Warren County Kentucky area free holiday assistance.
Several holiday assistance programs operate in the Bowling Green Kentucky region. The programs cover the counties of Warren, Simpson, Edmonson, Butler, Barren, Hart, and Monroe. What may be available includes free Christmas toys, holiday meal boxes (including Thanksgiving) and much more. Entire families as well as children can get help.
There are a few main services in the region, and they include Toys for Tots as well as Angel Tree. Both are available in all the counties. They not only pass out toys, games, and other Christmas gifts for free, but some agencies also serve meals to low income families. In addition, senior citizens that can make it to the store or a meal site, then volunteers may deliver Christmas or Thanksgiving meals to them.
Note the application periods will start weeks before the holidays. So charities in Bowling Green as well as other nearby counties (Warren, Butler, etc.) need time to process requests for free Christmas presents and other resources.
Toys for Tots programs
Each county has their own intake number. Volunteers are also needed for this USMC program. Children under the age of 13 may be given free unwrapped toys at Christmas. There may be trucks for boys, dolls, games, electronics, and many other items passed out. Assistance can’t be combined with Angel Tree or other holiday programs.
- Warren County families, including bowling Green, dial 270-562-0518 for toys for tots information.
- Simpson County – Call 270-586-6082. It is run in partnership with the Franklin-Simpson Boys and Girls Club.
- Monroe County – Residents can dial 270-487-5504. A sponsor is the 4H Teen Club.
- Edmonson County – Telephone number is 270-597-8329
- Butler County Family Resource Center offers toys, Christmas help and more. Dial 270-526-5660. Another option is Youth Services Center, call 270-526-4800.
- Barren County Community Relief – Dial 270-561-9006.
- Hart County only supports students and children at Caverna Independent Schools. The phone number is 270-773-4665.
Address is 401 W Main Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42101
The charity runs the Angel Tree program. It assists kids from birth to age 12. There are free gifts, toys, games, gift certificates, and other presents. There are also Christmas food boxes for the elderly or disabled, Thanksgiving turkey meals, and even limited financial aid.
112 W 10th Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Main number is (270) 904-1200
This is a low cost store. Families, no matter their income, can shop there. The organization partners with family resource centers in Warren, Monroe, and other counties.
Outreach for the NeedySave to Cart
816 Old Glasgow Rd
Scottsville, Kentucky 42164
Call (270) 622-1592
Needy families with children can get help. Free food baskets, gifts, and more are provided.
Warren County Fraternal Order of Police
Main address is 150 Corvette Dr.
Bowling Green, KY 42103
Main number is (270) 843-6071
Only food is given out.
Smile for Christmas Project
Main number is (270) 535-2218
The non-profit supports all of the greater Bowling Green-Warren County area. Low income and the working poor can be given help at Christmas. There will be clothes, food, toys, vouchers, hygiene products, and much more.