latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Twin Falls County assistance programs.

Low income families can get help from charities, churches, and government assistance programs. Emergency rental or security deposit assistance is for housing. There are also grants for paying utility bills, free food (or vouchers), gasoline programs, case management and more in Twin Falls County. There may also be free Christmas toys for kids, clothing during the winter, and back to school supply programs. Find how to apply for financial aid, along with eviction help, credit counseling, and more below.

South Central Community Action

This is a non-profit agency that helps the low income and working poor. Assistance programs offered to qualified individuals can include, but are not limited to, free food, utility help, food commodities, emergency food, energy and heating bill assistance, clothing, limited financial assistance dependent upon funding sources, rent help, family development programs, information on Idaho and federal government programs, as well as special housing programs and telephone assistance applications. Twin Falls Idaho (208) 733-9351o

Community Council of Idaho - Twin Falls

Services and resources offered include financial assistance, job placements or career training for people with agricultural related experience. Other programs provide services to low to moderate income seasonal/migrant individuals and families employed with raw agricultural products or they coordinate at risk youth counseling.

Some of the educational and/or financial assistance programs range from English as second language (improving job skills for H & W clients), and Bilingual aids education. There may also be rental emergency, free food, Head Start, or information on scholarships for low income individuals. The agency will also help with transportation costs (ie bus tickets in emergency). Phone (208) 734-3336, or find other sources of free vouchers for gasoline.





Salvation Army of Twin Falls

Call (208) 733-8720. Offers rental assistance for people facing an eviction. Emergency food is also offered. An energy program known as Project Share is available which will assist needy individuals with utility and heating bills from October 1 through April 4. Last, but not least, emergency lodging, utility bill assistance, clothing and household needs are satisfied by the Salvation Army. Whether it is a free Christmas gift or referrals to financial aid or loan programs, the charity may help. Read Twin Falls County Salvation Army assistance programs.

West End Ministerial Association

The agency offers rent, utility and heating bill help, and gas assistance for people who live in Buhl and Castleford. A Food pantry is also on site. (208) 733-9430

Mustard Seed Community Assistance

This is the local agency that relies on the community assistance program. The non-profit Mustard Seed Community Assistance helps people with heating bills, food, clothing, toys, furniture, utilities, some home repairs, and rental assistance. Free bread and other nutritional items (donated by local grocery stores) are also is available throughout the week. Phone (208) 733-9430

Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership

The community action agency offers the energy bill assistance program, which provides a one-time payment to a household's heat source utility company. The financial cash grant/benefit is calculated to provide 2-3 months of heating costs for each eligible household. Weatherization is also administered, which helps people save on their energy bills. Other programs include Head Start, GED education programs, as well as affordable housing. Also, click here to learn about Idaho HUD foreclosure and mortgage programs for Twin Falls. (208) 522-5453

St. Vincent De Paul, Twin Falls

Assistance at this center includes Thrift Store, low cost clothing, and school supplies. The charity also can provide referrals to struggling members of the community. It serves as a donation site as well. Call (208) 734-9143.

New Hope Christian Fellowship

This agency, which can be reached at (208) 733-6255, provides the needy with free food, and referrals to other non-profits and programs.





Free food from charities

The three options include food pantries, soup kitchens, and government programs. There are several non-profits in Twin Falls and the surrounding county that offer these services. Some only offer food while others provide clothing, furniture, and even operate a thrift store.

A handful of the food pantries have staff that provide information to long term benefits. These mainly include SNAP food stamps, but there are other benefits as well. Generally these benefits are for very low income families. More on Twin Falls County food pantries.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site