latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rental assistance Seminole County

Find agencies that offer emergency rental assistance in the greater Seminole County Florida region. There may also be other forms of housing assistance offered, including free legal aid for eviction prevention, grants to pay security deposits, free motel vouchers and transitional housing. Locate rent assistance programs near you in Seminole County below.

The goal is to stop homeless in the county as well as cities of Sanford, Altamonte Springs and others. Both government grants and private funds may be issued for paying rent, moving costs, or security deposits. There is also placement into low-income, no waiting list apartments or housing units. Free lawyers in Seminole County FL also help tenants avoid an eviction with consultations as well as representation.

Organizations that help with rent in Seminole County

The Community Service Agency Partnership, or CSA, is the leading homeless prevention agency in the county. They partner with state organizations such as Florida Housing Finance Corporation (FHFC) or maybe even the federal government Housing and Urban Development Department (HUD). They will provide families facing eviction with grants for paying their rent, rehousing services, and referrals to low income apartments or no-waiting list housing. There may also be funds to pay the security deposit on a new home or to cover first or last months rent. Call 407-665-2300.

  • Homeless Prevention Assistance is offered by the Seminole County agency. Hardship funds are used for rent, mortgages, utility bills and other expenses that could lead to homelessness if unpaid. Security and rental deposits can also be paid, using funds from the Florida Housing Finance Corporation. The money is intended allow residents to find and obtain decent, safe affordable housing.
  • If facing eviction due to unpaid utility bills (including water or electric), the Good Neighbor Fund can help. It is administered by the Seminole County Environmental Services Department. Donations from the county are used to help low income residents. Phone - (407) 665-2110.

For more information on any of the rental or housing programs noted above, the Community Assistance Department is located at 534 West Lake Mary Boulevard, Sanford, FL 32773. Call (407) 665-2300. They can direct low income families, seniors, or the poor to resources.

Seminole County Veterans' Services Program provides housing as well as other assistance. The address is 534 W Lake Mary Blvd, Sanford, FL 32773. Veterans and their families will get information, referrals, rental assistance, and advocacy. There are programs including HUD-VASH as well as SSVF - Supportive Services for Veterans .The county can also address employment needs, provide access to low income housing, transportation, and loans for other bills. Call (407) 665-2300.




The Central Florida Continuum of Care can also offer shelters, motel vouchers as well as emergency housing and rental assistance. Most of the financial aid is issued as part of Shelter Plus Care (S+C). This HUD program focuses on the disabled and mentally ill in Seminole County. It will link permanent or short term rental assistance and social services for hard-to-serve homeless persons in the Sanford Florida region. They also partner with charities, churches and other agencies on rental programs. Call (407) 893-0133.

Catholic Charities - Central Florida
430 Plumosa Avenue, Casselberry, FL 32707. Dial (407) 388-0245 or  (407) 658-1818
Offers assistance to homeless women, including housing, information on funds for rent help, shelter, and other support. Another program is known as Pathways To Care, which can provide short term housing as well as long term support. It can help migrant workers, immigrants and the working poor in Seminole County.

The Sharing Center
A faith based charity that offers shelter, housing, and rent assistance among other resources. Case management around budgeting and employment is also given along with loans and other rent/housing support. More on Sharing Center Assistance programs.

Rescue Outreach Mission Of Central Florida, Inc.
1701 West Historic Goldsboro Boulevard, Sanford, Florida 32771. Call (407) 321-8224
Shelter, job placement, and low income housing solutions are available. When the homeless person, or family, is stabilized, they help with rehousing into a new, low-cost apartment. Referrals to deposit or first months rent in Seminole County is offered too.

Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society, Inc.
101 West Palmetto Avenue, Longwood, Florida 32750. Call (407) 834-1660 for information.
Free legal aid will be offered to help stop an eviction. Get information on rights when it comes to fair housing. Lawyers can assist low income families and the elderly. Tenants can get free advice on issues such as unpaid rent or unsafe apartments.

The Salvation Army of Seminole County
Address is 700 West 24th Street, Sanford, FL 32771. Call (407) 322-2642.
They partner with non-profits such as the United Way to offer emergency rental assistance. There is also overnight homeless shelter, transitional housing, case management, and maybe funds for qualified residents. Get emergency rental or utility assistance when an eviction is imminent.





Jewish Family Services of Seminole County
Location is 2100 Lee Rd. Winter Park, FL 32789. Dial 407-644-7593
Approved clients can get financial help from the FSP - Family Stabilization Program (FSP). It is homeless prevention rehousing that combines grant money for rent or utility bills, job programs, money management programs and more.

Seminole County Housing Authority
Location is 145 W Pine Ave, Longwood, FL 32750. Telephone - (407) 365-3621
The organization has section 8 housing vouchers (HCV), home buying services and more. Some people, including women fleeing DV, can et emergency section 8 vouchers for a crisis. There is also information on low-income housing, self-sufficiency and other resources.

  • Another option is Sanford Housing Authority, and the location is 94 Castle Brewer Ct, Sanford, FL 32771. Call (407) 323-3150

HOPE Helps
Location is 812 Eyrie Drive, Oviedo, FL 32765. Telephone - (321) 765-4984
As funding allows, there is financial assistance for rent, mortgages, energy costs and other housing expenses. Counseling, budgeting and other support is offered to tenants.

Heart of Florida United Way, Inc.
Dial for referrals 407-835-0900 or 211
The non-profit assists Seminole County as well. Low-income families, single moms., the unemployed and other can access a wide range of programs, including for paying rent, free furniture banks for a new home, storage cost or lot rent payment assistance and more.


Related Content From



By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site