get free medical, dental, or other care. There are RX vouchers, physicals, cancer screenings as well as free basic dental. Other medical is offered too at 20 Ampersand Dr, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Call (518) 561-8480
Clinton County Veterans office helps veterans, their families and active military members too. There are applications to VA benefits in Clinton County, mortgage or rent help from SSVF, job programs, PTSD therapy and more. They also help with transportation, including auto repairs. Address: 137 Margaret St, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Phone: (518) 565-4720, or more on car repair help for veterans.
Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York is at 100 Court St., Plattsburgh, NY 12901. They have free lawyers for civil issues, including eviction prevention, benefits applications, child support or even divorce filings. Call (518) 563-4022, or learn more on free divorce filings for people with no money.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com