latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Washington County Assistance Programs.

Assistance from local churches

Several local churches and other agencies have partnered together to support people in the local community who need help. The churches can provide low income families, the unemployed, and others who may be facing a hardship with clothing, access to food, and from time to time funds to help pay bills. Of course only as funding allows. Call the hotline number of 800-924-3555 to ask for help. Click here to find other church programs.

Senior and elderly support programs

Older adults can get help from Interfaith Caregivers. The non-profit organization is made up of a network of local volunteers who provide aid and assistance to help maintain the independence of older adults in the community. The program can provide transportation, light housekeeping, home repairs, meal preparation, moving assistance, and much more. Call the agency at (262) 365-0902.

Help with bills if facing a hardship

The West Bend Salvation Army is an agency that provides many forms of assistance to people in need. While the funding at the agency is limited, they can from time to time distribute money to people who need help. Financial aid can be provided to help people pay for short term expenses and bills. Some money may be available for heating and utility bills, food, vouchers for medications, and other expenses. The agency can also provide holiday meals and gifts for children. Call the Washington County Salvation Army at (262) 365-0405, or find more Salvation Army programs.

Washington Cost Vincent De Paul Society offers emergency financial assistance. A home visit is required prior to receiving any of these services. If an individual qualified, they may receive rent and/or utility bill assistance. St Vincent de Paul also provides household goods, clothing, furniture, and general appliances. In addition emergency lodging for homeless families and individuals is offered. 420 N River Rd., West Bend, WI 53095, phone (262) 334-7291




Get assistance and free food in Washington County

Washington County Wisconsin residents can turn to The Full Shelf Food Pantry. The main goal of the agency is to distribute groceries and donate food that is needed for temporary relief to families during a period of crisis, short term hardship or sizable increase in unemployment. The agency’s primary objective has recently been expanded to include the distribution of REFAP type items (The Emergency Food Assistance Program). you can call the agency at (262) 335-0685 to learn how you can get free food.

Food Share is another program that can help. It is administered by the Washington County Human Services Department. Qualified individuals can get help, and the food share household that is applying for help needs to pass both non-financial and financial eligibility tests in order to receive food share from this program. Find the phone number at the bottom of this page. Read more information on government and public cash assistance in Wisconsin.

Slinger Community Food Pantry provides free groceries, food, and meals. Call (262) 335-4610

Temporary emergency rental assistance is available across Washington County. Qualified low income families with a source of income, that are facing an eviction, can apply for grants from EAG. There is also mediation available for resolving tenant and landlord disputes. Other financial aid can help with paying a security deposit or place a family into low income housing. Read rent help in Washington County.





Child care for working families

The Washington County Human Services Department has a program that helps working families offset the cost of day care expenses. Financial help and assistance is available for low to moderate income families who need child care for employment reasons. Find the contact numbers below.

Heating and electric bill help

Washington County Human Services Department runs this program. The program is formally known as the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP), and it helps eligible households pay for heating costs and bills during the cold winter months. Find the agency’s phone number below. Find additional low income energy programs.

The Washington County Human Services Department, which runs several of the programs mentioned above, is based in West Bend and can be reached at 262-335-4583.

Free clinics and medical care

The Dr, James E Albrecht Free Clinic – Bring proof or income and insurance status. This community clinic may offer medical or dental care for low income, uninsured individuals and families. Care is comprehensive, and can include assessment, treatment and/or referral. All health care is provided by volunteer physicians, dentists and nurses. West Bend, Wisconsin 53095, main number is (262) 334-8339




By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site