latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Washington, Mayes, and Nowata County assistance programs.

Learn how to get financial help, and where to apply at below. There are charities, churches, and government social services offices that provide everything from free food to rent or mortgage help. Also find programs that assist with paying utility or electric bills, free medical care including prescription drugs, clothing banks, and more. The financial aid in the Mayes and Washington County area is combined with case management, which ranges from legal aid to job placement, credit counseling, and more.

Financial assistance programs and resources

The Community Action Resource and Development, Inc. is the local non-profit that focuses on the low income and addressing the causes of poverty. The agency will offer some short term stability and have information on financial assistance programs such as energy and rent expenses, and they are an effective place to contact for referrals. Services provide emergency food and groceries for income-qualified clients, rent assistance to some counties, and also energy bill help. Address is:

  • Pryor, 708 SE 1, Pryor, Oklahoma 74361, call (918) 825-3423
  • 317 E Delaware, Nowata, OK 74048, telephone (918) 273-2868
  • 3618 E Tuxedo Blvd, Bartlesville, Oklahoma 74006, main number is (918) 333-8115
  • 522 W. Will Rogers, Claremore, OK 74018, phone number (918) 341-5000

Salvation Army Bartlesville – Programs provide prescription drug assistance, utility bill help, free food baskets, as well as Holiday and Disaster Assistance. The center is in Bartlesville, OK. Phone (918) 336-6454Concern Center operates in Bartlesville. Call (918) 336-4693. The non-profit provides one time per year financial assistance for paying utilities and/or rent.

Oklahoma DHS can help people apply for government and public aid such as food stamps, WIC, and health care. Another one of the main programs they offer is energy and cooling bill assistance, as well as weatherization. DHS can provide the low income with access to a summer cooling and winter heating bill program.




Other resources offered can help address an energy crisis such as a disconnection. Weatherization and other energy-related home repair and improvement assistance is provided to eligible low-income households throughout the course of the year too. The government agency does also offer repairs to existing small air conditioner equipment or even new/gently used air conditioners to help address the Oklahoma summer heat. There are multiple DHS offices in the region including the following.

  • 501 S Elliot St, Pryor, Oklahoma 74361, (918) 824-4900
  • 309 E Delaware Ave, Nowata, OK 74048-2717, phone (918) 273-2327

Blue House Grand Lake Community – Administers utility bill assistance in the Langley Oklahoma area. Call (918) 782-2861.

Four Corners Helping Hands is located at 429 E 640 Road, Locust Grove, Oklahoma 74352. Emergency utility and cooling bill assistance is provided at most once a year. Dial (918) 386-2352

Community Outreach Centers Banner House – The non-profit operates a “share the home” facility for handicapped or elderly individuals. Occupants of the program and house are screened to make sure they can get along with other people. Some of the other criteria include the occupants need to have the means to pay their share for utilities and provide their own food. Rent for the home or shelter is paid by Community Outreach. Location is 102 E Evanjoy, Salina, OK 74365, call (918) 434-2288

Salvation Army Nowata Caring Center – In an emergency, may have funds for rent to prevent an eviction, or money for utilities if someone is faced with a disconnection. It is offered at Hillside Christian Church, which is located at 1348 Davis Drive, Nowata, Oklahoma 74048. Call (918) 273-8131. Other services include thrift store, food pantry, and holiday meals and gifts. More.

Lighthouse Outreach Mission - Provides limited amounts of free food or groceries, shelter and clothing for homeless people in the region that have no other options or resources. The address is 1411 W Hensley Boulevard, Bartlesville, OK 74003, dial (918) 336-9029.





Youth & Family Services Bartlesville – Can address housing issues by providing emergency rent assistance and homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing. This government stimulus funding is available as assistance for homeless youth that includes both short and medium-term payments for security deposits, housing search, monthly rent payments, utilities, housing counseling, moving costs, and credit repair. 2200 SE Washington Blvd, Bartlesville, OK 74006, dial (918) 335-1111

Charity and non-profit programs for back rent can be applied to. Options to low income families as well as the elderly range from local churches to non-profit community agencies. They combine grants for rent or a deposit as well as landlord/tenant mediation services. More information.

Food pantry, soup kitchens and food banks

NW Corner Hillside Christian Church – Runs a food pantry and can distribute other household products. Provides food, maternity and baby clothing, diapers and baby formula as available. Nowata, Oklahoma 74048, telephone (918) 277-4923

Loaves and Fishes at Living Word Family Church runs a food pantry once a week. (918) 273-1208. They also have details on other Oklahoma food banks. Click here.

Copan United Methodist Church – Offers the Angel Food program. This is open for the public one time a month for a low cost, regardless of an applicant’s income. The box contains meat, vegetables/fruit and staples. Phone (918) 532-4337

Mary Martha Outreach - Weekend meals for the homebound and a food pantry is offered. Someone must live in the Bartlesville area for homebound meals. Delivers food, meals and groceries on Fridays and someone must be home for them to be delivered. Call (918) 337-3703

Abundant Life Christian Church - Offers the low income and seniors who are struggling with a regular monthly distribution of boxes of food. The boxes can contain meat and other food items, and they are intended to fulfill short term assistance to the low income and needy in the community. People in need of assistance may obtain food, groceries or meals by calling or stopping by the church. 601 SE Delaware, Bartlesville, Oklahoma 74003, phone (918) 336-2522

Warriors for Christ has a food pantry on site for canned goods, fresh fruits, breads, rice, and more. 4001 W Wisconsin, Bartlesville, OK 74006. Telephone (918) 333-2108

Blue House Grand Lake Community Ministry – Can provide free food, meals, and gently used clothing. Some items may be offered for a minimal cost. Location of the center is 259 Court Avenue, Langley, OK 74350, phone 918-782-2861




Pryor Ministries Center runs a food pantry for the region. Telephone (918) 824-1128

Liberty House is part of the local network of Community Outreach Centers. Call the center at (918) 434-2288. The organization operates a meal program and food pantry. Also, a free hot lunch is served a couple days of week, primarily on Wednesdays & Thursdays. Anyone can stop by for help.

Free community clinics

Green Country Free Clinic - Operates a free medical clinic providing the low income as well as people with limited or no health insurance care. The center offers non-emergency chronic medical care (heart conditions, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, and chronic lung disease) as well as acute (colds, flu, ear aches, etc). Specialists at the center can treat patients on a referral basis. Eye care services are also provided by referral. There is also a diabetic and hypertension clinic on site. 500 SE Frank Phillips, Bartlesville, OK 74003, dial (918) 337-5222

Free Medical Clinic of Mayes County - Operates non-emergency medical and dental care for any Mayes County resident who ranges in age from 20 – 64. Assistance is only offered for people who do not receive any other assistance for medical care through any other government program or agency such as insurance, veteran, Indian card or government. 118 N Adair, Pryor, Oklahoma 74361, call the clinic at (918) 273-8131 for intake.

By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page