latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Rental assistance in Wake County and Raleigh.

Get information on Raleigh and Wake County rent assistance programs. A number of agencies, non-profit organizations, churches, charities and government programs can help the low income and people facing an emergency pay their rent and housing expenses. Also, if you were evicted, or are homeless, many organizations can help you find new housing and pay for security deposits.

Families and individuals across Wake County North Carolina can apply for help with rent. Not only may you receive financial assistance and grants, but most of the non-profits can also help people apply for government assistance such as section 8 housing vouchers. In addition the organizations are very effective at providing referrals to other federal government or state of North Carolina rent assistance and low income housing programs.

Fuquay-Varina - A program known as Family Aid Council is administered. Interested parties must go  through WCHS Southern Regional Center, 130 N. Judd PKY NE, Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina 27526; 919-557-2501. Emergency rental assistance is offered.

Christian Community in Action - Financial support, including for rent or housing, is available for residents of Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs, Willow Spring, Friendship, and New Hill. 1231 NE Maynard Rd., Cary, NC 27513; 919-469-9861.

Wake County Housing Authority - Offers emergency rental assistance and programs such as section 8 housing vouchers. Zebulon, North Carolina 27597-8967, call (919)269-6404

Triangle Family Services' Emergency Housing Assistance Program - Services offered include Homeless Prevention and emergency rent help. This non-profit prevents homelessness and evictions by providing emergency financial assistance and cash grants, intensive case management, and budget counseling services to eligible Wake County NC families and individuals facing imminent risk of eviction from their homes or apartments. 401 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh. Dial 919-821-0790 X 115. Continue with rent help from Triangle Family Services.




Western Wake Crisis Ministry assists with paying rent and utilities for a specific area only, which includes residents of Apex, New Hill, Friendship, and Holly Springs. Their choice pantry is available for Apex, New Hill and Friendship residents.

The address is 1600 Olive Chapel Road, Suite 408, Apex, NC 27502; 919-362-0657; Please note, that the non-profit agency does not serve all of Wake County, and anyone seeking rental or other financial assistance needs to live in the regions specific above.

Garner Area Ministries - This charity can provide help with rent if you have an eviction notice. 885 HWY 70 W, Garner, North Carolina 27529; 919-772-9100. Residents of the Raleigh zip code of 27603 can also get housing assistance.

County Emergency Assistance
2001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699
Toll free number - 1-800-662-7030
Rent help is provided from government funds. Appliances need to be within 200% of poverty levels with a kid. There are also grants, transportation, and energy programs. Single mothers or fathers are big users of the Wake county emergency rental assistance program.

Raleigh Housing Authority
Raleigh, North Carolina 27604
Main phone number - (919)831-8300





North Carolina Commission Of Indian Affairs
Main office address: 1317 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1300
Phone number - (919)789-5900

Dorcas Ministries
Location is 187 High House Road
Cary, North Carolina 27511
Call (919) 469-9861
They only support Cary area families. Tenants can apply for financial aid, including for rent. There is also scholarship, job placement, referrals to low income housing in Cary and other resources.

Salvation Army - Offers help for paying rent and other bills. Food, vouchers, and thrift store also on site. There are multiple centers in Wake County. 215 S. Person St., Raleigh, NC 27601-1423. (919) 834-6733

Wake County Housing Emergency Assistance Program - This government agency makes funds available to assist families in situations involving a child where a person needs assistance with paying security deposits, rent, or for those facing eviction. 919-212-7000.

Family And Community Empowerment Services (FACES)
Location is 605 Bridge Street
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
For information, dial 919-567-8100
They support Fuquay-Varina and Willow Spring. Shelter, assistance with back rent or utility bills, referrals, free furniture for tenants, and other aid is offered too. Eviction help includes advice, rent money, and other social services.

Access Hub is a free referral line. The service helps the homeless and people facing eviction, foreclosure, or lose of housing. Learn about emergency rent assistance, homeless shelters, motel voucher programs in Wake County, low cost apartments and more.  The goal is to stop evictions, direct residents to rental programs and give support. Referrals only are given. Call (919) 443-0096

Passage Home, Inc.
Address: PO Box 10347
Raleigh, North Carolina 27605-0347
Phone number - (919)834-0666
The local community action agency for Wake County. Money may be available for emergency rental assistance or case managers have referrals to charities and low interest loans for housing payments.





Carying Place Incorporated - Transitional Housing Program may be able to provide families an opportunity to stabilize their financial situation and obtain long term housing. Cary, NC 27512, (919)462-1800

Community Outreach
Address - 120 W Hargett St
Raleigh, North Carolina 27601
Phone number - (919) 833-4070

Southern Regional Service Intake (WCHS - ESS)
Address: 130 N. Judd Pkwy. N.E.
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina 27526
Call - (919) 557-2501

Wake County Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program - This was created by federal government stimulus funds. Money can pay deposits, rent for up to 18 months, and more. Other services include hotel or motel vouchers, moving costs, case management, and even debt counseling. Call one of the following organizations for information.

  • Oak City Cares and the Coordinated Entry program, call 984-344-9599, which is a partner of Wake County Division of Housing and Community Revitalization, Raleigh, North Carolina 27602.
  • NC State Office of Economic Recovery and Investment, Raleigh, NC 27699, (919) 733-1433
  • Additional support can be arranged too. Even learn about North Carolina section 8 housing choice vouchers.

Women's Center Of Wake County - Offers Supportive Housing and Rental Assistance, including for single parents. Raleigh, NC 27601, phone (919)829-3711

Urban Ministries Of Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603-1118
Phone number - (919)836-1642





City Of Raleigh - Programs from this government agency include weatherization, home repairs, rental assistance, and counseling. Raleigh, North Carolina 27601, dial (919)857-4330

Community Alternatives For Supportive Abodes (CASA)
Raleigh, NC 27605
Primary number to call is (919)754-9960 for information and consultations.

Catholic Charities Family Life Center, which can be reached at (919) 286-1964, may have funds for emergency rent help or information on loan programs. They also provide case management and related social services in Wake County.

Wake County rehousing for the homeless and eviction assistance is available as the result of government administered rental programs and housing grants. Assistance is available for everyone from veterans to the disabled, mentally ill and single parents. Find information on money for paying back rent, motel vouchers, landlord/tenant mediation, and rehousing. More on eviction prevention in Wake County.

Homeless Veterans Services
2321 Crabtree Blvd
Raleigh North Carolina, 27604-2260

Call 919-831-9042
The Volunteers of America Carolinas administer this service. Veterans can get help in applying for cash benefits, low income housing, disability, or emergency funds from programs such as SSVF for security deposits or moving costs.

Doorstep Ministry - Edenton Street United Methodist Church
Location is 228 West Edenton Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
Telephone: 919-832-9530
Appointments are needed. Bring ID, proof of income, and more. Emergency rent help or funds may be loaned out as well for bills.

Legal Aid of North Carolina Raleigh
224 South Dawson Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
(919) 828-4647
Free legal aid, including for housing and delinquent rent matters, is provided. Lawyers will help tenants stop evictions and ensure seniors, the disabled, and poor have access to safe housing.





Wake County shelters and low income housing - The non-profit agencies and charities below may have shelter or housing for the homeless and very low income.

  • Healing Place, 1251 Goode Dr., Raleigh, NC. 88 - Offers shelter for women with children and the homeless.
  • Helen Wright Center for Women, 401 W. Cabarrus St., Raleigh, North Carolina.
  • Raleigh Rescue Mission, 314 E. Hargett St., Raleigh.
  • South Wilmington Street Shelter, 1420 S. Wilmington St., Raleigh.
  • Urban Ministries, 840 Semart Dr., Raleigh, North Carolina 27604; 919-834-4707.  Rent and financial assistance.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site