Rent help in Rogers, Nowata and Mayes County.

Assistance for rent and housing needs is available to both tenants and the homeless in Rogers, Mayes, as well as Nowata County. The goal of the various programs is to prevent an eviction to begin with and that is the primary reason that emergency rental assistance is available. However, rehousing is also an option, and that includes for a security or utility deposit as well as transitional housing.

The process involved by each of the non-profit organizations will vary. Some will offer direct financial aid, and others will offer referrals to government rent programs such as ESG grants. However in all cases the organization wants the tenant to seek help before it is too late. It is more challenging to place someone into transitional housing in Rogers County, and many people would not prefer that option.

Since resources are limited, many of these agencies can also offer referrals. So if someone is not qualified, they can be directed to other charity or non-profit resources for paying rent or other bills.

Community Action Resource and Development of Notawa County
317 E Delaware Ave
Nowata, OK 74048
Dial (918) 273-2868
The non-profit offers temporary/partial rent assistance when funds are available. The agency can also offer referrals and case management. So tenants can learn about options such as section 8 or even non-profits that offer loans for housing or rental costs.

Mayes County CARDCARD
Main address is 708 SE 1st St
Pryor, Oklahoma 74361
Main phone - (918) 825-3423
Rent help is limited, but will be targeted at families facing eviction. Other housing costs, such as energy bills, can be met by LIHEAP and the agency also offers case management.

Community Action of Rogers County
707 W Lowry Rd
Claremore, OK 74017
(918) 341-5000
Any rent payments will be made directly to the landlord. When there is funding, only 5 low income families or seniors will be assisted per week.




Safenet Services
1219 W Dupont
Claremore, Oklahoma 74017
Call (888) 372-9400 or (918) 341-1424
They offer shelter. There is an office in Pryor as well as Claremore. The emergency shelter is for domestic violence abusers. Once stable, referrals may be given to safe, low income apartments as well as tips on how to apply for security deposit help.

Youth And Family Services Of Washington County arranged housing, such as shelter, for residents under the age of 18 only. The office is at 321 E Delaware Ave in Nowata. Or residents can dial (918) 335-1111.

Legal aid out of Tulsa, OK
Dial (918) 584-3338 for intake.
Tenants and homeowners can call for mediation. Lawyers offer free advice on evictions or foreclosures and more.

Transformation House of Mayes County
Pryor, OK 74361
Call (918) 825-5810
 is for women only, including single moms. The charity offers short term transitional housing. Other support services include GED classes, referrals to section 8 rent vouchers, budgeting classes, and vocational training for the disabled or unemployed. The program is known as Miracle House.

First Christian Church Of Claremore
Address is 200 E 5th St
Claremore, Oklahoma 74017
Main phone - (918) 341-1199
Regardless of religion, the working poor and elderly can apply for funds for rent or a deposit, receive food, and other support.



By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy