Walton County Georgia assistance programs.
Get information on where to get help in Monroe and Walton County Georgia. Reantl and utility assistance programs are available, as well as medical care, prescriptions, and other forms of financial assistance. Contact the charities and non-profit organizations to start the process.
FISH (Faith in Serving Humanity) - They partner with local agencies to offer help, and some assistance programs are administered directly by FISH. They run a wide variety of services to qualifying individuals and families in Walton County Georgia.
- Health care - Primarily the help is in the form of prescription assistance
- Food pantry and a thrift store are run on site
- Funds for paying rent, utility and cooling bills
- Transportation assistance
- Clothing, furniture, and other household products
- Education and job training assistance.
Contact FISH at 770-207-5601
Health care for the low income and uninsured is offered by Healing Angels Medical Clinic. The clinic is a private, non-profit health care clinic that has been providing healthcare for Walton County and Monroe patients. the clinic will help patients who do not have health insurance or other resources to pay for medical care or hospital bills. Volunteers run the facility. Dial (770) 266 - 7647 to learn more, or click here to find additional health care programs.
Shepherd’s Staff Ministries (dial (770) 554-9722) is a non-profit organization that provides assistance for individuals and families in a crisis situation. They can both provide direct financial aid, and refer people to other community organizations.
There is a Walton County community service Infoline that offers referrals only. The center was set up as a non-profit that can provide immediate help with bills and living expenses, but their primary mission is to ensure individuals get back on their feet over the long term.
- Emergency food pantry can provide food and groceries for people in a crisis
- Rental assistance is offered. It is for people who are facing an eviction, and who would otherwise be homeless without immediate assistance.
- Debt and budget counseling services. Information on debt reduction and management programs. Learn more.
- Weatherization Intake/General Housing counseling - Help save on energy bills, and get information and housing resources.
- Job search assistance as well as Work Experience for Job Training
- Referrals to free community clinics for health care needs or prescription drug vouchers.
- Food stamp outreach
There are many charities, non-profits, and government social services that operate across Walton County Georgia. The resources are limited, but in an emergency that may be help available. Read more.
DFACS-Walton County Georgia is located in Monroe, GA 30655 and can be reached at (770) 207-4000. A number of government and public assistance programs are offered. Some examples include applications for TANF, food stamps, and health care. Other programs administered from the county agency include adult medically needy, qualified medicaid beneficiary program as well as the Georgia Cancer State Aid Program. This resource funds both the diagnosis and treatment for medically needy cancer patients. Applicants must be uninsured, low income, underinsured and not eligible for full coverage Medicaid, and meet other financial guidelines. The agency also has information on LIHEAP and weatherization.
Funds for paying rent and security deposits are available in Walton County. The resources from charities and government agencies are combined with other housing programs, as noted below.
- Tenants with an eviction letter can apply for emergency rental assistance, including loans.
- The homeless, including single moms, can apply for shelters or deposit help.
- Local attorneys review eviction letters, mediate disputes, deal with repairs to apartments, and try to enter into payment plans on unpaid rent.
- Other services are available too. More Walton County rental assistance programs.
Food banks and soup kitchens
Walton County residents have a few places to try. There is a Community Food Pantry on Turner Lake Cirlce (phone 770- 784-0037) which may help in a crisis. The Rainbow Community Center, which can be called at 678-712-9570, may also provide meals. Several other programs help battle hunger too.
The food banks are often free to use. Not only may groceries be given, but many serve holiday meals, offer household supplies, and coordinate other resources. There are other locations to try for free groceries, meals, or even items such as clothes. More on Walton County food pantries.