Venango County assistance programs.
There are several different non-profits and charities to call for help in Franklin and Oil City in Venango County Pennsylvania.
Social services and assistance
Community Service of Venango County offers the low income and working poor many different options and resources. They include the following:
Crisis assistance - Receive access to emergency assistance, including the USDA and FEMA food programs. Holiday assistance is also offered, including holiday food during Thanksgiving and Christmas time, along with Spirit of Giving and Adopt-a-Family programs. Donated clothing is also available to people using our services at no cost to them.
Food pantry - The center provides free food and clothing to individuals and families who are struggling with limited income, unemployment or a recent emergency.
Call the Oil City Pennsylvania based agency at 676-5011.
Financial assistance, counseling, and other aid
The Franklin and Oil City Salvation Army (677-4056) is a great resource to contact for help. They can direct people to local charities and non-profits, food pantries, and guide people through government assistance program options. From time to time they may be able to provide limited financial assistance for paying utility bills, rent, free food, and medications.
The local community action agency is the Venango County Office of Economic Opportunity. Call the center at (814) 437-2338. This non-profit agency runs a variety of assistance programs, and has partnership with other local non-profits in Franklin and Venango County. Some of the services they offer include the following.
- Legal Assistance (civil matters only) - Free legal advise for issues such as foreclosure, unemployment claims, consumer debt issues, and other matters. More.
- Utility Assistance - Help for paying heating and utility bills, including LIHEAP
- Information & Referral - Learn about other Pennsylvania and federal assistance programs
- Housing - Rent assistance and information on federal government foreclosure programs, such as the Hope for Homeowners program.
- Free food - Find locations of food pantries.
- Transportation (Medical Assistance recipients only).