latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Rental assistance Waukesha and Washington County WI.

Find where to get help with rent payments in Waukesha County as well as nearby Washington WI. Low-income families, seniors or disabled people seeking emergency rental assistance or grants for a security deposit will get help, including from charities, churches or the government. Get rent assistance near you in Waukesha County area.

Qualified tenants or homeless people will get financial aid from programs such as the Emergency Assistance Grant (EA) as well as non-profit agencies. There are also other housing programs available to them, ranging from free lawyers to landlord mediation for stopping an eviction as well as funds for paying a security deposit, no-wait list apartments as well as section 8 vouchers.

The goal of these programs across the Waukesha and Washington County region is to both prevent homelessness and rehouse families. All of that will be combined with case management. This will help the family regain long term stability. As part of this, there may be grants available as part of EA to pay first months rent or a portion of a security deposit on a new low income apartment. Or look here for more private grants for people with disabilities.

Also, since many evictions can be prevented or delayed just by mediating a dispute, the legal support available can even help negate the need for rental assistance. So that is another service that may be provided to low-income renters in the area.

Organizations that help pay rent in Washington and Waukesha County

WorkForce Center - Equus - Rescare of Waukesha County
Address is 327 E Broadway, Waukesha, WI 53186. Phone: (262) 695-7800 or Call (855) 458-0001
Funds for rent, security deposits, and energy bills may be provided by the Emergency Assistance Grant (EA). Anything that can lead to homelessness, even including unpaid water bills, can be paid, in addition to back rent. in Waukesha County. It is combined with support services.

Waukesha County Department Of Health And Human Services
Address is 514 Riverview Ave, Waukesha, WI 53188. Phone: (262) 548-7212
Emergency rent help is for people with a pay or quit notice. Grants are issued for housing needs, but in some cases a loan is used. The homeless can be placed into transitional housing or get help with first months rent on a new home.




Housing Authorities - Section 8 housing
There are multiple offices. The organizations process applications for public housing and section 8 vouchers as well as rent subsidized homes. There are low-income apartments and other programs for single moms, seniors and the working poor.

  • New Berlin Housing Authority, 120 Corrina Blvd, Waukesha, WI 53186. Phone: (262) 542-2262
  • Waukesha Housing Authority address is 600 Arcadian Ave, Waukesha, WI 53186. Call (262) 542-2262
  • West Bend Housing Authority - Address: 475 Meadowbrook Dr, West Bend, WI 53090. Dial (262) 338-0771

Saint Vincent De Paul Society provides support in both Waukesha County (818 W Sunset Dr, Waukesha, WI 53189., dial (262) 547-3281) as well as Washington County (445 E Washington St, Slinger, WI 53086. phone (262) 644-4949). The charity provide furniture for a new home, loans for rental expenses, fuel bill help, and more. They also partner with local churches.

Waukesha County homeless prevention - rehousing (HPPR) is run by a partnership, including the southern county community action agency. There are rental subsidies as well as emergency grants from ESG. Veterans can get security deposit help from SSVF, and there are also free motel vouchers. Find more details on rent, legal aid, and more from the program. Read more on Waukesha County homeless prevention and rehousing.

RESCARE of Washington County
2200 Green Tree Road, West Bend, WI 53090. Call 262.335.5300 or (855) 458-0001
The EAG grant program can help with rental costs and more.





Housing Action Coalition of Waukesha County
Address: 1210 Sentry Dr, Waukesha, WI 53186. Phone: (262) 326-5322
a Variety of housing assistance is offered or from referrals. Get help applying for grants for back rent, security deposits or home buying. Or locate homes for single mothers or income based, private housing in Waukesha County.

Legal Action – Waukesha region
Region office is at 230 W Wells Street in Milwaukee, but it supports the Waukesha Wisconsin area. Telephone – 414-278-7722
Attorneys offer free information and legal aid to tenants. The free lawyers for low-income families in Washington County WI and Waukesha try to resolve disputes and pro-bono support is for other civil matters.

The Salvation Army of Waukesha County
Address: 445 Madison St, Waukesha, WI 53188. Phone: (262) 547-7367
Emergency financial help is offered, but limited. This may be immediate rental assistance or for housing. Struggling renters with an eviction notice will also get case management and other social services are arranged. More on rent assistance from Waukesha Salvation Army.

Volunteer Center of Washington County
303 Water St, West Bend, WI 53095. Phone: (262) 338-8256
They partner with charities, The Salvation Army and other non-profits. Get emergency hardship grant money for paying bills, including rent or mobile lots. Or access transitional housing, homeless shelters and other support.

Sussex Area Outreach Services Resource Center
They are only for the Hamilton School District area. Location is N63 W23669 Silver Spring Dr, Sussex, WI 53089. Call (262) 246-9490
Financial aid, including for rent on an apartment or furnishings, is only for people in the Hamilton School District, including single parents.





Community Action Coalition For South Central Wisconsin, Inc.
2717 North Grandview Boulevard, Waukesha WI, 53188. Call 608-237-1255
Federal funds for bills, including rent, are for low income tenants. There is also applications for veterans as part of SSVF. Or rapid rehousing for the homeless in the region. The Supportive Services For Veterans Families (SSVF) will offer short term rent help for military members and veterans in counties such as Waukesha, and staff will also help with VA benefits, medical needs, and more.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site