Utah housing assistance.
Housing Authorities across Utah can assist families and individuals in finding emergency rent assistance programs. In addition to that, they can assist people in their search for affordable private and public rental properties or offer information on section 8 vouchers. If you need to find affordable, safe, and decent housing or apartments to live in, it is recommended that individuals begin their search by contacting their local Utah housing authority office.
Each location has staff on site that can provide residents with information about available rent voucher assistance options and housing programs that will be based on their income level. Highly trained case managers will work with individuals in both innovative and traditional ways to provide a solution. They range from affordable apartments and homes for the elderly, disabled individuals, and lower income families to information on government assistance. While funding is limited and there may be a waiting list, the housing authorities will do their best to help as many qualified people as possible.
There are a few main programs offered, and they include Housing Choice Vouchers, Public Housing, and emergency grants from homeless prevention and other government sources. Most of the resources are funded through the federal government Department of Housing and Urban Development. However resources are limited and unfortunately many families in Utah may need to be turned away.
While the amount of aid offered will vary by applicant and the specifics of the program, in general participants who receive housing assistance from these Utah programs will pay approximately 30% of their total gross adjusted income towards their monthly rent. Each program has its own requirements and characteristics.
Utah housing authorities
The locations below are fully prepared to assist renters in their search for affordable rental properties, homes, and apartments. This will depend on the availability of a unit. Call one of the agencies near you to begin your search for a home or to get information on how to get help paying rent and security deposits in Utah, especially in an emergency.
- Beaver Housing Authority, 325 East Center St., Beaver, Utah 84713, phone number (435) 438-2530
- Carbon County Housing Authority, 251 South 1600 East, Ste. 2647, Price, UT 84501, call (435) 637-5170
- Cedar City Housing Authority, location - 364 South 100 East, Cedar City, UT 84720, (435) 586-8462 (435) 865-9397
- Davis County Housing Authority, location 352 South 200 West, Ste. 1, Farmington, UT 84025, dial (801) 451-2587
- Emery County Housing Authority, address Castle Dale, Utah 84513, call (435) 381-2902
- Goshute Housing Authority, main address Ibapah, UT 84034, main number (435) 234-1138
- Grand County Housing Authority, main address 1075 South Hwy. 91, Ste. B, Moab, Utah 84532, dial (435) 259-5891
- Logan City/bear River Regional Housing Authority, main address: 170 North Main St., Logan, Utah 84321, dial (435) 752-7242
- Mountainlands Community Housing Trust, 1960 Sidewinder Dr., Ste. 107, Park City, Utah 84060, number (435) 647-9719
- Multi-ethnic Development Corporation, main address: 925 South 200 West, Ste. A, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, phone: (801) 521-2991
- NW Band Of Shoshone Nation Housing Authority, main address: 862 South Main Street, Ste. 6, Brigham City, Utah 84302 call (435) 723-3013
- Ogden City/Weber County Housing Authority, address 2661 Washington Blvd., Ste. 102, Ogden, Utah 84401, dial (801) 627-5851
- Provo City Housing Authority, main address: 650 West 100 North, Provo, Utah 84601, dial (801) 852-7080
- Roosevelt City Housing Authority, primary address: 192 South 100 East, Roosevelt, Utah 84066, call (435) 722-5858 Fax: (435) 722-5810
- Salt Lake City Housing Authority, primary location 1776 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah 84115, phone number (801) 487-2161
- Salt Lake County Housing Authority, main address: 2595 South Main St., Salt Lake City, Utah 84115, call (801) 284-4400
- St. George Housing Authority, 975 North 1725 West, Ste. 101, St. George, Utah 84770, call (435) 628-3648
- Tooele County Housing Authority, primary location 118 East Vine St., Tooele, UT 84074, call (435) 882-7875