latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Western Indiana assistance programs.

Agencies and charities listed below can help people in Benton, Fountain, Montgomery, Parke, Vermillion, and Warren Counties Indiana pay utility and heating bill and offer rent help.

Community Action Program, Inc. of Western Indiana. Some of the programs offered to the low income include:

  • Weatherization (Save money by reducing cold air infiltration into homes and safe heating systems)
  • Energy and Utility Bill Assistance Program (One-time credit averaging $250 per household)
  • Housing & Development (Housing rentals, Advice on rent programs, Section 8 housing for low-income people)
  • WIC Women, Infants, Children (Nutrition program for at-risk pregnant breast-feeding or postpartum women and infants and children to age five. Voucher system at stores)
  • Child care voucher program (Provides seamless services that are accessible and affordable for children to 13 years old. Subsidized child care, voucher system)
  • Information & Referral to Government Programs (Other seasonal, short-term aid, and crisis intervention program information sources)
  • Head Start (Child development program for low-income 4-5 year old preschoolers. Education, health, social services, family involvement, nutrition and disability services)
  • Employment & Jon Training (Broad range of services in employment and training for both participants and employers. Career Counseling. Targets youth, adults, dislocated and older workers, dropouts, single parents, and displaced homemakers. Certificate and associate degree programs, etc.)
  • Housing programs from CAPWI range from referrals to security deposit to rent subsidized apartments and section 8 vouchers.

Call (765) 793-4881 for more information on services available.

Aunt Martha's Vermilion Area Community Health Center - May offer health care at a reduced price for the low income and those who lack health insurance coverage. They try to help everyone, regardless of ability to pay, and do not want to turn away any patients. (217) 442-8790





Family Service of Champaign County - One of the primary programs they offer is called First Call for Help. This is basically an information and referral service. Learn about Indiana and federal government programs, charities, and non-profits, all of which may offer limited emergency assistance with power, heating bills, free eyeglasses, rent, food, prescriptions, financial help for medical bills, and transportation. Aid is made available to qualifying applicants. Call for screening and details. Call (217) 352-6300

Salvation Army. Call (217) 442-5911. This non-profit also offers the low income and other qualified Indiana families many assistance programs. They include:

  • Family Services and Assistance - Free food, gently used and new clothing, medical prescriptions and drugs, furniture, limited rent and mortgage assistance (when funding available), utility and heating bill assistance (when funding available), coats for kids, personal hygiene items, counseling, disaster services, and they run a back to school program. Family services may be able to refer people to debt and credit programs, such as ways to get credit card help. Learn more.
  • Warm Neighbors bill payment program - May have help for paying utility bills.
  • FEMA Rent assistance Program - This service runs between January and September while funding lasts.
  • Food bank - Receive access to free food and groceries.

Warren County Salvation Army is another agency. Phone - (812) 425-1375. Programs include a food pantry and soup kitchen. The case managers can also offer referrals to everything from Christmas assistance to job placement, shelter, and grant programs for paying back rent, heating bills or a security deposit. All resources are very limited. More on Salvation Army assistance in Warren County.




Parke County CAP, which is located in Rockville Indiana, offers the following programs and resources.

  • Energy Assistance Program (One-time credit or cash grant averaging $250 per household)
  • Head Start. This is the federal government funded child development program that is offered for low-income 4-5 year old preschoolers. Get help with education, social services, family involvement, nutrition, health care,  and disability services.
  • Weatherization Assistance Programs. Cut back on and reduce heating and utility bills by installing free cold air infiltration into homes and safe heating systems.
  • Housing & Development. Access rent assistance, apartment rentals, Section 8 housing for low-income people, foreclosure counseling, credit repair, and debt reduction.

Parke County CAP can be reached at (765) 569-2004


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site