Will County free Christmas and holiday assistance.
There are a few agencies in Will County that provide assistance during Christmas and other holidays. Most of the non-profit organizations as well as charities participate in Toys for tots, which provides children under the age of 14 with free toys or other presents. However some other Will County charities (or even churches) offer help during Thanksgiving or Easter as well. Qualified families or individuals can receive the following.
-Children and infants can be given free toys, including games, DVDs, electronics, and more.
-The Christmas assistance programs also give clothing for free, such as jackets, pants, boots, etc.
-Holiday meals are served by churches in Will County, including at Christmas and Thanksgiving.
-Food boxes with groceries can feed a low income family as well.
All of these holiday programs in Will County Illinois depend on both donations as well as volunteers. Organizations such as the Salvation Army help collect gifts for Angel Tree or Toys for Tots, and many other charities collect food for the Christmas holiday. Also keep in mind that not only may a kid be given a toy, but seniors may have a meal delivered to them or the entire family can also be given a turkey at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Will County Toys for Tots affiliated agencies – The following all participate. This program is run by the USMC and many charities in the county. As part of this, a qualified child can be given free toys, clothing, and other Christmas presents.
The items donated to Toys for Tots are new and unwrapped. The low income parent has some ability in what to request, but the Christmas gift given will try to (bit not always meet) the child's request.
- Azusa Faith Apostolic Church, 3041 Gaylord Ln, Montgomery IL, 60538.
- Christ Temple Apostolic Faith Church of Joliet is an application site. Address is 212 Richards St, Joliet Illinois, 60433, dial 708-721-7877
- Fairmont Community Center - 525 Barry Ave, Lockport IL, call 815-838-1183.
- Greater Joliet YMCA, 749 Houbolt Rd, Joliet IL, 60436, phone - 815-782-0816
- Harvey Brooks Foundation, 100 McDonough St, Joliet IL, 60436, phone - 815-722-2570.
- Hill Memorial Center is part of Toys for Tots. Address is 402 Singleton Place, Joliet IL, 60436, dial 815-723-0942.
- New Lenox Township only supports families in this town. Location - 1100 S Cedar Rd, New Lenox IL, 60451, telephone 815-485-6431.
- One Vision Church has meals, Christmas gifts, and more. 2701 W Jefferson ST Joliet Illinois, 60435, phone 815-725-9939.
- Peotone Township – Town residents only. Call 708-258-9248.
- Plainfield Township is a government agency that only assists residents. Address is 22525 W Lockport St, Plainfield IL, 60544, dial 815-436-8308.
- Spanish Community Center – Toys for Tots is for low income immigrants, Spanish speakers, and others. Location is 309 N. Eastern Ave, Joliet IL, 60432.
The Salvation Army
Address is 300 Third Ave.
Joliet, Illinois 60433
Telephone number - (815) 726-4834
Many social services and holiday programs are available. Free Christmas toys are available from Adopt a Family. There are also meal services, food, and financial aid. Children and seniors in Will County often benefit from these holiday services.
Peter Claver Center
Location: 172 S. Chicago St.
Joliet, IL 60432
Morningstar Mission Ministries, Inc.
350 E. Washington St.
Joliet, Illinois 60433
Main phone number is (815) 722-5780
Many assistance programs are run. They include Easter events, Christmas gifts and toys, food baskets, clothing, and baby furniture too. Thanksgiving baskets may have free turkeys for the working poor in Will County, and there is also counseling, shelter, and programs available year round as well as at Christmas.
Bloom Township Office
Address is 425 S. Halsted
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Town residents can apply only.
Christ Lutheran Church
Main address is 14700 S. 94th Ave.
Orland Park, IL 60462
A soup kitchen can serve holiday meals, offer small toys (based on donations), and they organize holiday parties.
Will County Center For Community Concerns
Main address: 2455 Glenwood Ave.
Joliet, Illinois 60435
Main phone - (815) 722-0722
Food vouchers, basic needs, clothing for work or holidays, and more is available. They can also refer parents, including single moms, to Christmas help.