Jasper, Newton, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, Tyler, Panola, Upshur assistance programs.
A large number of non-profits, charities, and government programs can provide help to the low income in the area. Find ways to get help paying rent, energy bills, food programs, and other assistance.
The Helping Place - A wide variety of financial assistance programs are offered. Get help with paying for rent, financial assistance for utilities and energy bills, free food and gently used or new clothing, food baskets at Thanksgiving and Christmas. But the amount of aid offered goes on from there. In addition, you may be able to get financial assistance with a small amount of money and emergency funds for gasoline to go to a doctor appointment or job interview. Also keep in mind that school supplies for the beginning of school year may be provided as well. Buna Texas. (409)994-2247
Big Sandy Agape House Ministries Food Pantry and Thrift Store - This non-profit organization provides clothing and free food to the low-income and needy. Limited financial assistance and funds may be available to assist with utilities, gas and miscellaneous other emergency expenses. Funding is limited. (903)636-4471
Tri-County Community Action - This is the local community action agency for Southwest Texas including Sabine, Jasper, Newton, Panola, San Augustine, Shelby, Tyler, and Upshur counties Texas. Several different programs and resources are offered.
- Utility and Energy Bill Financial Assistance - The agency administers the CEAP Program, which provides utility bill assistance and can help prevent disconnections.
- Financial Assistance - The purpose of a program known as expanded services is to provide aid, grants, and counseling to low to moderate income eligible individuals and families facing a crisis in terms of food, clothing, rent and shelter.
- Weatherization - The main purpose of the Weatherization Program is to assist low-income persons and help them save money on their monthly energy bills.
- Loan program - The Tri-County Agency has referrals to everything from local credit unions that can offer loans for bills or rent to medical equipment, home repair, and more.
- Case management and self-sufficiency will help parents gain new skills, or enroll children into Head Start.
A focus is on ending poverty, hunger as well as homeless in counties including Tyler and others. To ensure this happens, they coordinate with food pantries in Southeast Texas. They also refer struggling families to security deposit assistance programs as well as other forms of homeless prevention.
The non-profit is a leading anti-poverty organization in the region. For more information, call the Tri-County Community Action at (936) 598-6315, or find more information.
God's Unchanging Hands, Inc. - This Kirbyville agency (phone (409)423-4554) can provide assistance with paying utilities, rent help, prescription medications, and free food and groceries.
Mission Carthage - This pantry provides food and vegetables to residents of Shelby, Rusk, Panola, and Harrison counties in Texas. (903)693-4402
Greater Jasper Share, Inc. - Low income people, who can prove a hardship, may be able to get food assistance. (409)384-9910
Food Ministry - Roganville - Phone number (409)423-5738. The charity can distribute food to the needy one time per month basis. Baby food and free diapers also available. Read more on free diapers.
Caring Is Sharing - The non-profit may be able to distribute nonperishable foods as well as financial assistance. For example, get up to $75.00 in grants for assistance with utilities every six month. Other programs may offer $75.00 in financial assistance with medication every three months and clothing vouchers too. Woodville TX. (409)283-5800
Community Clinic. Wellness Pointe formerly Longview Wellness Center, Inc. - This clinic can provide low cost, yet high quality, OB/GYN, family planning, pediatrics and mental healthcare. Bills are based on a sliding fee scale, and payment plans are accepted. Dial (903)843-3019.