latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Utah Section 8 Housing.

Find information, requirements, and applications to the section 8 housing program in Utah. The federal government HUD funded programs helps low income families, those living in poverty, seniors and the disabled find and pay for “private” sector housing using vouchers. Get applications for the section 8 housing program in Utah near you below from a local housing authority.

Section 8 was created as a partnership between the state and federal government as well as landlords across Utah. The property owner needs to agree to take a voucher to cover some of the tenant’s monthly rent payment. In addition, the family (or single person who is enrolled into section 8) needs to pay up to 30% of their household income for their housing costs including utilities. The types of houses that can be enrolled into the section 8 housing choice voucher program include townhomes, private residences, apartments, condos, and others. In addition, Section 8 can even be used to pay a mortgage in Utah.

Housing Authorities (listed below) take applications to section 8. They also offer Family Self-Sufficiency Training and other resources. Note the applications can often be done online. The Utah housing authorities will also have waiting lists in place as well as a list of what homes are offered as part of section 8. Senior citizens or the disabled, who are in a financial crisis, can also apply for emergency section 8 vouchers.

Section 8 provides rent and housing assistance to the low income. it is an income based resource. Get information on the public housing agencies and non-profit organizations in Utah to apply to for help from the federal government funded Section 8 housing program.

Section 8 housing applications in Utah near you from housing authorities

Beaver City and County
Phone: (435)438-2935
Fax: (435)438-2935
325 E Center Street
Beaver Utah 84713

Emery County Public Housing Authority
Phone: (435)381-2902
Fax: (435)381-2901 95
E Main Street
Castle Dale UT 84513
Section 8 is an option in this sparsely populated Emery Utah region. In addition, staff can partner with tenants who need to transfer their voucher to another city, town, or region. Section 8 clients can therefore get help moving as well.




Cedar City Housing Authority
Phone: (435)586-8462
Fax: (435)865-9397
364 S. 100 E
Cedar City UT 84720

Davis Community
Phone: (801)451-2587
Fax: (801)451-6484 352
South 200 West, Suite 100
Farmington UT 84025
The PHA processes applications for Section 8 and Low rent housing. In addition, many agencies also provide grants, free furniture and rent assistance programs in Davis County.

Logan City
Phone: (435)752-7242
Fax: (435)752-6962
170 N. Main Street
Logan UT 84321

  • Or try the section 8 office at Bear River, 170 N Main Street, Logan UT 84321. for information or requirements, call Phone: (435)752-7242 or Fax: (435)752-6962.

Southeastern Utah Grand County Public Housing Authority
Phone: (435)259-5891
Fax: (435)259-4938
321 East Center
Moab UT 84532

Ogden and Weber County
Phone: (801)627-5851
Fax: (801)627-6012
2661 Washington Boulevard, Suite 102
Ogden UT 84401
The underemployed, gig workers, single moms and working poor have section 8 available as well as other financial help. This includes loans, cash aid, and other benefits. Call them to get help locating additional Weber County Utah assistance programs.

  • Or try the Weber County section 8 HA office at 237 26th Street, Suite 224, Ogden UT 84401. Phone: (801)399-8691 or Fax: (801)399-8862





Carbon County
Phone: (435)637-5170
Fax: (435)637-5178
251 S 1600 E
Price UT 84501

Utah County
Phone: (801)373-8333
Fax: (801)373-2270
240 E Center Street
Provo UT 84606
Applications are processed online or in the office for the section 8 HCV program. The agency also arranges legal aid, run their own income based apartments, and given tenants other support. In addition to the Section 8 housing vouchers and rent assistance, find additional ways to get help with bills, financial aid, and low income programs. As there is emergency rent and deposit help in Utah County.

  • Or try the location at 650 W 100 N, Provo UT 84601. Phone: (801)852-7080 or Fax: (801)373-6560

Roosevelt City
Phone: (435)722-5858
Fax: (435)722-5810
192 South 100 East (336-211)
Roosevelt UT 84066

  • Another office is in Myton City. Address is 58 E 100 N, Roosevelt UT 84066. Phone: (435)722-3952, Fax: (435)722-2170

Salt Lake County HA
Phone: (801)284-4400
Fax: (801)284-4406
3595 S Main Street
Salt Lake City UT 84115
The section 8 waiting list can open throughout the year. Thousands of low income families, those in poverty, and immigrants (among others) use the HUD income subsidies. Salt Lake Utah has other programs in addition Section 8 housing vouchers. Government agencies, charities, and non-profits can help people with rent and housing expenses. Vouchers can also be transferred. Click here for Salt Lake County rent assistance.

  • Or try the location at West Valley City Housing Authority, 4522 West 3500 South, West Valley City Utah 84120, Phone: (801)963-3329 or Fax: (801)963-3518





St. George and Washington County
Phone: (435)628-3648
Fax: (435)986-0960
975 N 1725 W, Apartment 101
St George UT 84770
The PHA offers low income housing and works with the government, HUD, and social services. Together there may be utility bill help from LIHEAP, homeless prevention, and other aid (in addition to section 8). Call them to learn more on Washington County Utah financial assistance programs.

Tooele County
Phone: (435)882-7875
Fax: (435)882-7894
118 E Vine Street
Tooele UT 84074


By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site