latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





South Central Idaho assistance programs.

If you need help in Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, or Twin Falls Idaho, find a listing of non-profits and programs below. Get help with energy bills, rent, utilities, food, and other aid. In addition, if you live in Twin Falls, click here for other resources for that county.

Salvation Army - The non-profit charity organization can provide basic human needs during time of crisis for family or individuals in need of help. The non-profit can provide household, rental, clothing, transportation and medical bill assistance. Call (208) 343-5429

County courthouse - No matter which of these counties you live in, try calling your county courthouse in Idaho. They provide indigent fund programs. Among other aid provided, they may be able to help with heating bills, medical expenses, property taxes, prescriptions, weatherization, and other financial and energy assistance programs.

Community Action Partnership 5 - This is a non-profit agency that helps the low income, working poor, elderly, and others who are struggling. Services and resources offered by the agency may include, but are not limited to, heating bill assistance, emergency food, energy assistance, limited financial assistance dependent upon funding sources, gently used or new clothing, a family development programs, special housing programs, budgeting help, and telephone assistance. Call (208) 324-8856

Family Health Services - This is a low cost or free medical clinic. Services provided include Gynecology, Nutritional Counseling, Comprehensive Adult Health Care, Family Planning-Contraceptive services, Preventive & Wellness Care, Out-patient Surgical Procedures, Emergency Care, Hospital Care, Cancer Screenings, and Referrals to other medical specialists and doctors, including medical bill advocates. Dental care may also be offered. (208) 324-3471.

South Central Community Action Partnership, Inc. - This is the primary non-profit community action agency that serves the area. Programs offered for the low income residents of the area include.





  • Financial help and other aid from Community Services Block Grant Program (CSBG) - This is very encompassing, and includes Rental/Mortgage Assistance Program, Back to School Program, Utility and Heating Assistance, Emergency Medical Program, Budgeting, Debt Help, Telephone Assistance, and much more.
  • LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) - This federal government funded program can help people pay their heating and energy bills. Emergency aid can also help prevent a disconnection.
  • USDA Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) - The program can provide boxes of food and groceries. In addition they have partnerships with other local food locations, such as pantries and soup kitchens. Thousands receive free food every year.
  • Weatherization - This federal government energy bill program is designed to reduce heating and cooling bills by potentially hundreds of dollars for low income eligible families. The aid provided does focus on the families with children, the elderly, people with disabilities. The weatherization program can help people save money by improving the energy efficiency of their homes.

Call the South Central Community Action Partnership, Inc. at (208) 733-9351. Also click here for more information on community action agencies.

St. Jerome's Community Kitchen, which can be called at (208) 324-3437, offers free meals twice per week.

Sun Valley Ministers Association - Ketchum, which is located in Blaine County Idaho, offers free food vouchers, general emergency assistance. In addition, a limited amount of financial assistance may be offered for people with an acute crisis. Call (208) 727-8733




By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site