latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Assistance programs in Boone, Clay, Fayette, and Putnam West Virginia.

Some of the agencies to contact to find help with paying bills, housing and rent, health care, and other financial resources are below. Get information and details on the services offered.

Salvation Army, Logan - This agency provides emergency financial assistance for bills and housing expenses, a free food pantry, utilities, clothing, prescriptions, and information on credit and foreclosure counseling programs and resources. Logan West Virginia based (304) 752-4936.

Another Salvation Army that is based in Charleston can also serve the area. That offices phone number is (304) 343-4548. They offer many of the same programs, but in addition medical prescriptions and holiday meals and gifts.

Union Mission Family Services is another local charity that offers a number of assistance programs, services, and other resources. Among the services, it provides a free food pantry, baby supplies, clothing, furniture, household items, free diapers, and personal hygiene items. (304) 925-0366

West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - They provide services to residents of all counties, including Boone, Clay, Fayette, and Putnam. Some of the most applicable programs offered include family assistance, which offers emergency assistance for crisis bills. They also run the local food stamp and TANF programs, Head Start, run the government medicaid insurance program, provide transportation assistance to appointment and ca repairs, heating and utility bill assistance, and WV works. They also run Welfare-to-work ax credit, West Virginia community-based initiatives (CBI), and offer work opportunity tax credit (WOTC). Call (304) 558-0684

The Neediest Cases Fund, which is run by Boone County Community Organization (BCCO), can provide low income and others with emergency financial assistance and cash grants for paying past due utility bills (FEMA, LIEAP), money prescription medications. Danville WV based. (304) 369-0451

Capitol Resource Agency is the local community action agency. They provide a number of programs and services to qualified low income residents. Get financial help with paying for utility and heating bills, housing expenses such as rent, and in some of our sites eyeglass and prescriptions costs can be reimbursed too. From time to time they may have diapers, baby food, and formula too. Food pantries are run as well, that distribute USDA foodstuffs. Job counselors can also help people find a job, or improve their skills to make themselves more marketable. The community action agency can be reached at (304) 720-5413. Learn more.




Catholic Charities Whitesville/Pettus runs a free Food Pantry, can offer eyeglasses, exams, and contacts for children, shoe program, Christmas baskets, clothing, and even some limited emergency financial assistance with utilities and medicine. Whitesville West Virginia. Call (304) 854-1043

Extensive amount of financial aid, including the Low Income Energy Assistance Program, is run by Community Resources, Inc. They offer funds to prevent rent evictions, medical prescriptions, and money to stop an utility disconnection. Some other options include Emergency Food Pantry, Coats for Kids,Self-Sufficiency Programs, Youth Enrichment Programs, GED information, School Clothing Vouchers, School Supplies, Information & Referral, Dental Assistance for those who quality for care. The group also runs the federal government Weatherization Program, which can help you conserve energy and save money. Parkersburg West Virginia. (304) 422-5339

Fayetteville / Fayette Salvation Army is a regional non-profit. A wide variety of social services and financial aid is paid out to working poor and otherwise qualified families. This can include food, housing, rent help, after school programs, and emergency heating bill assistance. Only a small number of applications can be fulfilled, but if they can’t assist you, then ask for referrals. Click more information.

Coalfield Community Action Partnership administers limited resources in the region, including Boone County. The main program is free energy conservation from weatherization, which can help families save money.

However other services are available from referrals. These include information on public aid in West Virginia, including to government grants for paying rent from Emergency Food and Shelter. Other services include information on home delivered meals as well as shelter, transitional housing, and security deposit assistance for the homeless. Click more Coalfield Community Action Partnership programs.





Emergency assistance is administered by Risen Lord Catholic Church. They provide emergency assistance, Outreach and a food pantry. Maysel (304) 587-4740

Heart and Hand provides limited services in the region, including Putnam County. They offer free diapers and supplies from a thrift store. Other resources include loans for bills or paying rental expenses, a food pantry, and assistance to prevent a heating or utility disconnection. The staff also provide referrals to families in poverty. More information Heart and Hand Center.

Fayette County Emergency Food provides free food, groceries, and other forms of non-financial aid. For example, possibly clothing and more. Call (304) 574-3733

Good Shepherd Baptist Church, which is located in Scott Depot (call (304) 757-7621), can also provide emergency food, information on government programs and local resources.

Health care in the Capitol region of West Virginia

An extensive listing of non-profits, centers, and hospital to call is available. Get information on West Virginia community clinics. Or find some locations below.

A sliding fee scale can be offered by Raleigh-Boone Medical Center. It is a general health care facility that provides lab, x-rays, minor surgery, and other medical care. Patients are based on what they can bills. Dial (304) 854-1321.

Big Otter Clinic of Ivydale WV (phone (304) 286-4200) also provides medical care at reduced prices, or for free.



By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site