latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Sawyer, Burnett, Clark, Washburn, Rusk, Taylor Wisconsin assistance programs.

Find an extensive listing of non-profits and charities that provide help with rent, energy bills, free food, debt counseling, and other forms of financial aid.

Salvation Army Hayward - The Salvation Army of Sawyer County operates a low cost thrift store and a transitional shelter program. They also administer another resource known as the Salvation Army Voucher programs in Ashland County. Get help with rent, utility bills, food, and more. (715) 558-1040

Another branch of the Salvation Army is in Burnett County Wisconsin. Siren Wisconsin. (715) 222-1624. It can provide short-term emergency financial assistance and/or grant for individuals, families and people in Burnett County. If you apply and are found to be qualified for help, individuals and families can receive up to $150.00 cash to pay for emergency services such as heating bills, rental, utility, medical, prescriptions and gas (vehicle) assistance as identified and after all other resources have been utilized. Housing assistance is also administered, as the agency can also provides transitional housing short term for local families. More.

The Salvation Army of Rusk County Wisconsin accepts applications as well for short-term emergency financial and medical services for people who live in Rusk County who are in need of help. Also provides services for individuals and families in a crisis situation. (715) 532-2299

Taylor County also has a branch of the Salvation Army located in Medford, and it provides short-term grants and other forms of emergency assistance, financially, health care and medical. Provides emergency shelter money, food and gas vouchers, and maybe car repairs too. They can refer people to housing and debt counseling agencies for either foreclosure prevention or debt reduction solutions. Dial (715) 748-3063


Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Services (715) 634-8934 - The agency provides income subsidy, general financial assistance, health care, and medical benefits. Job skill development and career development is also provided.





Housing Authority Taylor County, which is located in Medford Wisconsin, offers some housing programs including the HCRI, which is a Rental Program which offer loans and/or grant money for 1st month's rent and security deposit, past due utilities, short-term subsidy, heating bills, debt help and rent. In addition, the Home Buyer Assistance Program is a loan of 10% of purchase price and short-term help with mortgage payments and foreclosure prevention. More on Wisconsin housing agencies. (715) 748-1456

Indianhead Community Action Agency covers all regions in the area, including Taylor, Washburn, Sawyer, Burnett, Clark, and Rusk. The non-profit agency will help with clothing, applications for Judicare, rental assistance, free vouchers for dental assistance, exams and eye glasses, and emergency food assistance. In addition, they are a great source for information, and can provide referrals to low income and disadvantaged persons of all ages. If an emergency need occurs for any Clark county resident, the help will be provided on a situation basis.

Other programs include Homestead Tax Assistance, Health care or other emergency needs that limits the resident's ability to function. There is financial aid for people with lack of health insurance, Weatherization, LIHEAP, and Indianhead can provide help until all other resources have been exhausted. Ladysmith Wisconsin (715) 532-5594. Read more Indianhead Community Action Agency.

Contact your local County Health and Human Services Department. Most of them will offer energy and heating assistance and weatherization services. Many also offer the Food Stamp Program, Medicaid, as well as the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program. As just one example, the Sawyer County office is located at (715) 634-4806. Rusk County phone is (715) 532-2299. Taylor County phone (715) 748-3332. Clark County (715) 743-5233. Washburn County (715) 468-4760. Burnett County (715) 349-7600




Food banks and assistance programs

Learn how non-profit and free food banks and pantries can help the needy in the community. Read more on  food banks. Some of the locations to contact in the immediate area include Feed My People Food Bank ((715) 354-3001), Community United Food Pantry helps by giving emergency food supplies for residents in Abbotsford, Colby, Unity, Curtiss, and Dorchester Wisconsin ((715) 223-2747), Grantsburg Community Food Bank (715) 463-2289), Greenwood Food Pantry ((715) 267-6205), Hope Lutheran Church Food Pantry ((715) 532-7739), First Baptist Church of Medford (715) 748-4936).

Reduced priced or free medical care

Greenwood Wisconsin based Memorial Medical Center provides health care, education, and prevention, and the amount of your bill is based on insurance coverage. (715) 267-3200

Northwoods Community Health Center Hayward Campus offers both emergency and non-emergency care. Call (715) 466-9100.

Another community clinic is based in Webster Wisconsin. It is called St. Croix Tribal Health Services. Some of the medical and health services offered at the health and dental center include WIC and Honoring Our Children (HOC). The state funded HOC serves prenatal and postpartum women and infants to age 2 and their families. HOC provides health education, home visits, health case management, referrals, and group cultural and parenting. Tribal Health also offers immunizations, pregnancy testing, AODA and mental health services. Dental and optical clinics are by appointment, and this care is also free of charge. Call (715) 349-8554



By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site