Rent assistance Suffolk County New York.
Locate Suffolk County New York programs that will help pay rent, security deposits and provide low income housing. Most resources are targeted at low income tenants, families with children, elderly, and disabled in Suffolk County. There are also programs to help people move including security deposit grants, free motel vouchers, section 8 vouchers and money for first months rent as well as legal aid. Find help with rent payments near you in Suffolk County New York.
Find information on who to contact for rental assistance in the towns of Bay Shore, Town of Islip, Smithtown, and Babylon, as well as throughout the balance of Suffolk County. A number of churches, non-profits, and other agencies accept applications and provide hardship funds to qualified individuals. Th goal is to keep the tenant in their home or apartment, or rehouse the homeless.
In addition, learn how to apply for government rent assistance programs, such as Section 8 as well as the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program, all of which focus on meeting the housing needs of low income families. There are also ways to port a section 8 housing choice voucher to a more affordable place to live. There are also free volunteer and pro-bono lawyers that help tenants by helping them fight an eviction in housing court.
Places that help with rent in Suffolk County NY area
Suffolk County Department of Social Services (DSS), which is based in Ronkonkoma New York, can provide affordable housing and rent assistance to low income individuals in Suffolk County NY. They have extensive information on numerous federal and state of New York assistance programs to, including temporary cash aid. They also run the Homelessness Prevention Fund. Dial (631) 854-9930
There are multiple locations in Suffolk County and Long Island. They help the poor, low-income renters, homeless and others. Emergency financial help for utilities, rent, free hotel vouchers and more are offered.
- Riverhead Salvation Army serves as a Community Resources and Rental Assistance non-profit agency in Suffolk County New York. The address is 130 Osborn Ave, Riverhead, NY 11901. Call 631-727-3338
- East Northport Salvation Army, phone 631-368-1170, is a great place to call for emergency assistance with rent. Centers that are part of the Salvation Army operate across the Long Island community, and this is a local branch. They offer everything from free food, to housing counseling, and emergency funds to pay rent. The address is 319 Clay Pitts Rd, East Northport, NY 11731.
- East Patchogue Center has crisis rent relief and emergency assistance. It ranges from a homeless shelter to transitional housing. Furniture, moving help and one time, emergency security deposit or rent help may also be provided in Suffolk County New York. The address is 414 E Main St, East Patchogue, NY 11772. Call (631) 654-9380
Community Development Centers in Suffolk County
There are multiple sites, most which focus on towns and cities in the region. They provide rent and housing assistance ranging from affordable apartments to section 8 vouchers, home buying classes and more.
- Town of Islip Community Development Agency - Offers money for moving costs, security deposits, and emergency rent help. All of it is government funded. They operate income subsidized apartments, includign no wait list homes too. The location is 15 Shore Ln, Bay Shore, NY 11706. Phone (631) 665-1185
- East Hampton Town Office Of Housing And Community Development – This government agency provides emergency rent assistance payments to qualified low-income families, disabled individuals, and seniors. The address is 267 Bluff Road, Amagansett, NY 11930. Call (631)267-7896. The towns of Amagansett, Town of East Hampton, Suffolk County, and Eastern Long Island are all offered rental assistance.
- Community Development Corporation Of Long Island – This not-for-profit administers the Housing Choice Voucher Rental Assistance Program in Suffolk County. There is help for veterans, low-income tenants and others. Apply for public housing agencies and local charities. The address is 2100 Middle Country Road, Centereach, New York 11720. Telephone: (631)471-1215
Housing Help, Inc. assists with numerous tenant and homeowner issues. Staff can help with landlord-tenant concerns, offer free foreclosure prevention, and coordinate counseling for tenants or homeowners. They also offer assistance with evictions, including referrals to low income housing or immediate rent relief programs. The address is 91 Broadway , Greenlawn, NY 11740. Call (631)754-0373
St. Jude Roman Catholic Church, located at 89 Overlook Drive in Mastic Beach, New York 11955. The The church only covers Mastic Beach as well as portions of Mastic and Shirley. There may be referrals only (and not direct financial assistance) for emergency rent and low income housing assistance. Call (631) 281-5743.
West Islip Church Of Christ – This local church offers low income residents access social services, including for housing, and may also be able to offer very limited funds to families in transition, financial hardship or in crisis. Priority is given by this church to requests from social service agencies on behalf of a client in need of rent or eviction prevention assistance.
For those that are income qualified, money can pay rent and mortgages (when FEMA funds are available), counselors offer advocacy when there is a threat of eviction, foreclosure and/or utility shut-off. Funds are very limited and assistance is offered each month until funds are depleted. When this occurs, a loan may be issued for rent. Address is 600 Montauk Hwy, West Islip, NY 11795., call (631) 587-1156
Suffolk County homeless prevention programs assist families and single moms with children as well as tenants in a crisis. Solutions include one time rent arrears assistance, placement into public housing, or free motel vouchers for the homeless. Rental assistance is also combined with counseling, and more on eviction and rehousing assistance Suffolk County.
St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church/Bay Shore – The church provides Suffolk residents with many services, including furniture, referrals, possible appliances for an apartment, advocacy and direct services consisting of rent assistance and money to pay other bills. The church helps those in the town of Bay Shore, Town of Islip, and across the greater Suffolk County, New York region. Address is 9 North Clinton Avenue. Bay Shore, New York 11706 .Call (631)665-4911
Suffolk Law Services Committee coordinates free legal aid for low income families, seniors, the disabled, and those with no other access to representation. Receive legal support in preventing evictions, assistance in addressing poor housing conditions, and guidance on applying for government benefits, including SSDI or section 8 rent vouchers. It is an Islandia New York base firm. Call (631)232-2400. Location is 1757 Veterans Memorial Hwy #50, Islandia, NY 11749.
Saint John of God Roman Catholic Church – They only help families pay rent if the applicant is within the church boundaries. Can provide a number of housing programs to people facing a crisis. Get everything from counseling, to eviction prevention and emergency grants to pay rent. There are also referrals, furniture from a thrift store, and other resources for housing costs. The parish is at 84 Carleton Ave, Central Islip, NY 11722, Dial (631)234-1884.
Economic Opportunity Council of Suffolk, Inc.
31 W Main St Suite 300, Patchogue, NY 11772. Main number is (631) 289-2124
The community action agency supports struggling families in Suffolk County. Free government grant money for housing (including rent, utilities, etc.), case management, applications to benefit programs and more are offered. More on financial help from Economic Opportunity Council.
Family Service League
790 Park Avenue, FSL Headquarters and Olsten Family Center, Huntington, NY 11743. Call 631-650-0062
They help low-income families and single people. There is emergency rent payment help, free legal services including landlord-tenant mediation and more. Housing relocation programs are offered too.
Hands Across Long Island (HALI)
159 Brightside Avenue, Central Islip, NY 11722. Call 631-234-1925
They help people live independently. Rent, income based apartment in Suffolk County and other support for seniors or disabled people.
Our Lady of Lourdes Church
455 Hunter Avenue, West Islip, NY 11795. Telephone: 631-661-3224
The charity has limited funds to pay rent arrears, utilities, and other housing expenses.
BHEP Senior Citizen Group offers information on tenants and landlord rights to the elderly. Some funds, or short term loans, may assist with the payment of rent, utility bills, deposits, or other housing costs. Telephone number is (631)286-9236
Suffolk County NY Public Housing Authority
The government agencies listed below run the New York section 8 housing voucher program, can provide information and access to low income housing programs, and can also be a great place to call for rental assistance.
- Babylon Housing Authority
281 Phelps Ln., North Babylon, NY 11703. Call (631) 893-1040
- Town of Brookhaven Department of Housing, Intergovernmental Affairs and Community Development
Address - 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville, NY 11738. Phone number - 631-451-6600
- Greenport Community Development
236 3rd St, Greenport, NY 11944. Telephone - 631-477-2391
- Northfork Housing Alliance
Main office location is 116 South St, Greenport, NY 11944. Dial - 631-477-1070
- Huntington Housing Authority
1-A Lowndes Avenue, Huntington Station, NY 11746. Telephone number - 631-427-6220
- Islip Housing Authority
Location of office - 963 Montauk Highway, Oakdale, New York 11769. Call this number 631-589-7100 for information on low income housing.
- Patchogue Community Development Agency
Location - 14 Baker Street, Patchogue, NY 11772. Phone number - 631-475-8851
- Riverhead Community Development
542 E. Main Street, Riverhead, New York 11901. Telephone number - 631-722-8701
- Smithtown Community Development
Parking lot, 2 Redwood Ln, Smithtown, NY 11787. Phone - 631-360-7587
- Southampton Community Development
Office address - 116 NY-27A, Southampton, NY 11968. Phone number - 631-283-6000
- Community Development Corporation
2100 Middle Country Road Suite 300 Centereach, New York 11720. Telephone number - 631-471-1215
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com